Graphic issues, GPU toasted?

Hello

Been running wow on my laptop the last few weeks, but yesterday I started having some graphical issues, see following image:
    http://imgur.com/a/ob6Px
    So both some individual pixels, and some lines. The issues is constant, no matter where in the game I am (so also login screen).

I've tried updating graphic drivers, but doesn't help.

Specs:
    Windows 10
    CPU: Intel i5-4210M 2.6 GHz
    GPU: Intel HD graphics 4600 / NVIDIA GeForce 840M

Warcraft is using your 840m and not the intel hd?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Warcraft is using your 840m and not the intel hd?
    I've had the same thought, but not the knowledge on how to test it. Do you by chance know how to verify it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    I've had the same thought, but not the knowledge on how to test it. Do you by chance know how to verify it?
    In your NVidia control panel you change it. I would do a clean install of NVidia driver also. They give you the option when you want to install the driver.

I've tried forcing the "PhysX-configuration" set to the 840m instead of automatic, but that doesn't help sadly

You can check by running GPU-Z and seeing if there is load on the 840M when you launch wow.

Tried out GPU-Z
    There is indeed a load on my 840m, with a temp of ~50 celsius which experience tells me ain't that high, the load on my overall GPU ain't that high either hovering around 10-30% unless a "Screendriver stopped working" error pops up, in which case the load soars to 99%

I have looked up on how to do a clean install of drivers but it seems rather complicated to me, anyone recommend a guide for it?

Tried out GPU-Z
    There is indeed a load on my 840m, with a temp of ~50 celsius which experience tells me ain't that high, the load on my overall GPU ain't that high either hovering around 10-30% unless a "Screendriver stopped working" error pops up, in which case the load soars to 99%

I have looked up on how to do a clean install of drivers but it seems rather complicated to me, anyone recommend a guide for it?
    DL latest drivers from nvidia for your device and OS and uninstall display driver uninstaller from guru3d.

Unplug internet.

Uninstall your graphics card drivers, reboot. Launch display driver uninstaller and let it go to safemode when it requests to do so.
    Once it reboots to safemode select nvidia at the top and clean and restart.

PC will reboot back in to normal windows, now install the new downloaded drivers and reboot once more.

Plug your internet back in and you are done.

Sadly this did not help, and the issue persists. During my login I got another "Screendriver stopped working" followed by a "WoW.exe was blocked from using the graphic", this resolved the problem, by turning on the Intel graphic card (I guess). Anyone know if this card is good enough to run WoW on absolute lowest graphic settings? I'd rather not mess it up.

Still open for ideas or opinions regarding what could be wrong with my 840M

And thanks for all the help!
    Last edited by Lushious; 2016-08-20 at 06:14 PM.

Sadly this did not help, and the issue persists. During my login I got another "Screendriver stopped working" followed by a "WoW.exe was blocked from using the graphic", this resolved the problem, by turning on the Intel graphic card (I guess). Anyone know if this card is good enough to run WoW on absolute lowest graphic settings? I'd rather not mess it up.

Still open for ideas or opinions regarding what could be wrong with my 840M

And thanks for all the help!
    Do other games work?

The only other things you can do is start working on all your other driver/bios updates. You can probably start at the manufacturer's website. If some of the drivers there are old, try the parts manufacturer's websites too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Do other games work?
    nope, same with Heartstone and also in the Nvidia Controlcenter (has an animation for visualising optimisation)

I would try disabling all non essential programs, first off go to task manager at the top you should see a tab named "Startup" disable everything there. Second thing you'll want to do is...

Press your windows key, and type in "run".

Once you've done that type in "msconfig" and hit enter.

Then at the top you should see "Services" click that. And then at the bottom you should see a unchecked check box named "Hide all Microsoft services" check that if it is not checked. If it is already checked leave it as is.

Once you've done that press "Disable All" then press "Apply" and then "Ok" it should prompt you to restart, go ahead and do that.

That's it. Let me know if this fixes the issue.
    Last edited by Mythbredor; 2016-08-22 at 11:19 PM.