Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Races & Classes best positioned to appreciate the lore of Legion

As a lore geek, I have decided to co-main my Draenei Paladin and Night Elf Demon Hunter for Legion. These two races have the longest history with the Legion of any available to players. Playing both a paladin and a demon hunter should give me two very distinct perspectives on the story as it unfolds.

Guessing I'm not the only player visiting this forum who takes such things into account? I know most of us have mains we are already attached to and will stick with them. I certainly did, maining my DK from WoLK all the way through WoD. At this juncture though, and reading Illidan this week, I am most excited about these two toons.

Has anyone else thought about it this way? What are you planning to play first, and did lore play any part in your decision?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Gnome death knights are the best combo to appreciate any kind of lore.

I agree with your choices for sure. DH and pally work well with this expac, rolling a Draenei pally also works.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Orc war and warlock always good classes to fight the legion
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

It doesnt matter.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter really, but I have:

Human Hunter; Sniping demons from afar, bringing glory to the alliance, exploring new lands.
    Dwarf Mage; The Dwarven army is insanely united and powerful right now. A dark iron mage will rise and defend azeroth with the Kirin Tor.
    Dwarf Death Knight; So much neat DK story and lore in Legion. Be the ultimate weapon against the Legion!

I'm lore geek as well and used to feel the same as you. But really it doesn't matter if one race can "appreciate" something more than another. We all have the same mission.
    Last edited by Colonel Sandor; 2016-08-22 at 09:27 PM.

All classes get campaigns so I don't think it matters TOO much but dh and paladin yes are certainly up there.

For races, night elves and draenei for sure. Forsaken and worgen are also getting story. Tauren for high mountain and some blood elves may also like all the elf stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every race makes perfect sense and fits. They don't want the world to be destroyed by the Legion.

Draenei paladin isn't that well suited because the paladin stuff is human, human, human, with human on top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Draenei paladin isn't that well suited because the paladin stuff is human, human, human, with human on top.
    Draenei were paladins before the humans.

Every race wants the Legion to be destroyed, but it's probably a lot more personal for Night Elves, Draenei, Orcs and Blood Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    He's meaning Blizzard's shit design decision with Paladins to make the order hall, the artifacts, the talents and tier gear all scream "KNIGHT OF THE SILVER HAND LOLOLOLOL" even though that fits 1.5 of the 5 Paladin races. the .5 because Dwarves are just serving as sidekicks to humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Yes, I know, but Blizzard doesn't apparently so everything about paladins in Legion is human.

Well with all of the awesome content involving druids, elves and the emerald dream/nightmare I'll be playing my druid for sure.

Playable races spotlighted in Legion: Night Elves and Tauren.
    Other races spotlighted in Legion: Naga (twisted Night Elves), Drogbar (new race), and Vrykul (Human predecessor).
    Classes spotlighted in Legion: All... Class Order Halls overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Every race wants the Legion to be destroyed, but it's probably a lot more personal for Night Elves, Draenei, Orcs and Blood Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

He's meaning Blizzard's shit design decision with Paladins to make the order hall, the artifacts, the talents and tier gear all scream "KNIGHT OF THE SILVER HAND LOLOLOLOL" even though that fits 1.5 of the 5 Paladin races. the .5 because Dwarves are just serving as sidekicks to humans.
    And trolls. How could someone with your avatar forget about Vol'jin?
    HEROES NEVER DIE

for title of the thread, this is how i see the "canon" class and race of each class with their artifact this expansion. i feel like blizz made a lot of them with one race in mind to be the canon character.

paladin - human, dwarf, or blood elf

priest - shadow - human or forsaken

priest - disc - human

priest - holy - draenei

druid - night elf

rogue - unsure

warrior - human or dwarf

death knight - maybe human, but dk is kinda fitted to all races, since it's death themed, not race themed.

demon hunter - either race, really.

mage in general - blood elf, just look at that tier set. is there any doubt in your mind what spec and race blizz had in mind?

monk - pandaren, no other race suits monk in any way, shape, or form. they really screwed up giving monk to other races.

warlock - eh, idk. maybe human, but warlock, like dk, is pretty egalitarian in the race department.

hunter - marksman - blood elf

hunter - beastmaster - i want to say gnome with a bunch of tech pets and the tech bow appearance.

hunter - survival - tauren.

shaman - enhance - orc, no exceptions.

shaman - resto - eh, not really sure.

for what i'm doing myself, mostly sticking very close to this. my druid is night elf, my paladin and mage are blood elves, dk is human, shadow priest is forsaken, demon hunter is blood elf, rogue is blood elf(i kinda hope there's no thief factor to the leader of the rogues, just an assassin or something, thievery doesn't suit a blood elf at all), sadly my hunter is an orc and doesn't fit very much, same for my shaman being a draenei sadly, monk is panda so she's good, and warlock is human. my warrior is a night elf and she's not going to fit in at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    palas - draenei, human, belves, dwarfs
    priests - forsaken, draenei, human, nelves
    druid - nelves, tauren
    rogues - human, nelves, belves, forsaken, worgen, goblins
    dk's - pretty much everyone to be honest, except pandas.
    dh's - nelves
    mages - belves, human, forsaken, gnomes, goblins
    monks - pandas
    warlocks - human, orc, forsaken, gnomes
    hunters - belves, nelves, tauren, trolls, dwarfs, worgen
    shaman - orcs, tauren, trolls, pandas
    warrior - dwarf, orc, human, tauren, worgen
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-08-22 at 11:19 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    And trolls. How could someone with your avatar forget about Vol'jin?
    Even Blizzard forgets him.

Deleted
    Male Night Elves look so goofy with their tiny waist and awkward posture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    mages - belves, human, forsaken, gnomes, goblins
    Dark Iron Dwarf Mages THANK YOU.