Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No, not in a snowball's chance. Flex raids goes up to 30 members, that's fine, and barely ever happens outside of the occasional world boss raid...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    i see you understand not the point, try again
    No, I believe I got it right. This is Raid/Dgn subforum. If you mean class change, go cry somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    no you didnt, now cry away from me
    As you wish, LFR Master.

Deleted
    thankfully no NEVER again.

actually it was cool, being with 6-8 hunters in the hunter channel at ts and we had a lot of fun, on of your guys always would play dj and put in some music,

we always did ragnaros to this in hunter channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVeyC849E54 we even had warlocks joining us for the chill music, it was big fun raiding back than.

No. 40man raids are atrocious

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    it was quite different, the content wasn't as punishing, only like 15-20 people were carrying the raid tbh. You didn't care if you got a DC or if you were eating and playing, it was more enjoyable I'd say than now.
    Yeah I remember watching a video of one of the first times Rag was killed in Molten Core the people would whisper each other having a conversation.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Kaito92

So when someone says youre wrong (which you actually are), you you counter with immaturity instead of arguments?
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron

7+ Year Old Account
    @Aizen244: Sadly, no.

I know I'm in the minority, but, I miss the larger raid size. The whole experience felt more epic to me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    They're pruning the game so hard to make everything easier.
    There's no way they will ever go back to 40man.
    Remember those raids with 40 man? Bosses had three abilities and 5 of those 40 could be afk and the boss would still go down. So please don´t tie the difficulty to the amount of players involved. Nowadays 20 man mythics are far more challenging ability-wise then anything 40 man content had to offer.

OT:

No, they will never go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

The community as a whole is not willing any longer.
    10m and 25m split demonstrated that perfectly.
    When both had the same rewards it was perfectly reasonable to run both.
    When they had to choose, they whined about how 25m was suddenly too hard to organise.

If there is a smaller format similarly rewarding or equally rewarding, then that is the format people will flock to.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    I hope not.

I would also love to raid in a 200man raid. The practical part thou(even getting 20man to raid and organize it)can be difficult for the majority of the guilds.

40 man raids weren't fun. The number of people you needed to coordinate meant that it was hard to do complex mechanics and the entire experience was frustrating, especially for the leaders. Molten Core runs were basically herding cats into a cave for 4 hours.
    Beta Club Brosquad

15+ Year Old Account
    I was tank officer for my guild during Vanilla, and with two others (GM who was heal officer, and RL who was DPS officer), it was my job to co-ordinate the logistics of each raid. That is, managing sign-ups for forty slots on our website each week, managing subs for when 5 people invariably wouldn't show, keeping tabs on the DKP, assigning duties to our six tanks and sorting out the group makeup.

First pull of the night was usually half an hour after the start time, due to the hideous amount of legwork required to get such a lumbering beast moving.

It is gone, and if I never see it again it will be too soon. Smaller raids were a godsend.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    From what i could tell is that 40man's were a big pain in the butt to keep up or to organize so i hope not.
    But what i would like to see OT would be attunements, they were nice

No we won't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rtech View Post
    From what i could tell is that 40man's were a big pain in the butt to keep up or to organize so i hope not.
    But what i would like to see OT would be attunements, they were nice
    Attunements fucking sucked from a raid management point of view

"Guys one of our tanks is out tonight for BT progression, who's got an alt tank geared enough for this?"
    "Not attuned"
    "Not attuned"
    "Not attuned"
    "Still need Kael"
    "Not attuned"

Which meant we either spent over an hour trying to buy 5/6 and 3/4 lockouts from other guilds, or we'd have to waste another night clearing all the old content.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    They're pruning the game so hard to make everything easier.
    There's no way they will ever go back to 40man.
    40-man raiding was NOT as tightly tuned nor did it place as much personal demands on players as say, 20-man Mythic. 40-man was a logistical hurdle, nothing more.

Thank fuck they won't go back to logistics being the challenge of raiding rather than mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Still used it in mc, you seem to have forgotten content didn't get cleared in a week like now a days and many servers didn't even get rag down by the time bwl was out.
    Because people were shit, some bosses were bugged to hell, tons of people were still leveling to 60 when new patches came out etc etc.

Stop trying to pretend that Classic content not being cleared as quickly as content today was due to mechanical difficulty, it simply was not. If we'd get mechanics of 2004 in new raids today, the content would be cleared in an afternoon. Or do you really believe that Method would wipe 400 times on Classic Rag like they did on Mythic Archimonde? LOL!

Educate yourself.

"When the world of Azeroth was brand new, the overall pace of leveling significantly slower than it is today, such that the primary occupation for a majority of players was simply striving to reach max level. And even for the most cutting-edge players, many of whom were familiar with the leveling experience from the beta, it took two months from release for the first group to defeat Lucifron, the first boss in Molten Core.

Therefore, applying the tried and true principles of Internet forum logic, Lucifron was clearly more challenging than Garrosh—or any boss in the past 5 years for that matter. OK, maybe not. The delay was due not to the bosses’ difficulty, but rather the fact that it took even the most dedicated groups with extensive raiding experience from past MMOs that long to assemble a sufficiently large group of level-60 players who had obtained the appropriate dungeon and endgame quest gear. In many ways, that was the most challenging aspect of classic WoW raiding: the logistics of assembling and maintaining a sufficient roster with sufficient gear.
    "

Today, world firsts come at the hands of extremely well-prepared, dedicated players and EVERY single person in the team has to carry their weight and then some. I'd love to see a world first guild get the kill with 5 mouthbreathers on the team.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-08-29 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    lol you seem to overlook your own education. as you just told yourself mechanics doesn't make difficulty.

strategic execution of bone hard foes does. iow you need logistics and probably less ilvl grind to remind yourself what it's all about.

Edit: Decided you're not worth it, you're obviously spouting nonsense to get attention whilst flaunting your hilarious levels of ignorance. Pathetic. I have no trouble believing that you'd struggle with Classic mechanics today though, LOL!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-08-29 at 12:33 PM.

We're probably more likely to see 7 or 8 man flex raiding before ever seeing 40 man raiding again.