Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If the Elves united and became a faction, what races would join them?

Curious, what you think if the night elven group [night elf, highborne, nightborne] and the Thalassian group (day elves) [High elf, blood elf, darkfallen] all united and became a faction of their own, which of the other races do you reckon would join them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Curious, what you think if the night elven group [night elf, highborne, nightborne] and the Thalassian group (day elves) [High elf, blood elf, darkfallen] all united and became a faction of their own, which of the other races do you reckon would join them?
    No, the subject isn't even possible, sorry. You have at least three kinds of elves who does not approve of each other. And one kind of elf who finds themselves higher than others.

If it was possible, no one else would join them - maybe Worgen, that is about it. But the chances of it would be so minimal of them being able to stick together as a faction.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    .... Day Elves? Seriously?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I ignored that bit, sounded too silly, so moved along with the rest.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think the faction issue in wow is a bit ott. Horde and alliance should have contd to remain human and orcs. Small races like the gnomes, Tauren, etc should be part of the factions, but larger races should be their own faction

Elves, Dwarves, Trolls and Draenei should be their own faction. Look at dwarves.. they are a multi-national group, you have dark irons, Bronzebeards, wildhammers, now earthern - frost dwarves, iron dwarves - that's a multi-faceted group and peoples

still you could have one of their races in the horde/alliance which is what the case is now. Still they are big enough to be nations. Even the tauren and gnomes. but I can see the smaller races aligning or allying themselves with some of the bigger ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    could people stop trying to turn the elves into a wanna be faction?
    its not gonna happen.

also, day elves? srsly?

Formerly known as Arafal

The Night Elves and Blood Elves will never unite. They are at odds ideologically.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I don't think he was labelling, or he wouldn't have used brackets, I think it was more an illustrating on the main dividing line between the two groups, one group are night based - hence night elf, and the other group are all based off group that are diurnal. High elf, blood elf and darkfallen are all from the same stock aren't they, whereas night elf, highborne and nightborne are all from the same stock dominated by their "nightness" as elves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    The Night Elves and Blood Elves will never unite. They are at odds ideologically.
    in wow they won't, because you have to have faction conflict etc. Highborne, demon hunters are ideologically different from night elves, and yet they're still working together with them, as are nightborne and moonguard. So if the arcane night elven bunch, and the fel wielding night elves can work together with the druidic/priest bunch - why can't you see blood elves working with night elves?

to say ideology makes impossible is not really making sense given we see groups with vastly different ideologies work together, no the reason you won't see it is because we have to have horde vs alliance, and you have the elves in one of each group and that's how it needs to be for the game, nothing to do with ideology. A quick story can change everything, but it won't, because we must have conflict

Nightelves are far too xenophobic to accept any other variety of elves.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    demon hunters are ideologically different from night elves, and yet they're still working together with them,
    Because locking up Illidan and his Demon Hunters for ten years is working together.

Deleted
    Because locking up Illidan and his Demon Hunters for ten years is working together.
    So letting them out and letting them join in your innermost sanctums is not?

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    So letting them out and letting them join in your innermost sanctums is not?
    So if I locked you up for a decade and then let you out, we are automatically best friends?

The Illidari are still not trusted, but are tolerated so long as the Legion is a threat. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Deleted
    So if I locked you up for a decade and then let you out, we are automatically best friends?

The Illidari are still not trusted, but are tolerated so long as the Legion is a threat. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
    So we agree they are working together yes?

Working together =/= working towards the same goal. I do not see any Demon Hunters in Stormwind plate. The Demon Hunters are their own group, proven throughout Legion since their camps consist of only their own kind (even in Stormwind and Orgrimmar they seclude themselves), however they do share some of their information with the Alliance and the Horde.

Yes and no. "Tolerating as an emergency measure" is probably a better phrasing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    So they are working together?

I dont suppose demon hunters have been banished from Night elf grounds, or only allowed to raid for themselves in risk of betrayal.

If you allow your tank to be a DH, literally entrusting the whole squads lives in their hands, i would say you are working together.

Also if they were only tolerating each other momentarily, they would be imprisoned after legion. Which would be totally hilarious, but not gonna happen.
    Maybe they will do something lore-boar wise and they then redeemed themselves in the legion assaults.

I dont suppose demon hunters have been banished from Night elf grounds, or only allowed to raid for themselves in risk of betrayal.

If you allow your tank to be a DH, literally entrusting the whole squads lives in their hands, i would say you are working together.

Also if they were only tolerating each other momentarily, they would be imprisoned after legion. Which would be totally hilarious, but not gonna happen.
    Maybe they will do something lore-boar wise and they then redeemed themselves in the legion assaults.
    You're intentionally conflating lore with gameplay mechanics. Just because your Draenei priest can suddenly be healer for a DH tank doesn't mean lorewise that Draenei and DHs are holding hands and skipping through the fields of Shadowmoon. The DHs were released as an emergency measure as their prison was actively under siege by the Legion and they are now fighting alongside the forces of the Alliance and Horde.
    Its similar to how DHs are lorewise one faction, but you can PvP and fight each other. Lorewise DHs wouldn't suddenly be killing each other in Warsong Gulch after being freed from imprisonment the day before even if the game allows you to do that.

And yes, I'm sure over the course of Legion something lorewise will happen where the DHs will not be re-imprisoned to justify their continued existence roaming free in the game world.

I'm more in line with you here.

I think blizzard wants demon hunters to be an edgy group, a very dangerous feel to them, you want to trust them, but you can't, you greatly respect them but you won't ever become one of them so you respect them for the sacrifice they make, but you're not letting them bounce your baby on their knees.

but the night elves have always been ones to act not quite as the profile expects - giving up arcane magic, doing a 10k year long vigil, Tyrande releasing Illidan, U-turn and embracing arcane magic again, lifting highborne exile, now working with demon hunters - they are anything but predictable, I can see how though, and it makes sense, but it's so unusual -- they are so unusual/

only a night elf would recognise the difference between demon controlled and controlling the inner demon. And you just know Tyrande gets it, you just know it. I wonder if Tyrande and Elisande and related, I just wonder.

They may be on the edge of society, but it won't be superstitous xenophobic manner - that we think.. everytime we expect night elves to be like that, they aren't, showing us that we most often don't understand them - but that's okay, they're enigmatic, they can be understood though, but you have to look deeply.

Demon hunters will not enjoy any of the night elven civilizations, not the kalimdor ones nor the broken isle ones, whether Darnassus or Suramar - because they're too edgy, too intense and civilized folk, even night elves that often seem to understand the urgency of the legion more than most aren't quite prepeared to sacrifice EVERYTHING - their lives, or nature or their city in order to win. And they shouldn't, they are the ones the demon hunters want to protect. And the night elves I don't think would hate them or want to kill them or imprison them, but they won't be BFFs, there would be an alert wariness about them , both a confident and hopefulness when they're with you but also an air of danger and mistrust.
    Last edited by Mace; 2016-08-22 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    none because the elves are the superior race in azeroth.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

You're intentionally conflating lore with gameplay mechanics. Just because your Draenei priest can suddenly be healer for a DH tank doesn't mean lorewise that Draenei and DHs are holding hands and skipping through the fields of Shadowmoon.
    No, but it does mean that canonically they are working together. This whole thread seems to be a misunderstanding about the phrase itself. "Working Together" doesn't mean "we're getting a joint bank account and the wedding's next month" it means "for the purpose of performing their established roles within their organization, these two parties will act for the mutual benefit of all included parties therein."

I'm not sure how you keep getting confused about this.

And yes, I'm sure over the course of Legion something lorewise will happen where the DHs will not be re-imprisoned to justify their continued existence roaming free in the game world.
    Probably the same reason that Death Knights aren't being hunted down if they leave Northrend and are spotted summoning ghouls from nearby graveyards. That is to say: it probably won't be explained or someone will just Highfive a named Illidari during a cutscene and we'll move on without an actual treaty or conversation.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."