Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic + Dungeons

So if this has already been posted about specifically I'm sorry, I am awful as using the search function on this site...

However, I was wondering what the consensus is on the best spec for pushing 5 man content, specifically Mythic + dungeons in Legion, as I won't have time for Mythic raiding.

From the very little I have read / seen, I assume the answer is either Affliction or Destruction, with Demonology not being worth it at all (very upsetting). But this is also a rather uneducated guess.

Hoping some people could shed some light so I can make my decision on which spec to start out as and not waste AP early on.

Thanks!

Warlock isnt good for Mythic+ in general. Mythic+ Dungeons prefer melee classes/specs over range. Well unless you are a Mage, then it doesn't apply to you.
    This is why if i'm gonna end up maining Warlock after all, i'll make sure to lvl up a secondery alt which is probably gonna be a melee for Mythic+ groups.

Unfortunately mythic+ are aoe cluster fucks, therfore it is best** to run as a aoe melee (dh/dk/fury) or an aoe ranges (fire mage/BM hunter) you can do otherwise with a good group, it's just not optimal.

Deleted
    Run affliction and decimate packs down with some solid aoe

Deleted
    affliction is one of the best ranges for high mythic+

Sucks, probably will just have to suck it up and level my mage / rogue right after my warlock then. Although Affliction does seem kinda fun again, so maybe I'll just give that a shot.

Either way, thanks for the unfortunate replies!

Deleted
    Don't listen to those who cry about Warlock being bad. What I have heard is that Affliction is one of the best AoE specs in the game, thus really good in Mythic+

Quote Originally Posted by Kjarl Grimblood View Post
    Warlock isnt good for Mythic+ in general. Mythic+ Dungeons prefer melee classes/specs over range. Well unless you are a Mage, then it doesn't apply to you.
    This is why if i'm gonna end up maining Warlock after all, i'll make sure to lvl up a secondery alt which is probably gonna be a melee for Mythic+ groups.
    You're pretty intensely wrong. Afflicton and Destruction are both great ranged DPS to bring into Mythic+, and that's not me throwing out hyperbole. That's supported by available logs, Youtube videos, streamers, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by imakki View Post
    Don't listen to those who cry about Warlock being bad. What I have heard is that Affliction is one of the best AoE specs in the game, thus really good in Mythic+
    Correct; I've witnessed some pretty amazing things out of Affliction. Granted you have to be good at multidotting and/or know how to responsibly use Sow the Seeds, but still. Affliction is definitely a solid spec for Mythic+

It's pretty dumb how people who have zero idea what they're talking about CONSTANTLY come into these threads, on any class forum, to say their class is bad in Mythics, when in fact it's actually the opposite. Seen Affliction alone pulling excellent numbers in dungeons. Stop saying they're bad, they aren't in the slightest. Needlessly scaring people away and making them feel bad about their class is just bullshit.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    It's pretty dumb how people who have zero idea what they're talking about CONSTANTLY come into these threads, on any class forum, to say their class is bad in Mythics, when in fact it's actually the opposite. Seen Affliction alone pulling excellent numbers in dungeons. Stop saying they're bad, they aren't in the slightest. Needlessly scaring people away and making them feel bad about their class is just bullshit.
    I'm so hopelessly confused because people will say statements like this then someone from beta will come in and say, "No, you're wrong. The class is completely garbage in this setting." I really want to main my warlock, he's been my main since BC..I have an alt I made in cataclysm but its just not the same. Mage is the only other class I can come close to getting into as much as warlock but its still not the same.

I don't want to reroll and no one is holding a pistol to my head forcing me to, in my gut I feel warlocks won't ever be completely useless but I think in a progression mythic setting if they aren't absolutely viable that more casual players are going to see this and assume warlocks are "useless" and its going to trickle down and cause pugs to not take them, its annoying.

And yes I know common sense is to just "prove yourself" or to find a decent guild but I still think its an annoying trend but I guess its happened to other classes in the past. This is sort of why I wish we still brought stuff like spell buffs to groups like in wotlk to compensate for lower dps but then people would just want to stack certain classes..
    Last edited by Lisa Frank Succubus; 2016-08-22 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    I'm so hopelessly confused because people will say statements like this then someone from beta will come in and say, "No, you're wrong. The class is completely garbage in this setting." I really want to main my warlock, he's been my main since BC..I have an alt I made in cataclysm but its just not the same. Mage is the only other class I can come close to getting into as much as warlock but its still not the same.

I don't want to reroll and no one is holding a pistol to my head forcing me to, in my gut I feel warlocks won't ever be completely useless but I think in a progression mythic setting if they aren't absolutely viable that more casual players are going to see this and assume warlocks are "useless" and its going to trickle down and cause pugs to not take them, its annoying.
    Dont listen to him. Hes talking complete nonesense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont listen to him. Hes talking complete nonesense.
    Which one is talking complete nonsense, Kjarl?

Quote Originally Posted by blindwalker View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=dc05TC62CM0
    there is a link to a mythic + 11, they don´t make the timer, but you can get an idea of how affliction dmg is compared to the rogue and shadow priest.
    you are better off looking at some vids, than random guys on here. just go look at mythic + vids and find the once with locks in em and check it out.

link won´t work coz i don´t have enough post so copy it yourself.
    That's a shadow priest.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blindwalker View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=dc05TC62CM0
    there is a link to a mythic + 11, they don´t make the timer, but you can get an idea of how affliction dmg is compared to the rogue and shadow priest.
    you are better off looking at some vids, than random guys on here. just go look at mythic + vids and find the once with locks in em and check it out.

link won´t work coz i don´t have enough post so copy it yourself.
    uhm that lock is destruction in that youtube...

Deleted
    yeah my bad about it being destruction not affli. pureblood. the PoV is shadow. but he has a dmg meter. Grabacr was looking for if warlocks are playable in mythic+ .
    so it shouldn´t matter what pov it´s from if he is just looking at what they can do
    Last edited by mmoc9781d7f9ae; 2016-08-22 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the video, I was eating dinner and skimming through it due to the length but I think I need to devote a full watch to it later tonight. Rogues really seem to dominate and the impression I got was that the warlock seemed to slip around from top to bottom but I need to analyze the video better. I just feel..kind of weird I guess, I know blizzard isn't a malignant company that wants any customer to be unhappy but I wonder what sort of vision or niche idea they had in mind for warlocks in Legion,

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    That's a shadow priest.....
    And the Warlock get rekt on dps meter at the very first boss.
    Trash clearing seems somewhat decent, but single target is a total trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    Which one is talking complete nonsense, Kjarl?
    Dont listen to Sarkol, he's clearly oblivious to the Warlock current state on the beta.

And the Warlock get rekt on dps meter at the very first boss.
    Trash clearing seems somewhat decent, but single target is a total trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont listen to Sarkol, he's clearly oblivious to the Warlock current state on the beta.
    No, i actually watch real people play in real dungeons, and Warlocks are not in a sad state in the slightest. Stop spreading misinformation to other players. They will do fine as a Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    No, i actually watch real people play in real dungeons, and Warlocks are not in a sad state in the slightest. Stop spreading misinformation to other players. They will do fine as a Warlock.
    Wow! "I watch real people play in real dungeons". What does it even mean ?
    I watch YouTube videos of people playing the beta and doing Mythic+ dungeons, i talk to people on Reddit and on Icy-Veins. Talk to streamers and YouTubers.
    Should i get a medal for that?

Wow! "I watch real people play in real dungeons". What does it even mean ?
    I watch YouTube videos of people playing the beta and doing Mythic+ dungeons, i talk to people on Reddit and on Icy-Veins. Talk to streamers and YouTubers.
    Should i get a medal for that?
    If you did, you'd know Warlocks are fine.