Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    As for a 2nd movie, I'd love to see it. I'm pretty skeptical given how big it flopped in the US (and the Chinese numbers had some questions around them). But if it's one of those situations where it's a lot cheaper to make the 2nd one because all the infrastructure was in place and it's just a matter of filming more scenes, than maybe they can make the numbers work to make a profit.
    This is true. Maybe they'd consider the first movie to be sort of an investment and now that they have invested money to develop whatever needed developing they can make more movies with significantly less money eventually returning profit.

Or will they not even want to risk it and cut their losses now. Considering we won't even get a directors cut doesn't look all that great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by donmater View Post
    Considering we won't even get a directors cut doesn't look all that great.
    The director's cut was more a luxury rather than a necessity. Besides the fact that fans ask for one like there's no tomorrow, nowhere was guaranteed the presence an extended edition, even less a director's cut. It will need to generate a profit far greater than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The director's cut was more a luxury rather than a necessity. Besides the fact that fans ask for one like there's no tomorrow, nowhere was guaranteed the presence an extended edition, even less a director's cut. It will need to generate a profit far greater than that.
    Good point, there is lot more money to be made out of completely new movie anyway (sequel). DVDs and Blu-rays aren't big enough market to justify the extra money I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have seen this in the movie facebook group:

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by donmater View Post
    Good point, there is lot more money to be made out of completely new movie anyway (sequel). DVDs and Blu-rays aren't big enough market to justify the extra money I guess.
    You know when the chances of getting a director's cut will raise? If the sequel turns out as a far greater success and the first movie manages to step into the cult field. It would almost guarantee a people's interest in a director's cut/extended edition of the original Warcraft.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Lol. Just 18 minutes of extras, including gags (because Warcraft is a sooo funny movie, right?). That apparently counts as "lots" for Jones. What a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Lol. Just 18 minutes of extras, including gags (because Warcraft is a sooo funny movie, right?). That apparently counts as "lots" for Jones. What a clown.
    18 minutes for normal movie lenght is not bad in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    18 minutes for normal movie lenght is not bad in my opinion.
    It's about half of what was cut. That's a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's about half of what was cut. That's a lot.
    Well, even if that is 18 PAL minutes (18:40 real time), that is just 12 scenes, many of which are just scenery, some are already in, and there are bloopers. It is not a half of extra 40 minutes by far. Even Stormwind entrance scene, hinted in credits, and Lothar & co. going to Elwynn, shown in trailers, are not in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Well, you have one trait in common with him at least. Ain't great?

18 minutes is definitely a lot considering how the upcoming version does not have an extended edition or director's cut. It's almost half of the whole cut content.

But a clown needs to entertain to maintain his job. Color me entertained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where does the 18 Minute Info come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Where does the 18 Minute Info come from?
    From a Polish preorder site. 18 PAL minutes for DVD, 126 (have no idea which) minutes for BD.

Considering that Percy Jackson got a sequel eventhough it domestically didn't make back the money budget, the probability of Warcraft getting a sequel is very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Considering that Percy Jackson got a sequel eventhough it domestically didn't make back the money budget, the probability of Warcraft getting a sequel is very likely.
    If it's not announced this Blizzcon, I won't be so sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    If it's not announced this Blizzcon, I won't be so sure.
    I believe that would be a bit early. It's likely that they'll wait how the Blueray/DvD/Stream sales are turning out first.

I believe that would be a bit early. It's likely that they'll wait how the Blueray/DvD/Stream sales are turning out first.
    Also Duncan has another movie to work on.

Don't think anyone expected this movie to get anywhere near 700.
    Before the movie came out people were on here loudly and repeatedly predicting a $1 billion box office haul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Before the movie came out people were on here loudly and repeatedly predicting a $1 billion box office haul.
    Let's say that a few delusional ones expected that. Surely not the majority of the people posting here.

I mean, hope is free and you can always hope for the better, but consider that a barely realistic expectation is something that I struggle to remember to have ever read here. I vaguely remember one who came out with some "theory" about the chances of breaking 1 billion but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    though it domestically didn't make back the money budget
    There is a difference between "not making" and "making 29% of it". No one is going to risk another movie for a franchise with will be most likely dead in 5 years when it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Nobody in their right mind predicted that.

It was rather over or under 500 or 600 Million.