Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It's not like "destroy the universe because law and order are folly" was any less of a foolish crusade.
    It wasn't because in the old (and proper) lore Sargeras himself became 'corrupted' and lost hope. He stopped caring about life. The new crap lore has Sargeras still caring , which makes him a massive retard considering NOTHING stops the Void Lords from corrupting life again if it reappears.

At best, this new shitfest they call lore is incomplete for now. At worst their retcons were badly thought out and it'll just be more garbage like 'Alternate Draenor'(likely).
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-08-23 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    have they actually said anything about how much they have destroyed?

certainly it's a lot, but in comparison to the size of the universe, it's probably not all that much.
    I think that it's mentioned in the Illidan novel that they have already conquered much of the universe. If it wasn't so late and I hadn't listened to it in audio book format I'd try to find a more direct quotation. Maybe somebody else will.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    It wasn't because in the old (and proper) lore Sargeras himself became 'corrupted' and lost hope. He stopped caring about life. The new crap lore has Sargeras still caring , which makes him a massive retard considering NOTHING stops the Void Lords from corrupting life again if it reappears.
    Someone who believes that the only option is to press the restart button doesn't sound very hopeful to me.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2016-08-23 at 03:06 AM.

Deleted
    Not really likely. The reason The Burning Legion even approached Alternate Reality Gul'dan is supposedly because he's the only warlock powerful enough to break the seals at The Tomb of Sargeras without being a demon who would be kill immediatly. Basically, WoD was purely a set up expansion...

The only reason the Legion found Draenor was because of the Draenai last I looked into it, so technically all of Azeroth's problems were the Draenai's fault.

Space is a poor place to incubate eggs. The titans should have invested in a proper RCAB Incubation cabinet.
    ~RAWR!

One of the invasion bosses says something like "This world is the last left standing." or something along those lines, leading me to believe that it's one of, if not the, last planet not destroyed.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I think that it's mentioned in the Illidan novel that they have already conquered much of the universe. If it wasn't so late and I hadn't listened to it in audio book format I'd try to find a more direct quotation. Maybe somebody else will.

Someone who believes that the only option is to press the restart button doesn't sound very hopeful to me.
    But he does it so that life can take root again in the universe. Old lore Sargeras was just corrupt/evil.

This new Sargeras killed the entire Pantheon and destroys life.. and for what? So that when it may finally reappear the Void Lords can just corrupt it again. No matter how you spin it, he's a complete moron.

UNLESS he plans to kill them with the Azeroth titan as his uh comrade. But that's just speculation.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-08-23 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The only reason the Legion found Draenor was because of the Draenai last I looked into it, so technically all of Azeroth's problems were the Draenai's fault.
    Not sure what they had to do with the Night Elves and the War of the Ancients, but OK.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Not sure what they had to do with the Night Elves and the War of the Ancients, but OK.
    That is how they spun the old lore it may have all been retcon'd since TBC. Also in TBC it is mentioned that OG Draenor is not only another planet but it is in fact within another dimension because the Exodar was a dimension hopping space craft which was also cited.

But he does it so that life can take root again in the universe. Old lore Sargeras was just corrupt/evil.

This new Sargeras killed the entire Pantheon and destroys life.. and for what? So that when it may finally reappear the Void Lords can just corrupt it again. No matter how you spin it, he's a complete moron.

UNLESS he plans to kill them with the Azeroth titan as his uh comrade. But that's just speculation.
    The point is to rid the universe of world-souls. Eliminating all life is a means to an end. Without any world-souls to corrupt, the Void Lords will never have a champion strong enough to open the way for them.

after the ridicilous chronicle retcons the Burning Legion's mission doesn't make sense anymore

why would Sargeras destroy worlds without world souls? there is no point
    It says in the chronicles that Sargeras thinks a world dominated by nothing is better then a world dominated by the void.

While that can be pretty truthful, it goes back farther than that, when the Eredar were first tempted by Sargeras. The Burning Legion wasn't exactly puny or weak before the Eredar joined (Pit Lords are pretty strong and obviously an ideal way to enslave some other races; Dreadlords, pretty sneaky and great at manipulating from the shadows), but with Archimonde and Kil'jaeden and their Eredar followers, the legion has wisdom and strategy. The choices of the Draenei race have made the legion what they are today.

Deleted
    Nope. Draenor was only a thing cause of the Dranei.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Wrathion says: WE HAVE FALLEN. WE MUST REBUILD THE FINAL TITAN. DO NOT FORGET.
    After eating the heart of the Thunder King, Lei Shen, but you spoke through Wrathion? No one has any proof who said these words through Wrathion's mouth. And I hard it extremely hard to believe Azeroth is the last Titan in the universe when there are millions upon billions of undiscovered worlds. Hell, Sargeras killed a young Titan world-soul in the Chronicle: Part I.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    All other known Titans are dead.
    Keyword: KNOWN.
    Last edited by RedNight at MMOC; 2016-08-23 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post

hmmm. the legion has only really been the legion as we know for around 25,000 years when he got kil'jaedan and archimonde to be his lieutenants. i'm guessing they still conquered before that though?

25,000 years is a short time span to achieve that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    so he wishes to destroy the multiverse (even though most life even if corrupted could never be a threat to him, or the universe) so the void lords can't corrupt stuff, then maybe life will take root again and what stops the Void Lords from then corrupting it anyway? It's a foolish crusade.

oh yeah and he has to do that in a multiverse

good luck and R.I.P lore

before the retcon book things made sense, now it doesn't and the Void Lords are a stupid concept
    Personally, I think absorbing the Fel energy from the destruction of Mardum has made Sargeras completely insane and unable to see the folly of his Burning Crusade - although we don't really know the upper bound of Sargeras' power, so it's possible what he believes could be possible (e.g. the creation of a multiverse without intrinsic flaws for the Void Lords to exploit, or perhaps the destruction of the Void in and of itself). As the Warcraft multiverse is essentially branching echoes of the primary universe (insofar was we know), the destruction of the primary universe also reduces the multiversal "echo" realities or unrealized realities. As the Legion burns a path across the primary universe and leaves only ash in its wake, so to the echo-universes wink out of existence and the universe grows smaller and smaller.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Azeroth is not confirmed to be the Last titan, but just the last known planet with a titan (of which only 2 were found, Sargeras cleaved the other one in half).
    Also, we have no information about Azeroth being one of the last worlds, we only know tha the Burning Legion destroyed over 10 000 worlds, but also that upon finding Azeroths world soul, only a small portion of the universe was explored by the titans.

Now, if Draenor actually had a Titan Soul, the titans would've stayed there longer, and not leave early. (we know they were there because of Gorgrond and a Blizzcon panel)
    Azeroth isn't only one of two found every single Titan started out as a World Soul. Azeroth is just the most powerful one ever found.

what i like to know is what happen to the planet once the titan wake up, could the planet itself become a sorta of giant robot and we all fly on it's back or like a egg it crack and the titan come out? In both cases the mortals living there (aka us) seem screwed.

If it is like an egg shell i'm inclined to think that draenor had a titan and when ner'zhul starter the ritual with the portal it wake up the titan inside that broke the shell and go away, it has always be stupid that ner'zhul regardless it's power was able to tore a planet apart.

Azeroth seem to be not the last world soul but the most powerful found by the titans in their journey, like a super titan it's entirely possible that other world souls are still sleeping around. It's also possible that some have not been discovered, both by titans/sargeras and old gods, if i'm not mistaken the old gods description in chronicles is more akin a mud ball trow by the void lords in the universe with finger crossed that it would land on a planet with world soul don't seem like an effective organized attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    what i like to know is what happen to the planet once the titan wake up, could the planet itself become a sorta of giant robot and we all fly on it's back or like a egg it crack and the titan come out? In both cases the mortals living there (aka us) seem screwed.

If it is like an egg shell i'm inclined to think that draenor had a titan and when ner'zhul starter the ritual with the portal it wake up the titan inside that broke the shell and go away, it has always be stupid that ner'zhul regardless it's power was able to tore a planet apart.

Azeroth seem to be not the last world soul but the most powerful found by the titans in their journey, like a super titan it's entirely possible that other world souls are still sleeping around. It's also possible that some have not been discovered, both by titans/sargeras and old gods, if i'm not mistaken the old gods description in chronicles is more akin a mud ball trow by the void lords in the universe with finger crossed that it would land on a planet with world soul don't seem like an effective organized attack.
    I believe Blizzard has said we won't see Azeroth be born as a Titan in the events of World of Warcraft - and I assume that is because it would destroy the world in the process, and kill any mortal beings inhabiting it that happen to be there if that were to happen.

Old God infestation is meant to act like a planetary viral infection, twisting the world-soul of a nascent Titan in much the same way as the Old Gods' influence madden and corrupt living beings who come into proximity to them. With sufficient time and massive infection the would-be Titan would be born aligned with the Shadow, a potent avatar of the Void that would accomplish the aims of the Void Lords (which seem to be sowing chaos, disorder, and misery on a universal level).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    100% sure draenor is not a titan, but azeroth may not be the last, it was just the last discovered one. and considering the size of the universe, how the legion can barely even make their way to azeroth because its so far away, there are probably other parts of the universe undiscovered by titans/legion, could well be a world soul there, realistically at least, but im guessing blizzard wants azeroth to be super special snowflake and be the last titan in the whole universe

- - - Updated - - -

no azeroth had problems with the legion before the draenei led them there, i dont think war of the ancients had much to do with draenei or draenor, that was night elfs fault/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    One of the invasion bosses says something like "This world is the last left standing." or something along those lines, leading me to believe that it's one of, if not the, last planet not destroyed.
    nut that doesn't make much sense to me, unless azeroth is completely isolated in the universe, as the reason the legion struggle to invade is because the distance is too far for them to travel, so they have to rely on portals, but if there were near by planets the legion had conquered already, wouldn't they be best off setting up portals there to summon sargeras / kiljaeden or who ever, and then invade from that planet?