Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Creating variations of the same character has been a comic paradigm since before the majority of you were born (always a chance we have 90 year olds on the forums).

Didn't seem to matter much when Toy Biz pushed for more variations so they could have more templates for action figures, hardly see why this matters much now.

Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    Again, "SJW pandering" in 60s Fantastic Four:

http://i.imgur.com/FyefoBR.png
    http://i.imgur.com/ZT1fVSc.png

They straight up look at the camera and accuse the audience of not respecting women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Again, "SJW pandering" in 60s Fantastic Four:

http://i.imgur.com/FyefoBR.png
    http://i.imgur.com/ZT1fVSc.png

They straight up look at the camera and accuse the audience of not respecting women.
    Holy shit I know comics are cheesy but those lines are just cringeworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    Holy shit I know comics are cheesy but those lines are just cringeworthy
    Man if you think original FF was cheesy, you should read original Thor :P

P.S. If you ever want your mind completely blown, read original Golden Age Superman and Batman from the 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by Woadnson View Post
    Creating variations of the same character has been a comic paradigm since before the majority of you were born (always a chance we have 90 year olds on the forums).

Didn't seem to matter much when Toy Biz pushed for more variations so they could have more templates for action figures, hardly see why this matters much now.
    This has been stated since page 1, but these kids are trying to push their agenda that diversity is bad. Or comics are just now doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Woadnson View Post
    If people were born after the 90s...sure.
    But the best comic-book stories were done in the 70s and 80s.

And original characters were created...not silly variations. As if the characters' personae weren't independent enough to create the own superhero names and costumes/uniform.

well maybe they learned something from the war machine story line, although I think they should have made her suit a different color\pattern (creativity seems to be a fleeting skill in comics), looks like they are not just throwing the Iron Man name on her.
    http://www.wired.com/2016/08/marvel-...mbid=social_fb
    Exclusive: Marvel’s New Iron Man Will Be Known As…Ironheart!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

And original characters were created...not silly variations. As if the characters' personae weren't independent enough to create the own superhero names and costumes/uniform.
    The best? That's subjective. Personally I find Claremont a pretty boring and stilted writer.

As for silly variations, you evidently haven't read enough...

"The Invincible Iron Man, featuring Iron Heart".

By all means, have an "Iron Heart" comic. It'll go 12 issues, be talked about on BET or something, and nobody will buy it, but make the attempt. But if I want to read about the ongoing adventures of Tony Stark, where do I go? Back issues. Because now Iron Man is about a character I'll never care about it compared to Tony Stark.

Wolverine fans have lived this for a couple of years now. Why exactly is he still dead? Why did he die to begin with? The story sucked. "Wolverine and the X-Men" was the best thing X-Men had going at the time. If I want to read about the ongoing adventures of Wolverine, where do I go? X-23's All-New Wolverine? I don't care about her. Old Man Logan? Alternate Universe Wolverine is a fine book but not the character that I grew up with. That's been the pattern for these diversity-driven replacements.

I think that is what is most condescending and deeply cynical about Marvel's diversity push. They knock off the "classic" character somehow, in some varied way to have a successor be the sole mantle holder for a period, because they know if they were to launch (for example) a parallel "Sam Wilson, Captain America" comic along side 'Captain America' (Steve Rogers), at the same time, the new character would quickly fade unless the classic character went some weird route(see: Hydra). It removed the element of choice. It's Marvel saying "readership, we don't trust you to choose diversity over the characters you're endeared to, so we're making the decision for you".

Sometimes it makes more sense, like a female Robin in the 'Dark Knight Returns'.

However, as others have stated re-using characters in general is more a sign of lack of imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I agree him being Captain America made perfect sense but then they made the comic only about race.
    I agree with this. It's one thing to change things up, but then to basically make it about race or in the case of FemThor, all about women's right and girl power. It's what makes it all feel so forced and unpopular. I'm not saying that said new/same heroes be exactly like SteveRogers or Thor Odinson, they can keep their personalities, but the storylines need to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Wolverine fans have lived this for a couple of years now. Why exactly is he still dead? Why did he die to begin with?
    He's dead because of Fox and Disney's ongoing pissing match. X23 is the most logical successor since she's an almost clone and has a similar moral internal struggle. Old Man Logan is around because is a just a little too cowardly about killing off their second most popular character and leaving him dead. OML side steps that problem until Fox and Disney can come to some form of agreement.

On the other hand, ANWolvie and OML are both outselling the previous Wolverine title (W&XM too). So at least I'm reaping a financial benefit from Marvel's gutlessness.

PS Careful with the praise for Wolverine and the X-men. Its written by the same "SJW" "Cuck" that brought you Thorgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    well maybe they learned something from the war machine story line, although I think they should have made her suit a different color\pattern (creativity seems to be a fleeting skill in comics), looks like they are not just throwing the Iron Man name on her.
    http://www.wired.com/2016/08/marvel-...mbid=social_fb
    So, why is the title still Invincible Ironman and not Invincible Ironheart? Putting my money on "Too scared to let it swim without that life preserver".

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    He's dead because of Fox and Disney's ongoing pissing match. X23 is the most logical successor since she's an almost clone and has a similar moral internal struggle. Old Man Logan is around because is a just a little too cowardly about killing off their second most popular character and leaving him dead. OML side steps that problem until Fox and Disney can come to some form of agreement.

On the other hand, ANWolvie and OML are both outselling the previous Wolverine title (W&XM too). So at least I'm reaping a financial benefit from Marvel's gutlessness.

PS Careful with the praise for Wolverine and the X-men. Its written by the same "SJW" "Cuck" that brought you Thorgirl.
    Are you sure about that? Thor-Girl was created in 2000 by Dan Jurgens and John Romita Jr, neither of which are working on Wolverine and the X-Men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So, why is the title still Invincible Ironman and not Invincible Ironheart? Putting my money on "Too scared to let it swim without that life preserver".
    Also likely because Stark is still (from what I recall) very much in the picture, he's just not the guy in the armor. And there's no real attempt to hide that, so they don't have to pretend it's still Stark in there.

I don't mind stuff like that too much, I just rarely buy it. I prefer new diverse characters. Making a popular established character a different color/gender or whatever is a temporary solution. In the end of the day, if they make Superman black, he will be know as the Black Superman...not Superman. So, white male will still continue being the default hero.
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Those 70s characters were mostly from the 60s or 40s.

And a lot of them were new characters using old names, like Jay Garrick being replaced by Barry Allen for the Flash, and Alan Scott being replaced by Hal Jordan as Green Lantern. There have been several other Flashes and Green Lanterns since.

None of this is new.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Because welcome to comic books.