Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    So? Magi are the king of portals yet they don't use them to summon things in combat...
    Right, so because mages don't do it no one else should.

I don't see a single reason for DH to have summoning ability, other than 'I want one'..

As was said - I'd see it as an engineering thing more, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Right, so because mages don't do it no one else should.
    No...if the kings of portals don't use if for offense then why should some random class who has used portals a few times use them? If anything Mage or Warlock should get some kind of portal summon before DH.

No. Demon Hunters are not a casting nor summoning class. They infuse THEMSELVES with fel power, not use it to summon demons.

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    No. Demon Hunters are not a casting nor summoning class. They infuse THEMSELVES with fel power, not use it to summon demons.
    While I do think that demon hunters should not get a teleport or summon ability, what you said is plainly wrong. They use fel portals throughout legion, even using it to do exactly what you said they didn't. You can summon demons to fight in the class hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    While I do think that demon hunters should not get a teleport or summon ability, what you said is plainly wrong. They use fel portals throughout legion, even using it to do exactly what you said they didn't. You can summon demons to fight in the class hall.
    Demon Hunters can ACTIVATE portals, yes. But do they summon the portals or summon allies from thin air? No. There is a difference, even if you cannot comprehend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah DH already share too much with Warlocks, no point in taking more of their abilities and making them our own. And as Kay said I never saw DHs "creating" portals they just activate the set stones that only require souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Opening portals to other worlds is kind of their thing.
    It kind of isn't. It's one thing that is in one place. You don't carry it with you.

Demon Hunters can ACTIVATE portals, yes. But do they summon the portals or summon allies from thin air? No. There is a difference, even if you cannot comprehend it.
    Since you clearly have no idea how this works, allow me to explain. the portals demon hunters use are essentially just doors. One door one one end, another at the other. That's how you get to one place from another. You can use that to summon allies. You're not waving your fingers around and making your friends appear, you're creating a portal to them so they can come to you. I don't know what you don't understand about this.

Since you clearly have no idea how this works, allow me to explain. the portals demon hunters use are essentially just doors. One door one one end, another at the other. That's how you get to one place from another. You can use that to summon allies. You're not waving your fingers around and making your friends appear, you're creating a portal to them so they can come to you. I don't know what you don't understand about this.
    "You clearly have no idea how this works." Creating a portal and activating one are two different instances. "I don't know what you don't understand about this."

Creating a portal and activating one are two different instances. "You clearly have no idea how this works."
    The portals they use are created. They aren't activating existing portals that they did not make. What are you even talking about?

They're saying that the portals that the DHs create were pre-existing structures. The DH's didn't create the summoning gateways, they simply turned them on. The doors were already there. I don't know what you don't understand about this.

The portals they use are created. They aren't activating existing portals that they did not make. What are you even talking about?
    This is literally exactly what they are doing in the one instance where we have seen DHs using portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    They're saying that the portals that the DHs create were pre-existing structures. The DH's didn't create the summoning gateways, they simply turned them on. The doors were already there. I don't know what you don't understand about this.
    There are gateways and there are portals. There are many of them that were not per-existing.

/sigh /facepalm The Demon Hunters JUST arrived on Mardum, but they clearly had time to make giant portals!!!

To use your own comparison against you: opening the door with a key is like activating a portal, but actually making the door in the first place is summoning the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    I am glad someone understands basic logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The summoning gateways were already there as well as the stones that require souls to power the portal. Is my warrior a magic user because I sometimes assist in magic shit for quests/events? Hell, the karazhan library quest thing had me do some magic fuckery with Khadgar to bring down a magic barrier. My hands were glowing! Am I a mage?

There are gateways and there are portals. There are many of them that were not per-existing.
    List to me all the gateways/portals we have seen Demon Hunters using that they built themselves.
    The closest I can think of is the one Illidan uses in the Black Temple and only because we don't know for sure who built it. Given that Illidan wrested the Black Temple from a pit lord, its fair to assume that that portal to a Legion world was pre-existing as well.

/sigh /facepalm The Demon Hunters JUST arrived on Mardum, but they clearly had time to make giant portals!!!
    You realize there's more than mardum right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless it would be silly to compare Illidan to "normal" DHs like us.

You realize all the portal structures were created by the demons to get from world to world right? Illidan sent his Illidari to retrieve a KEY, the Sargerite Keystone. Why would Illidan need a KEY to reach other Legion worlds if he could just summon a portal to take him and his Illidari there in the first place?

What other times have we seen Demon Hunters using portals to travel/summon companions? When have we seen Demon Hunters using portals they themselves created?