I can't decide between two classes...

My guilds killing me over it

I have tanked on my protection paladin(after switching from holy) And am now deciding between remaining protection or switching to Guardian druid.

Currently I find druid more fun to tank as but maybe Legion changes it up a bit? It's very hard to switch from a class i've played for 9 years.

Any advice?

Cant tell you what to main but currently one of the best tank setups for progression is prot pally and Gdruid as well as prot pally and Bdk.

Right now, prot seems to be the best tank for progression. Good survivability, decent self healing (which other tanks lack}, decent utility. Its really up to you to decide, both Guardian Druid and prot paladin are good choices. Id go with prot for progression, but it really is up to you. Both tanks are good.

If prot pally is the class youve mained for 9 years, Id stick with that. Its a really good tank in Legion. I will say that they are a bit lower in terms of fun factor, but the only tank I really find fun is Veng DH but they are in a weird spot right now. Either way, it really is up to you.

Deleted
    Druid>Paladin Its IMO the worst class in this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Starh View Post
    Druid>Paladin Its IMO the worst class in this expansion
    Factually, its not. Not even close. Subjectively, sure.

some people like preach's videos on youtube, it may help you decide. you can just skip ahead to see what he says about pally/druid, or you can watch it all if you'd like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd0f...l=PreachGaming

my suggestion is guardian though. it looks like it's a bit more fun, a bit stronger, and druids just have more options if you feel like taking a break from tanking outside of raiding

Quote Originally Posted by cashzilla View Post
    some people like preach's videos on youtube, it may help you decide. you can just skip ahead to see what he says about pally/druid, or you can watch it all if you'd like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd0f...l=PreachGaming

my suggestion is guardian though. it looks like it's a bit more fun, a bit stronger, and druids just have more options if you feel like taking a break from tanking outside of raiding
    That video is really old though. It also has a decent amount of bias, but even disregarding that the video is old and just recently prot paladins got really good buffs.

Either way, both tanks are good. Go with what you want to. Both are in a good spot and both will be taken to raids, prot is just a better progression tank overall since it can recover from mistakes better than any of the other tanks aside from maybe Bdk, but the damage mitigation, self heals and utility are just overall really good.

Both tanks are good as Ive said quite a lot already, so go with what you want to. You wont make a mistake choosing either of the two youre looking at, so whatever you pick is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    That video is really old though. It also has a decent amount of bias, but even disregarding that the video is old and just recently prot paladins got really good buffs.

Either way, both tanks are good. Go with what you want to. Both are in a good spot and both will be taken to raids, prot is just a better progression tank overall since it can recover from mistakes better than any of the other tanks aside from maybe Bdk, but the damage mitigation, self heals and utility are just overall really good.

Both tanks are good as Ive said quite a lot already, so go with what you want to. You wont make a mistake choosing either of the two youre looking at, so whatever you pick is fine.
    you're absolutely right, they are both great tanks that will be able to get the job done. the only reason i suggest preach is because he gives his opinions based on if he were to main that spec for a whole xpac. he goes into play style, how enjoyable the class is, how versatile the talent are, etc. these things matter just as much to a lot of people.

but like Taeldorian was saying, you wont regret picking one over the other in terms of performance

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow "help me pick" threads here, sorry.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)