Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    If you still don't understand that tank gameplay has changed to active mitigation (actively try to stay alive) rather than mashing threat buttons, I don't know what to tell you.
    B-b-b-but /use sunder armor /stopattack spam =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    It would be very interesting to see what would happen if DBM stopped working tomorrow...
    I am a player who would be very glad to see DBM go, but that addon has rooted itself very deep into the core of WoW players. It's the primary addon required of any raiding guild. Take that away and you've turned off a lot of raiders.

It would have to be a slow process that gradually stops DBM from accessing certain functions within Blizzard's API, until players are more comfortable w/o it, but the odds of that happening are pretty close to nil.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Deleted
    It's funny really everybody complains about the radar being fucking op. Except it isn't THAT op. Sure the Archimonde laser visuals where really helpful. Yeah i used them and also used the DBM 2D/3D indicators. However most of the UnitPosition API gone can be solved by planning ahead. Instead of using ERT on kormrok you just have to memorize your position based on "unique" floor spots by looking at the textures and some world markers/flares/toys. Instead of winging it and randomly going to spots you will have to plan your spreading out a bit more. Like going to the same spot for the lazers.

The OP part that is really making stuff easy is Weakauras and bossmods assigning raid markers on people with some thought/logic behind it to order them to go to a location like the fel lord zakuun seed of destruction sorting people alphabetically. Or worse the Mark of the Legion debuff in Mythic Archimonde P3. Addons assign people to soak in 4 different location and evens out total number of players in each location. When the first person explodes in i want to say 4 seconds that's a lot of chaotic on the fly adjusting you have to do without these addons.

And for those of you who think iskar assist/ert iskar assist was required your ui must fucking suck that you can't bind a macro to click the action button or even view the debuffs on your raidframes.

Ok. So what about players like me. I do not need deadly boss mods to tell me what to do because i am a bad player. I need deadly boss mods to show me where to run because i have severily bad eyesight. WIthout deadly boss mods making it easier to see where things are and where effects occur on the ground. I am unable to raid. So atm i see no reason to even play in legion. Raiding was the only thing i was looking forward to and now i can't

Quote Originally Posted by Yoloboy View Post
    Addons are for noobs anyway.

Seriously, an addon that tells you when to move when u can see a cast bar on the boss?
    An addon to remember your rotation?
    An addon to know not stand in shit on the floor?

Its like raiding with trainingwheels.

I downed every boss fine without a single addon.
    No, you didn't ...You did it with other people, How many of them were using addons?

Fine, they want to remove unit position addons? Then don't design encounters where you precisely need to track your own or others position in raids like Kromog, like Kormrok, like Archimonde. Hell, even Hans & Franz with the positioning on the little intersections. Im sure this will lead to encounters that are MUCH more interesting and complex Kappa.

Blizzard, the only game dev company I know that REMOVES customisation and usability features from their games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Just give players something similar to the visual for Phantasmal Chains on Iskar. If they have to spread by 'x' yards/meters/feets/astralunits just give us a visual- especially if the other option is to just remove difficult mechanics.
    It will be interesting to see if the range finder breaks as well. Spread out 6 yards guys. We all know people are challenged already with looking at the circle and determining whether it's red or green.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    Limiting world view with max distance, disabling flying, limiting interraction with surrounding world through addons go all well together with giving fake impression that world is big.
    I'd rather have a medium sized world full of content than a large world with open areas full of nothing.

Kormrok was nothing compared to Fel Lord. At least in Kormrok you could assign people locations and assuming they weren't stupid they could get to that position every time. Fel Lord would be almost impossible without addons...it's not exactly the same positional comparison, but imagine Fel Lord without a weak aura to tell the 5 random people which marker to run to within 5 seconds...I'd love to hear how people handled that without weak auras.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    We can't fly already and they're gonna remove radars from add-ons too? I'm so gonna quit.
    Good, we dont need whiny, lazy casuals like you

Quote Originally Posted by Nocuous View Post
    Kormrok was nothing compared to Fel Lord. At least in Kormrok you could assign people locations and assuming they weren't stupid they could get to that position every time. Fel Lord would be almost impossible without addons...it's not exactly the same positional comparison, but imagine Fel Lord without a weak aura to tell the 5 random people which marker to run to within 5 seconds...I'd love to hear how people handled that without weak auras.
    By having an addon mark them with a raid icon that corresponds to a raid marker on the ground?

They will just need to look where to run rather then blindly follow an arrow.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Just reminding that we had addon like this already in Wotlk and it got banned, I had no clue DBM went that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the range finder breaks as well. Spread out 6 yards guys. We all know people are challenged already with looking at the circle and determining whether it's red or green.
    The Radar display will be broken since the addon will no longer be able to tell where people are.
    It can however still check ranges to players so it will go back to the old display of a list of all the people who are within X yards of you.

You need to then figure out what direction to move in yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    Just reminding that we had addon like this already in Wotlk and it got banned, I had no clue DBM went that way.
    Yes and Watcher even specifically mentions that addon (AVR) in the interview.
    The arrow direction stuff is a clear line Blizzard has drawn
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by LovesToSpooge View Post
    Good, we dont need whiny, lazy casuals like you
    First of all I was being sarcastic.
    Apart from that I've got a question, how do you know someone who says he's gonna quit over these things is a lazy casual? I get the lazy part but there are many hardcore raiders who heavily use these kinds of addons and are actually mad at not being able to fly in the beginning of expansion. Or is that just a random insult?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    By having an addon mark them with a raid icon that corresponds to a raid marker on the ground?

They will just need to look where to run rather then blindly follow an arrow.
    How much difference is there between giving you an arrow for which way to run or how to position yourself and one that tells you which marker to run to? Giving 5 random people 5 seconds to get to separated locations or the entire raid wipes was not fun imo. My question still stands, were there any guilds that did mythic Fel Lord without an addon to help handle the seeds? If so, I want to know how they did it.

How much difference is there between giving you an arrow for which way to run or how to position yourself and one that tells you which marker to run to? Giving 5 random people 5 seconds to get to separated locations or the entire raid wipes was not fun imo. My question still stands, were there any guilds that did mythic Fel Lord without an addon to help handle the seeds? If so, I want to know how they did it.
    Seeds put markers on people's heads, via DBM/BW, and you had those 5 world markers in the back of the room, seeds come out, oh I have Star, run / warlock gateway over to Star World Marker, seeds explode, step forward like 5 yards, avoid other seeds' waves, gg. No addon needed except for DBM/BW and both of which weren't using any positional code to help with mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShawoman View Post
    No addon needed except for DBM/BW and both of which weren't using any positional code to help with mechanic
    I fail to see how they aren't essentially the same thing...regardless of whether an addon tells you where to go with a built-in location or tells you to go to a location you've marked separately, it is essentially the same thing. The difference is that one just saves the RL from having to mark the locations.

I know how it works as I've killed M Fel Lord many times. I want to know how raid groups did it without an addon telling them where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post

Not a handful. Nearly all large ACE addons must use this API (DBM ,BIGWIGS, ElvUI). Many small addons also need. For example, some small addons like monitoring transcendence for monk. It is impossible to track it without this API.
    Like I said, nothing I can't live without. All WoW really needs is CD/Timer tracking, keybinds, and interface control like Bartender. Thats where 90% of improved efficiency comes from IMO. And an auction addon. Only thing I personally need from DBM is boss ability tracking and mayb the occasional spell alert.

I'm interested to see how this effects healing add-ons. Not being able to tell how far away people are might be a bit rough. I realize that there are some people who don't use any add-ons and heal just fine, but this could be a big adjustment for a lot of healers for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The Radar display will be broken since the addon will no longer be able to tell where people are.
    It can however still check ranges to players so it will go back to the old display of a list of all the people who are within X yards of you.

You need to then figure out what direction to move in yourself.
    So, good old addon that pops an exclamation point on your screen and plays metal gear solid alert sound if someone is in range of bad thing that you are going to poop out?

- - - Updated - - -

Because its you, the player have to do it, not an addon. It's you should think about your positioning, not your RL, not your cat, not your addon, not your mom. You. If you can't remember which spot you was assigned to - maybe normal mode is your level?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elonu View Post
    I'm interested to see how this effects healing add-ons. Not being able to tell how far away people are might be a bit rough. I realize that there are some people who don't use any add-ons and heal just fine, but this could be a big adjustment for a lot of healers for sure.
    What healing addons you are talking about exactly? Healbot and such?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.