10+ Year Old Account

Is vengeance meant to be a better dps spec then havoc?

with the choice of either dps or tanking, since I rarely tank, I went with havoc. I took the number of times I died against legion elites as just being because demon hunters don't have a large array of abilities yet. however, when I decided to run some old content, I found out just how weak havoc really felt, I struggled to keep him alive against even 25man cata bosses.

Then, I tried vengeance, and not only is the dps output the same as havoc, but the survival abilities of the spec makes it a complete go to spec, even when I'm not tanking.

Is this something blizzard intends to fix? Will havoc get more survival based spells, because right now when my fury warrior can self heal better then a havoc DH, it tells me somethings very wrong with this class.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    with the choice of either dps or tanking, since I rarely tank, I went with havoc. I took the number of times I died against legion elites as just being because demon hunters don't have a large array of abilities yet. however, when I decided to run some old content, I found out just how weak havoc really felt, I struggled to keep him alive against even 25man cata bosses.

Then, I tried vengeance, and not only is the dps output the same as havoc, but the survival abilities of the spec makes it a complete go to spec, even when I'm not tanking.

Is this something blizzard intends to fix? Will havoc get more survival based spells, because right now when my fury warrior can self heal better then a havoc DH, it tells me somethings very wrong with this class.
    You missed their original post. Havoc DPS / Vengeance DPS aren't properly tuned at 100. Once you hit 110 things will be different. In order for the specs to level up appropriately stat wise it was better to do it while leveling. Otherwise you go from weak to super strong from 98-100 and then feel dull while hitting 110.

Just because it works now, doesn't mean it will at 110. Why is this new information? It's the same every expansion that pre-patch dps is off until level cap.

Havoc has more survivability at 110 most noticeably via demonic soul rending combo (or soul rending in general for short things like old raid bosses), but generally it's overall mitigation is low and has a sleek toolkit for working in raids. It's personal defensives/mobility shine there @110 for helping contribute to raid mechanics, rather than used as a safety net.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Riiiight, I see, well that makes sense I suppose since it would be like leveling a regular class that doesn't learn for survival stats and spells until later on as they level.

Also. If you're out dpsing havoc In vengeance spec I suspect you might be playing havoc wrong. In cats 25 raids my DPS in havoc is WAY higher

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk