Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Enjoy it while you can!. After President Trump gets in office and appoints an Attorney General who will actually enforce federal laws (specifically immigration and drug laws) (marijuana is a schedule I drug) your ass will be in jail. States do not have the right to pass laws that contradict federal laws.
    Trump has stated that he sides with states in this regard. Know your candidate. Although, who knows exactly what he really wants to do.

“In terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state. … Marijuana is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don’t we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states.” Washington Post, October 29, 2015

Seriously though, if you are gonna push a guy like you are you may want to read up on him.

Not even gonna quote the line about legalizing all drugs.
    Last edited by Roose; 2016-08-22 at 10:51 PM.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Trump has stated that he sides with states in this regard. Know your candidate.
    Like most Trump supporters, they have no idea what he stands for, they just know the name "Trump" and are racist, so they give him their vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    This is stupid... can you really get fired for smoking weed ? I could understand something else but... weed ? As long as you don't smoke it during your work, what's the harm ?

smh
    wtf? in which world do you life? have u ever worked?
    people that drive their firm vehicle / lorry stoned and drive someone over, people that handle a welding machine stoned and lit the whole factory up, people that ruin a workpiece worth several 100 k euros because stoned... thats the problem. its tha same as beeing drunk. its an IMMEDIATE no parole never cu again no pay , or so that guys like u understand it

yolo gg no re.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    people that drive their firm vehicle / lorry stoned and drive someone over, people that handle a welding machine stoned and lit the whole factory up, people that ruin a workpiece worth several 100 k euros because stoned... thats the problem. its tha same as beeing drunk. its an IMMEDIATE no parole never cu again no pay , or so that guys like u understand it

yolo gg no re.
    Same as being drunk? Lol. I bet everything in the world that those people were idiots to begin with, them being high was just a coincidence. And for a guy that's so against pot, you had no problem posting this comment while drunk. Or maybe you never graduated high school....I can't tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    They're saying that just because it's "natural" or whatever doesn't make it not a drug. Alcohol and cigarettes are also drugs... this fact doesn't change what cannabis is, a drug. You should be arguing that it's classified in the same category as heroin which is completely fucked up.
    Yeah. Most drugs are "natural" including cocaine, and most prescription drugs.

Did he pass? Can't read all 14 pages atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Kind of a big deal in the states what with our ridiculous incarceration rates and such.. reclassifying it would be a huge change for this country. Should be high on the list imo
    Yeah and making sexual assault legal would make a lot of room in our jails. Just ignoring a problem doesnt solve it

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Did he pass? Can't read all 14 pages atm
    Expecting a call Wednesday or Thursday if all goes well. Will update then.

Deleted
    For all people in this thread that argue using drugs affects your work. It's true, it does.

So does you drinking in the weekend, your smoking, your late night fuck, your marriage problems, you kids. Your life effects your job and generally in a negative way.

As long as you don't underperform at work it doesn't matter whether it's your kid having a nightmare at 3am or your joint that makes you perform slightly less optimal.

If companies are allowed to screen you for drugs that you do in your personal time and life where is the line? Do all you reckon companies should be allowed to access your social media to check what kind of lifestyle you have? What in your opinion are companies allowed to check on and are they allowed to terminate contracts because of that?

In the 15 years that i've been employed the most common cause for underperformance at work is relationship problems at home and i've seen several people getting fired over this. I've had 1 case where someone got fired because of drugs. This was more due to the lifestyle which involved excessive partying on weekdays which resulted in a large amount of sick days.

I have two friends one being a post doc doing research on AIDS and the other is a anaesthesiologist, both do a large amount of drugs on a frequent basis, both highly successful at their jobs and life.

Maybe other people have other experiences but from my personal experience and the experiences of the people around me drugs in you own time are not a problem for your job. It therefore baffles me that companies would spend large sums of money trying to filter out people that use drugs.

Yeah and making sexual assault legal would make a lot of room in our jails. Just ignoring a problem doesnt solve it
    Um, pretty sure sexual assault is on a different spectrum than smoking a joint after work. The more you comment, the more you sound like the stupid Trump supporter you are.

give them a hair follicle and tell them to test that instead.

Deleted
    Also lay-off the straight-edge folks. Half of us aren't that bad. There's some weird fucked up vocal minorities i'll give you that. Mainly I don't like being generalised. And stop feeding Orlong, he's getting fat.
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-08-22 at 11:44 PM.

Okay as somebody from Holland I should know right: Saliva tests max 14 hours, Urine tests max 1 month.
    And if any potential employer here in Holland wants to perform a drug test on you they are shit out of luck as it is illegal as fuck, unless you want to be a cop, or go into the military.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post

yolo gg no re.
    you can't read apparently.

"as long as you don't smoke it during your work" this would imply you won't decide to get stoned 5 minutes before your work starts.

smh

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic Orlong comparing sexual assault and cannabis smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Okay as somebody from Holland I should know right: Saliva tests max 14 hours, Urine tests max 1 month.
    And if any potential employer here in Holland wants to perform a drug test on you they are shit out of luck as it is illegal as fuck, unless you want to be a cop, or go into the military.
    14 hours maybe for the on-site saliva tests. Mine got sent to a lab so I'm hearing anything from 12-72, depending on the situation. That's why I'm a little skeptical only having waited 36. I only smoked a gram in a week+ time so that's a pretty minuscule amount, so i'm hoping that cleared up by at least the 24 hour mark.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyBravo View Post
    14 hours maybe for the on-site saliva tests. Mine got sent to a lab so I'm hearing anything from 12-72, depending on the situation. That's why I'm a little skeptical only having waited 36. I only smoked a gram in a week+ time so that's a pretty minuscule amount, so i'm hoping that cleared up by at least the 24 hour mark.
    The numbers I stated come from the top drug recovery institute in the country and lets be honest outside of Mexico & Jamaica there is no other country that knows more about pot then the Dutch.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    The numbers I stated come from the top drug recovery institute in the country and lets be honest outside of Mexico & Jamaica there is no other country that knows more about pot then the Dutch.
    I mean, hey, I'm not complaining. 14 hours helps my case lol. I've usually just heard 24ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Nah man, Cannabis has absolutely no negative health affects what so ever. It's natural so it can't be bad for you.
    Who has ever argued that? Absolutely nobody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Better question.

Why are you smoking pot?

Don't get me wrong, I love pot. It's hard as shit to not light up, especially since my neghibors earthly stench finds its way to my living space. I'd probably smoke weekely if it were legal.

But it ain't worth being denied a job I want or need.