Deleted

Wow lags incredibly hard upon logging in with new SSD?

So I just got my first SSD and did a fresh install of my OS and wow on it. I booted up wow once just to check everything was peachy and it was awesome. Everything loaded perfectly and I only got a few frame drops after everything had loaded (was getting this before SSD too). Fast forward to 20 minutes later, I've imported my Interface, WTF and Cache from my backup USB so I could get all my addons and settings and now I have incredible frame drops upon first loading in and assets are loading slower than they were on my HDD. My frame rate drops to 1 for about 30 seconds on log in and I have no idea why. All my addons are up to date and I haven't changed anything other than copying the folders over that contained the addons and my settings.

Would appreciate any responses being in as lay terms as possible, as I'm not hugely savvy with tech stuff.

if it only happened after you moved in the folders it would indicate those are the issue. If you rename them so it builds new ones or move the content out; is it OK again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    if it only happened after you moved in the folders it would indicate those are the issue. If you rename them so it builds new ones or move the content out; is it OK again?
    If I rename them will they still fulfill the same purpose?

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds similar to a problem that a lot of people are having, myself included. If it is the same thing, then it is not related to your SSD at all.

Blue post on official forums: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...page=4#post-74
    MMOC thread with an actual blue post it in as well: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Stuttering-FPS

I've heard it's because the game is needing to apply hotfixes from the server once you log in and once they push the hotfixes to a client side patch, it should help with these lag spikes upon login.

if you rename the folders, the game should act like they arent there and make fresh empty ones.

Do a game repair most likely your folders wtf interface thats the issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    This sounds similar to a problem that a lot of people are having, myself included. If it is the same thing, then it is not related to your SSD at all.

Blue post on official forums: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...page=4#post-74
    MMOC thread with an actual blue post it in as well: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Stuttering-FPS
    Oh awesome so I'm not the only one. Thought it might be an issue on my end too but that describes exactly what happens to me every time I log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sintry View Post
    So I just got my first SSD and did a fresh install of my OS and wow on it. I booted up wow once just to check everything was peachy and it was awesome. Everything loaded perfectly and I only got a few frame drops after everything had loaded (was getting this before SSD too). Fast forward to 20 minutes later, I've imported my Interface, WTF and Cache from my backup USB so I could get all my addons and settings and now I have incredible frame drops upon first loading in and assets are loading slower than they were on my HDD. My frame rate drops to 1 for about 30 seconds on log in and I have no idea why. All my addons are up to date and I haven't changed anything other than copying the folders over that contained the addons and my settings.

Would appreciate any responses being in as lay terms as possible, as I'm not hugely savvy with tech stuff.

If the frame drops are only happening when you first log on to your character and then go away after about 15 seconds it is a known issue with WoW. I can't post a direct link to the support article since I just registered this account but there is an article on Wow's technical support forums called
    "Stutter/Freeze when first logging into a character" with a blue post that explains the issue.

It is happening to a bunch of people and just seems to be a bug that needs to be fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post

Thanks for the response. It's odd as it's only started happening since I installed my SSD. At least it's only been really bad since I installed my SSD.

I've been doing some poking around about this issue. First off i'd make sure all your addons are up to date I had an issue at the start of the prepatch where I had some horrible lag because of out of date addons probably irrelevant to this but just to make sure. Right, there's a known issue which already got stated that when you first login you'll get these "Stutters" for the first minute of your login then it vanishes. So far I have 2 theroys on what could be causing it.
    First off would be the new view distance, it could be that if you have it set to "10" the new max. It's not prerendering far enough. It seems to have gone away when I lowerd my view distance but I really haven't had the chance to test it enough.
    Second is pretty much my first point, out of date addons that got screwed up when prepatch launched. I really haven't done enough testing tho. But those are my theroys right now we'll see what blizzard says aswell.