Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have some friends who don't want to commit to a raiding group and its a small group. Something like this would be perfect. I'd like black rock depths sort of style. Many different ways, higher ilvl the further you go. This is good from what little we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It's Mythic only. There will be no dungeon finder.
    You didn't read the post I was quoting... The other person was saying that Dungeon Finder was unlikely because it would be too long. I was simply saying that if they wanted to do a Dungeon Finder version, they would probably split it in different wings. Hence the "would" rather than "will"...

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    So you resubbed because they did the same thing they did in Cata? I mean we already have seen this done once with 2 raids. ZA/ZG ring a bell? This is nothing innovative or new. This is basically like having demon hunters and Illidan: cash grab from people like you who are tricked by it.
    And I enjoyed the beginning of Cata for it. So what? Nostalgia is a very strong tool. I do not regret getting Cata for the re-vamped experience.

Tricked? get off that high horse of yours. I chose to come back for Kara. You are free to choose differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

What was wrong with discussing Kara mythic in one of the other threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    im just happy that between that and mythic+ dungeons are going to be relevant during the course of the expansion.

I hope it will be incredibly successful.

And I'm sure it will be if the dungeon itself is well-designed. Blizzard should have transitioned to "5 man raids" a long time ago, maybe with one single big raid each expansion.

Taking BC as an example:

5 man Kara
    5 man Magtheridon
    5 man Gruul
    5 man The Eye
    5 man Serpentshrine

Mythic 20 man Black Temple
    Mythic 20 man Sunwell

I guess we can't expect this much dungeon content any longer, so subtract Sunwell from the example, but yeah.

Deleted
    No it's clear the opposite since they flat out said that M+ is not supposed to give much great gear. They flat out said basically that raiding in raids is still and will be their intended progression.

- - - Updated - - -

You no longer need to commit to a raid schedule. I cleared heroic BRF without a raid schedule. Many others have. I've been lazy with HFC, but I can easily do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

So you resubbed because they did the same thing they did in Cata? I mean we already have seen this done once with 2 raids. ZA/ZG ring a bell? This is nothing innovative or new. This is basically like having demon hunters and Illidan: cash grab from people like you who are tricked by it.
    you know what?

whatever you say will never flater my enjoyment of it.

I am happy about it, nicely hyped...

You can have your grumpy sad view point, you are even free to share...

Just know that I not gonna be less happy or pull down by your negativity.

And last I'm positively certain that it's nothing like za/zg...

First because it's not an upgrade or a rescale, and if you lisen to the last 2 streams...

they clearly said it will be a brand new experience. new mecanisms, certainly new boss... (being legion theme and a RETURN)...

and to quote them a "mythic dungeon akin to 5man raid". THEY compare it to a raid.

Not you, not me... THEM.. The DEVs..

(you know the Actual people that "DEVELOPE" this game... The same people that create those raid you play and talk about)

I kinda trust them more than you, when it's about describing or qualifying this type of content.

they never said this about za/zg . Those where heroic dungeon, full stop.

Not "Mega dungeon akin 5man raid". more over if you pay attention to the last stream he explain in detail what is the difference betwen dungeon and raid (regarding mecanics and how they create them or why...) just after speaking about karazzan...

Link the dot. and you will have a pretty good idea of what is "Return to karazan..."

an hybrid probably. something "NEW" in any case...

That will probably end up being industry standard. (as usual with blizzard)

so I'm thing i's kinda lame to juge someone by how they spend 'THERE' money or chose to resub for whatever 'THERE' reason...

eck I resub because of the spider mount... guess what... I'm happy ! even if right now I have 50k gold and no clue how to make 2 mil...

and whatever you say will not stop me from giving them my sub, or stopping me playing and enjoying myself...

sure your free to say anything, and I'm free to not give a ...
    Last edited by mmoc67b1fc9c4d; 2016-08-22 at 09:08 PM. Reason: correction spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    With the time commitment for Kara you wouldn't want this to be using the dungeon finder. People would be dropping out left and right for various reasons which will make the experience much worse.
    And if it was in Dungeon finder those dropping out would be replaced by those jumping in....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    I wouldn't expect raiding as a whole to switch to this method, but it gives small groups of friends who don't have time to commit to a full on raid a chance to get a raid environment going.
    So they don't have time to commit to a normal raid but they have time to commit to a 5m raid? They have time or they don't?

The commitment argument is the new whining motto?

Quote Originally Posted by sigiel View Post
    you know what?

whatever you say will never flater my enjoyment of it.

I am happy about it, nicely hyped...

You can have your grumpy sad view point, you are even free to share...

Just know that I not gonna be less happy or pull down by your negativity.

And last I'm positively certain that it's nothing like za/zg...

First because it's not an upgrade or a rescale, and if you lisen to the last 2 streams...

they clearly said it will be a brand new experience. new mecanisms, certainly new boss... (being legion theme and a RETURN)...

and to quote them a "mythic dungeon akin to 5man raid". THEY compare it to a raid.

Not you, not me... THEM.. The DEVs..

(you know the Actual people that "DEVELOPE" this game... The same people that create those raid you play and talk about)

I kinda trust them more than you, when it's about describing or qualifying this type of content.

they never said this about za/zg . Those where heroic dungeon, full stop.

Not "Mega dungeon akin 5man raid". more over if you pay attention to the last stream he explain in detail what is the difference betwen dungeon and raid (regarding mecanics and how they create them or why...) just after speaking about karazzan...

Link the dot. and you will have a pretty good idea of what is "Return to karazan..."

an hybrid probably. something "NEW" in any case...

That will probably end up being industry standard. (as usual with blizzard)

so I'm thing i's kinda lame to juge someone by how they spend 'THERE' money or chose to resub for whatever 'THERE' reason...

eck I resub because of the spider mount... guess what... I'm happy ! even if right now I have 50k gold and no clue how to make 2 mil...

and whatever you say will not stop me from giving them my sub, or stopping me playing and enjoying myself...

sure your free to say anything, and I'm free to not give a ...
    First of all your misdirected little hateful rant can go elsewhere because it is really just that. "Wah muh feelins"

Secondly nowhere was I "grumpy" but rather objectively factual to these whiney baddies trying to get "5 man raiding" and seeing this as some messianic sign from above when it is not. It will be fun to play. It will not be "5 man raiding". They only said that term because it was long. Get over it. Dungeons are not their end game goal. They also just flat out said that. So please go back to bed if you want to rant like a child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    So they don't have time to commit to a normal raid but they have time to commit to a 5m raid? They have time or they don't?

Commitment has been the argument of bad players for ages, but ever since LFG tool came out for raids, there is no argument about time commitment yet they keep saying it like a mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    BRD was also originally a 10m

- - - Updated - - -

When and where did I ever say or imply it will replace the current raiding model?
    And taurens were rogues!

10+ Year Old Account
    Commitment has been the argument of bad players for ages, but ever since LFG tool came out for raids, there is no argument about time commitment yet they keep saying it like a mantra.
    The fact is that most decent players had raids on farm and quietly logged on for 1-2 nights a week (this is what my guild does: Heroic HFC farm one night, alt raid the other). The so called "casual" crowd plays so much more than the "hardcore" playerbase.

They will look for any excuse to explain why they can't clear raids without admitting they are just plain bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

The subtext is that they are so antisocial in this MMO that they only have 4 other friends or even acquaintances.

If Blizzard does head down this path, which they won't, they will start crying for single player raids. The moment they introduced 5 man Mythic+, there were threads galore complaining that they couldn't have raid tier without actually raiding.

The people who are calling for less social interaction in WoW are literally cancer to the game, and hopefully Blizzard realises this.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    I think the idea of 5 man raiding is a bit silly. If they are gonna do that, might aswell bring back 10man raiding.

Tbh 10 man has always been my favorite raiding experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly I like the 5 man mega dungeon. I do miss the old days when you had some of the bigger dungeons. The scale of them was exciting. Chances are we won't see 5 man "raiding" in the traditional sense. But every now and then I would love to see more of these big dungeons.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    You pretty much call everything raiding at this point...

Yeah, I was out in High Mountain solo raiding.

Uh, don't you mean questing?

Wow, ELITIST SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE! Only people in multiple groups are raiding now?!?

LOL! Day made, thank you

On topic, Kara revamped as a 5 man dungeon, I am excited. Even if I only do it once I am sure I will enjoy the nostalgia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally I think they are testing the waters for 5man raiding...

Lets see how it plays out.
    I don't see how they can do that. Maybe 6-7 player raiding, but 5 is not enough players. The mechanics would be pretty much like in dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I don't see how they can do that. Maybe 6-7 player raiding, but 5 is not enough players. The mechanics would be pretty much like in dungeons.
    Raiding is multiple groups on a lockout timer or respawn duration. If it's not multi-group it's not raiding. You're just running a dungeon...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are getting too hung up on the word raid. Cata's dungeons proved that they can create 5 man content with meaningful raid-like mechanics. I'd like to see mega dungeons give a dose of that along with some other slower paced mechanics like LOS pulls, CC, etc. Give it some rotating weekly quests, optional bosses, chests etc. Give people a reason to run it every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I think people are getting too hung up on the word raid. Cata's dungeons proved that they can create 5 man content with meaningful raid-like mechanics. I'd like to see mega dungeons give a dose of that along with some other slower paced mechanics like LOS pulls, CC, etc. Give it some rotating weekly quests, optional bosses, chests etc. Give people a reason to run it every week.
    Why not just call it what it is though? It's a Mythic Dungeon it's not a raid. Gotta nip this in the bud before it becomes the standard vernacular.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    First of all your misdirected little hateful rant can go elsewhere because it is really just that. "Wah muh feelins"

Secondly nowhere was I "grumpy" but rather objectively factual to these whiney baddies trying to get "5 man raiding" and seeing this as some messianic sign from above when it is not. It will be fun to play. It will not be "5 man raiding". They only said that term because it was long. Get over it. Dungeons are not their end game goal. They also just flat out said that. So please go back to bed if you want to rant like a child.
    yap guess now we know more .

what did you say again?