Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I thought they said something that sets it for a pretty early January release. Sounding of their statement was so imho.

- - - Updated - - -

They're trying this since 2009. It never worked and it will never work.

- - - Updated - - -

Between raid tiers, yes. EN & NH are the same tier. The difference is, EN is not really part of the tier as it drops no tier sets.
    So you feel that EN won't be enough for those 4 months? Well of course there is the mini raid too. So we'll have EN 3 weeks after launch. Like what, 2 months after that we'll get Kara and the mini raid, then like two more months or so we'll get NH. This sounds like a solid enough release schedule to me /shrug. Some amount of patience is required. Otherwise we'll consume faster than they can build.

My guesstimates on release dates:
    Emerald Nightmare release - September 27th
    Return to Karazhan patch - Novemeber 1st
    The Nighthold release - January 19th

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    So you feel that EN won't be enough for those 4 months? Well of course there is the mini raid too. So we'll have EN 3 weeks after launch. Like what, 2 months after that we'll get Kara and the mini raid, then like two more months or so we'll get NH. This sounds like a solid enough release schedule to me /shrug. Some amount of patience is required. Otherwise we'll consume faster than they can build.
    Yes, that's what I meant. 4 months of EN and another 4 months of Nighthold doesn't make that much sense imho. I'd rather have something like:

EN: end of September - end of November
    Mini-Raid: end of November - mid December
    Nighthold: mid December - March
    7.2 Raid: mid / end of March

But that's just my opinion. Others may see it differently and that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yes, that's what I meant. 4 months of EN and another 4 months of Nighthold doesn't make that much sense imho. I'd rather have something like:

EN: end of September - end of November
    Mini-Raid: end of November - mid December
    Nighthold: mid December - March
    7.2 Raid: mid / end of March

But that's just my opinion. Others may see it differently and that's fine.
    I think you are already pretty close yeah? If they stick to this idea that raid tiers should be happening every 6 months or so then we should see 7.2, the second tier of content around End of march beginning of April

I think you are already pretty close yeah? If they stick to this idea that raid tiers should be happening every 6 months or so then we should see 7.2, the second tier of content around End of march beginning of April
    Right. I hope they'll stick with it for Tier19. The only difference is the opening of Nighthold which I would prefer to see 4-6 weeks sooner than Blizzard seems to launch it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well duh you will - they even told you which one will come in 7.2 if you have 2 brain cells and can read betwen lines - nighthold

7.0 onfirmend EN -> 7.1 confirmed in dev interview Stormheim raid > then only logical conclusion would be 7.2 has to be Nighthold
    7.0 Nightmare and Nighthold come with launch (however Nighthold won't be open).
    7.1 Karazhan Patch, small stormheim raid and shortly after in early 2017 Nighthold will go open).
    7.2 NEW TIER (on live somewhere between April 2017 and July 2017).
    7.3 Dungeon/Story patch
    7.4 NEW TIER (on live somewhere around December 2017 and March 2018)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes they mentioned 6 month tiers, but in the case of Nightmare and Nighthold you can expect them to go a bit over that, my prediction is EN will last around 3.5 months and Nighthold likely around the same or even 4 months. So don't expect the next tier to be out until April-May.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    7.0 Nightmare and Nighthold come with launch (however Nighthold won't be open).
    7.1 Karazhan Patch, small stormheim raid and shortly after in early 2017 Nighthold will go open).
    7.2 NEW TIER (on live somewhere between April 2017 and July 2017).
    7.3 Dungeon/Story patch
    7.4 NEW TIER (on live somewhere around December 2017 and March 2018)
    Nope, that makes too much sense. Clearly you have too many brain cells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    My guesstimates on release dates:
    Emerald Nightmare release - September 27th
    Return to Karazhan patch - Novemeber 1st
    The Nighthold release - January 19th
    Serious? Wont see Kara just over a month after Emerald has opened..

I only care because it delays getting tier, best part of gearing up for me is tier gear and unique/interesting trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondwhite View Post
    Serious? Wont see Kara just over a month after Emerald has opened..
    Let me highlight something for you...

"My guesstimates on release dates"

Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    I only care because it delays getting tier, best part of gearing up for me is tier gear and unique/interesting trinkets.
    you will be quite dispointed i fear - this time around they plan to make trinekts boring and tier not so powerful -_-

you will be quite dispointed i fear - this time around they plan to make trinekts boring and tier not so powerful -_-
    BUUUUUT, we have legendaries. Though they will be a pain in the [CENSORED] to get.

What are you talking about? Even many of the dungeon trinkets have unique and often transformative effects similar to Soul Cap.

Meh i'm okay with current DH tier bonuses, not amazing but can't say 20% more resource generation is bad, nor is 10% crit on our core ST ability.

Trinkets seem okay, not as many flat stat increases combined with chance on hit procs to give x stats as normal which is a good start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    Im sorry to say this but gear has been very uinteresting for a few expansions now... stupidly high numbers, non existent char optimzation, no hit/expertise, no ARP. Most of the time you just grab the gear with your best stat on it and thats it, the theorycrafting is on a all time low.. RIP vanilla/tbc, we miss you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    While I am dissapointed that they are delaying nighthold and putting this Stormheim raid in between, I will save my thoughts until I see the Stormheim raid and if it will be enough to hold my guild over.
    Sorry, but if your guild is only being held together on the premise of one specific raid then it is in more trouble than you realise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elajtenzors View Post
    Im sorry to say this but gear has been very uinteresting for a few expansions now... stupidly high numbers, non existent char optimzation, no hit/expertise, no ARP. Most of the time you just grab the gear with your best stat on it and thats it, the theorycrafting is on a all time low.. RIP vanilla/tbc, we miss you.
    The hfc tier sets were very cool IMO

I mained MM, and their tier completely changed how the spec feels

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    What are you talking about? Even many of the dungeon trinkets have unique and often transformative effects similar to Soul Cap.
    A lot of the trinkets are random flat damage procs, like "when you deal damage there is a chance a 'something' will come and deal a bit more damage". You can't play around that. You can't optimize your play to get more use out of the trinket, its just a random flat damage proc. In contrast, when you get a random stat proc, you can play around that. The better you play during the stat procs by trying to get as much damage out as possible during a proc, the higher your damage will generally be overall. So yeah I would say in that sense a lot of the trinkets are boring and lower the skill cap, the same with the new RNG dps pots. Making the DPS potions RNG seems like its clearly aimed at reducing the performance gap between better and worse players.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it comes out in early 2017 (ie January) I see no problem.

That'll give guilds a bit more time to finish up and catch up on alts etc.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Moyga View Post
    A lot of the trinkets are random flat damage procs, like "when you deal damage there is a chance a 'something' will come and deal a bit more damage". You can't play around that. You can't optimize your play to get more use out of the trinket, its just a random flat damage proc. In contrast, when you get a random stat proc, you can play around that. The better you play during the stat procs by trying to get as much damage out as possible during a proc, the higher your damage will generally be overall. So yeah I would say in that sense a lot of the trinkets are boring and lower the skill cap, the same with the new RNG dps pots. Making the DPS potions RNG seems like its clearly aimed at reducing the performance gap between better and worse players.
    There are plenty with random stat procs. The trinkets range from damage procs, to stat procs, to static bonuses to unique mechanics... you choose your flavor of trinket and that likely changes depending on fight mechanics. Its a pretty good variety.

As far as the DPS pots are concerned, I have no idea (I couldnt care less, frankly). It could just as easily be a case where they wanted the effect of potions to have more visual flair or to balance them a bit better across specs.