Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Drug testing is a Human Rights Violation. Getting High I guess could be a basic human right, but you feel that testing you as part an employment process is a violation of your human right. There is always the option of not working for such companies.
    Oh for sure, but it looks like in the US drug tests are found in waaaaaayyyyyy more industries and businesses and likely don't help in any major way, they are more prohibitive than anything. I will say the types of drugs they care about should change more than drug testing itself, obviously you wouldn't want someone addicted to something that could impair their judgement, but things like weed on the weekends or in the evenings is not going to effect any judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    DOH, just because it's being natural grown it can still be a drug - would you say the same about opium or mushrooms
    True. But I'm just saying that people think it's on the same page as like cocaine, heroin, meth, etc. just because it's classified as a "drug" and they fall under the "drug" category. I'm trying to say that people need to realize that it's not a big deal at all. Virtually harmless with multiple medicinal benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyBravo View Post
    I've said multiple times I was only given 36 hours notice. That's why I didn't smoke for 36 hours. Also, we're talking about a saliva test. No way it stays in your saliva for any more than 72 hours.
    If you have a job where they drug test why would u ever do drugs regardless of how much of a warning they give you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    If you have a job where they drug test why would u ever do drugs regardless of how much of a warning they give you?
    It's a pre-employment test. I applied and they called me literally the next day and told me to come in the day after. Did not expect that at all. When my buddy applied there, they took 2 months to call him in for an interview lol.

Deleted
    I don't get how drugs are a thing... Very hard to get it delivered to your house?

So I took a SALIVA drug test (kept a piece of cotton in my mouth for a couple minutes). I was sober for about a week, and then I started smoking again for about 10 days. In those 10 days I smoked daily, but LESS THAN 1 gram collectively. I smoked 36 hours prior to the test. In those 36 hours, I brushed my teeth, gums, tongue, cheeks, etc vigorously followed by a 2-3min mouthwash every morning, mid-day, and night. I also chewed a bunch of gum, drank plenty of water, and I'm only 125lbs with a very high metabolism. The tests are getting sent to a lab, so it's not the immediate on-site test.

I've read that THC is only detectable up from 1-12, 1-24, and 1-48 hours. But then I've read horror stories where it can be up to 72+ hours. If anyone has been in a similar situation as me (casual/light, but daily smoker), any serious answers or past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    If they took hair it could show up alot longer than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes there are consequences for poor choices.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    If they took hair it could show up alot longer than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes there are consequences for poor choices.
    Was "saliva" being in all caps not noticeable enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I don't get how drugs are a thing... Very hard to get it delivered to your house?
    nah man, I just wait for the ice cream truck to come around to get a fudgecicle and 2000 grams of kush. Duh.

Deleted
    nah man, I just wait for the ice cream truck to come around to get a fudgecicle and 2000 grams of kush. Duh.
    Damn sounds neat! I just am too bad to google services like that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be pretty dicey on the pass or fail. The catch being none of us know the lab it's going to and more importantly the pass-fail cut-off. All of these tests including saliva have a cut-off in level for pass/fail, which can really vary widely lab to lab. In some cases the employer tells the lab where to set the cut-off. It kind of depends how tight or loose the lab and employer are with setting the cut-off. For saliva they seem to vary from 1-4 ng/mL which is kind of a wide range. So depending how tight they set that is why you see people in this thread insisting on 4-6 hours, others saying up to 14 hours, and actually if they are really tight in the 1 ng/mL cut-off level it can be up to 48 hours. Without knowing the cutoff for your particular lab (and employer if it's a custom cut-off) you won't really know. The closest you could hope for is if you caught the name of the lab and look up their website, since some labs publish their thresholds. If it's 4 or even 2, should be fine. If it's only 1 ng for a positive...it will be a roll of the dice at 36 hours.

As a side note, you'd almost certainly fail a urine or hair test. So I'd avoid the one-hitter moving forward until you're actually employed someplace at minimum. After that, it's up to you and the job and how much you want to risk it. Most office jobs I've seen never test after the hiring process, unless it's really obvious that you have a problem. Blue-collar jobs though will sometimes randomly spot-test (although even many of them don't after hiring), it just depends on the place. But again almost guaranteed if you ever get hurt or have an accident in a blue-collar job you can 100% count on a test, and if positive they are certain to nail you on it.

It's a pre-employment test. I applied and they called me literally the next day and told me to come in the day after. Did not expect that at all. When my buddy applied there, they took 2 months to call him in for an interview lol.
    so you did drugs, knowing you were going to be applying to different jobs....

so you did drugs, knowing you were going to be applying to different jobs....
    Well I only applied to this one, and knowing it was just a saliva test, I would have no problem quitting for days or even up to a week to be safe. But like I said, from the time I submitted my online application to the time I was getting drug tested, it was only 48 hours apart. So I did what I could.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    It's going to be pretty dicey on the pass or fail. The catch being none of us know the lab it's going to and more importantly the pass-fail cut-off. All of these tests including saliva have a cut-off in level for pass/fail, which can really vary widely lab to lab. In some cases the employer tells the lab where to set the cut-off. It kind of depends how tight or loose the lab and employer are with setting the cut-off. For saliva they seem to vary from 1-4 ng/mL which is kind of a wide range. So depending how tight they set that is why you see people in this thread insisting on 4-6 hours, others saying up to 14 hours, and actually if they are really tight in the 1 ng/mL cut-off level it can be up to 48 hours. Without knowing the cutoff for your particular lab (and employer if it's a custom cut-off) you won't really know. The closest you could hope for is if you caught the name of the lab and look up their website, since some labs publish their thresholds. If it's 4 or even 2, should be fine. If it's only 1 ng for a positive...it will be a roll of the dice at 36 hours.

As a side note, you'd almost certainly fail a urine or hair test. So I'd avoid the one-hitter moving forward until you're actually employed someplace at minimum. After that, it's up to you and the job and how much you want to risk it. Most office jobs I've seen never test after the hiring process, unless it's really obvious that you have a problem. Blue-collar jobs though will sometimes randomly spot-test (although even many of them don't after hiring), it just depends on the place. But again almost guaranteed if you ever get hurt or have an accident in a blue-collar job you can 100% count on a test, and if positive they are certain to nail you on it.
    Thanks for the in-depth response! I was actually able to obtain their thresholds. The lab it's going to is SciTeck. The initial cutoff is 20 ng/ml, the GC/MS cutoff is 8 ng/ml and the LOD is 2 ng/ml.

Also, the job I'm applying for is just a night stock job at a local grocery store. I heard that they aren't TOO strict with marijuana but that's not confirmed professionally.

Edit: Granted I only did wait 36 hours, do you think the fact that I only smoked about a gram in an 8-9 day period will pretty much seal the deal? In addition the the fact that I have an extremely high metabolism (125lbs), and I brushed and mouthwashed thoroughly, and chewed plenty of gum to flush out my saliva glands.
    Last edited by JollyBravo; 2016-08-23 at 05:00 AM.

Well I only applied to this one, and knowing it was just a saliva test, I would have no problem quitting for days or even up to a week to be safe. But like I said, from the time I submitted my online application to the time I was getting drug tested, it was only 48 hours apart. So I did what I could.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the in-depth response! I was actually able to obtain their thresholds. The lab it's going to is SciTeck. The initial cutoff is 20 ng/ml, the GC/MS cutoff is 8 ng/ml and the LOD is 2 ng/ml.

Also, the job I'm applying for is just a night stock job at a local grocery store. I heard that they aren't TOO strict with marijuana but that's not confirmed professionally.

Edit: Granted I only did wait 36 hours, do you think the fact that I only smoked about a gram in an 8-9 day period will pretty much seal the deal?

Why not just quit forever?

Why not just quit forever?
    Because it helps me with my anxiety, eating disorder, and most of all it's fun

It's not like I can't quit, cause I have many times, I just don't choose to. I'm sure you're a fan of bacon, you COULD quit eating it forever, but do you want to? I know it's not exactly the same but that's pretty much the idea. It's not harming my body, and the amount I smoke is costing me pocket change.

Because it helps me with my anxiety, eating disorder, and most of all it's fun

It's not like I can't quit, cause I have many times, I just don't choose to. I'm sure you're a fan of bacon, you COULD quit eating it forever, but do you want to? I know it's not exactly the same but that's pretty much the idea. It's not harming my body, and the amount I smoke is costing me pocket change.
    my job doesnt depend on me not eating bacon. There are plenty of alternatives to help with those things. All your giving are junkie excuses. You havnt quit yet since your obviously still using. Stop being weak willed and jeopardizing your job status.

my job doesnt depend on me not eating bacon. There are plenty of alternatives to help with those things. All your giving are junkie excuses. You havnt quit yet since your obviously still using. Stop being weak willed and jeopardizing your job status.
    I predicted that was going to be your answer. I'm a big boy, I know what I'm getting myself into. This job never randomly drug tests. They do it for pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, and if you injure yourself. It's safe to say I'm in the clear since I don't smoke during or before my work hours. And don't go throwing around the word "junkie" towards a guy who smokes 2 grams a month in my own home in my free time. I think you need to reevaluate your definition of that word. Oh and for your information, since I've taken my drug test, I still haven't smoked just to be safe. So know the full story before throwing around accusations, you bigot.

It's people like you why marijuana is still an issue. Take your 1930's mindset and get out of here.

Edit: And for the "alternatives" i'm assuming you're talking about prescription medication? No thank you. I'd rather smoke a natural plant with 0 side effects than put horrible chemicals into my body. My friend takes anxiety medication and he had diarrhea and nose bleeds for weeks until they changed his dose. Again, no thank you. Prescription meds kill people every year, weed has yet to do that or even harm my body for that matter.

Edit 2: Also, you seem to not know the difference between "your" and "you're" so this "junkie" is already more intelligent than you.
    Last edited by JollyBravo; 2016-08-23 at 05:31 AM.

I predicted that was going to be your answer. I'm a big boy, I know what I'm getting myself into. This job never randomly drug tests. They do it for pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, and if you injure yourself. It's safe to say I'm in the clear since I don't smoke during or before my work hours. And don't go throwing around the word "junkie" towards a guy who smokes 2 grams a month in my own home in my free time. I think you need to reevaluate your definition of that word. Oh and for your information, since I've taken my drug test, I still haven't smoked just to be safe. So know the full story before throwing around accusations, you bigot.

It's people like you why marijuana is still an issue. Take your 1930's mindset and get out of here.

Edit: And for the "alternatives" i'm assuming you're talking about prescription medication? No thank you. I'd rather smoke a natural plant with 0 side effects than put horrible chemicals into my body. My friend takes anxiety medication and he had diarrhea and nose bleeds for weeks until they changed his dose. Again, no thank you. Prescription meds kill people every year, weed has yet to do that or even harm my body for that matter.

Edit 2: Also, you seem to not know the difference between "your" and "you're" so this "junkie" is already more intelligent than you.
    I have no problem with people smoking weed or anything. But dont try and quanitify by saying you can quit anytime and that you have, you just chose to start up. As long as it effects your job, you shouldnt be using it period. Smoke your heart out, but then dont complain when/if you get fired or not hired due to smoking w/e you are then its only your fault. Fyi i voted to make it legal in my state.

Also i do lol whenever someone has to go to picking apart the grammar of someone elses post to find errors on a casual interweb message board. Spellcheck away, ill still not give a single fuck if i use the wrong your.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2016-08-23 at 05:51 AM.

I have no problem with people smoking weed or anything. But dont try and quanitify by saying you can quit anytime and that you have, you just chose to start up. As long as it effects your job, you shouldnt be using it period. Smoke your heart out, but then dont complain when/if you get fired or not hired due to smoking w/e you are then its only your fault. Fyi i voted to make it legal in my state.
    Quantify? lmao. I think you mean justify. And yes, I can quit anytime, and I have for the time-being. What do you think this is, heroin? You've clearly never smoked weed before, buddy. It's like actually talking to a brick wall. I smoked the night I applied, thinking they wouldn't call me for weeks, and when they did, I was thinking they wouldn't schedule an interview till next week, not the next day. I'm getting tired of explaining myself to you. Learn to read and then come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i dod lol whenever someone has to go to picking apart the grammar of someone elses post to find errors on a casual interweb message board. Spellcheck away, ill still not give a single fuck if i use the wrong your.
    That's because you're an illiterate fuck. And you're definitely not winning the argument by far because of that, I just wanted to point out your grammatical stupidity, as well as your general stupidity since you have the nerve to call me a junkie when you clearly haven't even graduated grade school.
    Last edited by JollyBravo; 2016-08-23 at 05:48 AM.

Let's hope you don't get the job you're applying for, or any job for that matter as long as you are still a junkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Let's hope you don't get the job you're applying for, or any job for that matter as long as you are still a junkie.
    Lol another one of you guys, huh? Never gets old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    *marks everyone in this thread as shady for having such knowledge*
    I don't do drugs, but I have looked this stuff up before, a lot of it is common knowledge.

Looked it up because when I was in high school I applied to a job that required a drug test (Office Depot that had just opened, was having a job fair and mass hiring people). After weeks of not hearing from them I called and asked why they didn't call me since the interview went so well and the guy told me to expect to hear from them... They said they didn't call me because I failed the drug test.

I have never done illegal drugs a single time in my entire life. I don't even drink.

Thus my irrational hatred of drug tests was born.