Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i bet none of them will take someone who doesn't even make poverty level wages.
    Most women don't care about those things. Yes some do but those women are called gold diggers...they are a minority...also it becomes easier to date imo as you get older, people are more mature and have learned a few things from previous relationships.

*You personally* are more limited because of your geographic limitations and ability to drive, I think you should look into local tabletop gaming groups instead of online ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    I have contemplated pursuing this endeavor, as I have reasons to believe that staying abstinent until a certain age does, in fact, grant you otherworldly powers. I am not talking about Harry Potter or whatever, but the mind (free from sexual desire) is able to see past primal urges, and opens up doors others cannot see. In essence, you evolve past the human body's urges and transcend into your mind.

I believe that following this path will grant you powers similar to the Buddha, and allow the worthy to transcend into Nirvana. Those who doubt this are foolish and in doubt, but they were never worthy of Nirvana to begin with.

Thoughts?
    Definitely sounds like a coping mechanism.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Doesn't sound like this is going to be hard for you.
    Ayyyyyyy /doubleguns

- - - Updated - - -

All I can say is, I had sex about an hour ago and my mood is tip fuckin top right about now.
    Not only do you feel more confident about yourself after every time, you feel good just knowing that you're doing the human thing. The nature thing. Playing your part in the great circle of life (even though I sure as hell do not intend on "circling life" anytime soon). Abstaining is just missing out. You get one life on this earth and on this earth one of the greatest feelings is putting your key inside a lock. You can be the most 'enlightened' motherfucker in the world but you didn't have sex!
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Here's a funny observation; most of the worlds most successfull and smartest people have had sex regularly throughout their life. Presumably because sex is nice and healthy and doesn't decrease your mental faculties by some magical means.
    Most of the smartest barely interacted with women. So I'm wondering what kind of people you consider the smartest.

Deleted
    I think there's a slight misunderstanding at play in all this

It's not about being a virgin - which does not make you a wizard (of course) but also doesn't guarantee you the wisdom of Socrates or the visionary mind of Tesla / Einstein / etc

There is however an argument to be made to say that de-prioritising women does seem to be a pattern among great thinkers (true even with ancient greek philosophers, and modern scientists)

This does make sense of course: it just means more time and focus for science, philosophy, whatever

One of the famous examples is Einstein's letter to his wife, with "conditions" of them staying together for the sake of the children after he was no longer attracted to her:

CONDITIONS

A. You will make sure:

1. that my clothes and laundry are kept in good order;
    2. that I will receive my three meals regularly in my room;
    3. that my bedroom and study are kept neat, and especially that my desk is left for my use only.

B. You will renounce all personal relations with me insofar as they are not completely necessary for social reasons. Specifically, You will forego:

1. my sitting at home with you;
    2. my going out or travelling with you.

C. You will obey the following points in your relations with me:

1. you will not expect any intimacy from me, nor will you reproach me in any way;
    2. you will stop talking to me if I request it;
    3. you will leave my bedroom or study immediately without protest if I request it.

D. You will undertake not to belittle me in front of our children, either through words or behavior.

-------

Note that his wife Mileva was a highly educated physicist herself and an intellectual companion - and yet he grew bored of her and celebrated when she left him so he could be alone:

"within a matter of weeks he was happily enjoying living alone “in my large apartment in undiminished tranquility.”"

------

Of course Einstein then famously married his cousin Elsa with whom he stayed the rest of his life, a housewife (not very educated, not a physicist)

Several biographies note the things that attracted him to her (platonically) were:

- Her cooking
    - She took care of him
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-08-23 at 06:53 AM.

Damn, Einstein sounds like a dick. How heartbreaking would it be to.get a letter like that from your husband...it's not like divorce or affairs (for women) were socially acceptable back then...

I agree with the "more time for intellectual pursuits", it is why I am personally on the fence regarding children.

Deleted
    If your mind has stayed free from sexual desire until the age of 30 then i can assure you it will not suddendly show up because you have sex.

Sexual desire does not magically appear or dissapear, its there regardless.

Your desires do not care about your religion, just like cancer gives no shits about your healthy living.

When it comes to transcendence or powers because you stay away from sex, well i just think its something you are telling yourself to feel better about the fact that you are well above the "normal" age of sexual debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Conversely: Ben Franklin, Albert Einstein, Newton, Jefferson, so on and so forth had lots of women on the side.
    Newton was indeed a virgin and also one of the greatest minds ever above the ones mentioned. And so was Tesla. Encourage this man to be Tesla

Deleted
    Owlbear iz better than wizard, has featherz and can go cat fur special lick tiem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Damn, Einstein sounds like a dick. How heartbreaking would it be to.get a letter like that from your husband...it's not like divorce or affairs (for women) were socially acceptable back then...

I agree with the "more time for intellectual pursuits", it is why I am personally on the fence regarding children.
    Well you know my opinion on that: you already know deep down inside that you do want children and will later regret sacrificing a fulfilling family life for the sake of career, but feminism won't allow you to realise those simple truths so you'll continue to model your behaviour on men instead of doing what will actually make you happy as a woman

Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by kingj56 View Post
    Newton was indeed a virgin and also one of the greatest minds ever above the ones mentioned. And so was Tesla. Encourage this man to be Tesla
    Newton and Tesla were both rather hostile to women; Newton perhaps because of altercations with his mother, but Tesla was just an anti-feminist:

Quote from Tesla:

“Now the soft-voiced gentle woman of my reverent worship has all but vanished,” Tesla told a reporter in 1924. “In her place has come the woman who thinks that her chief success in life lies in making herself as much as possible like man—in dress, voice and actions, in sports and achievements of every kind.

The world has experienced many tragedies, but to my mind the greatest tragedy of all is the present economic condition wherein women strive against men, and in many cases actually succeed in usurping their places in the professions and in industry,” the inventor explained in cringe-worthy detail. “This growing tendency of women to overshadow the masculine is a sign of a deteriorating civilization.”
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-08-23 at 09:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Doesn't sound like this is going to be hard for you.
    Exactly, that might be the cringiest post I've ever read.

OT: Sex is fun, and I highly doubt not induldging will let you discover the meaning of life or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post

------

Of course Einstein then famously married his cousin Elsa with whom he stayed the rest of his life,
    "No great genuis has ever existed without some touch of madness"

Abstaining from sex does not magically transform an individual into a great thinker; Newton and Tesla would have likely been exceptional whether they chose to have sex or not.

Deleted
    Newton and Tesla were both rather hostile to women; Newton perhaps because of altercations with his mother, but Tesla was just an anti-feminist:

Quote from Tesla:

“Now the soft-voiced gentle woman of my reverent worship has all but vanished,” Tesla told a reporter in 1924. “In her place has come the woman who thinks that her chief success in life lies in making herself as much as possible like man—in dress, voice and actions, in sports and achievements of every kind.

The world has experienced many tragedies, but to my mind the greatest tragedy of all is the present economic condition wherein women strive against men, and in many cases actually succeed in usurping their places in the professions and in industry,” the inventor explained in cringe-worthy detail. “This growing tendency of women to overshadow the masculine is a sign of a deteriorating civilization.”
    That's stupid.

Here's the thing: He's an engineer. He made great inventions, and truly was ahead of his time. That doesn't mean that whatever Einstein and Tesla says is true, or even intelligent. Like, 'overshadowing masculinity'? Go fuck yourself Tesla, society pressuring men into being masculine when they don't want to is one of the largest reasons for men's lesser well-being.

But to be fair, I can't tell Tesla to go fuck himself, because back then being masculine was the good thing. But that was over 100 years ago. The only people who thinks masculinity matters today are the proud members of the Legion of Losers.

- - - Updated - - -

Abstaining from sex does not magically transform an individual into a great thinker; Newton and Tesla would have likely been exceptional whether they chose to have sex or not.
    Exactly.

I knew this guy who didn't study shit in school because "Einstein and Bill Gates didn't", so apparently not doing anything would make him succesful. And we who did were wasting our time.

Last I heard of him he was unemployed. Good going, genius.

Deleted
    I think for most people it does the opposite. Sex can be a great bonding and creative experience.

Well you know my opinion on that: you already know deep down inside that you do want children and will later regret sacrificing a fulfilling family life for the sake of career, but feminism won't allow you to realise those simple truths so you'll continue to model your behaviour on men instead of doing what will actually make you happy as a woman

[/I]
    no.

But this thread was an enjoyable read I read all 19 pages. Time is meaningless to me! Bwaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Nope. Had a g/f for a year or so. And that was fun.

Just never had sex.
    How te fuck do you have a gf for a year without sex, sure you're not gay?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Not every dating process is that intimate. And not everyone has much in the sex drive department, I should know!
    Yeah but for a year!?

- - - Updated - - -

They were all mentally ill too

Bruh... let's be honest.

You're not choosing that "lifestyle", women (or lack therof) are forcing you into considering that "lifestyle".

Maybe women would find you more appealing if you hit the gym, got out of the house to socialize, and stopped telling people you want to be a Wizard?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    They were all mentally ill too
    Not to mention miserable in life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Bruh... let's be honest.

You're not choosing that "lifestyle", women (or lack therof) are forcing you into considering that "lifestyle".

Maybe women would find you more appealing if you hit the gym, got out of the house to socialize, and stopped telling people you want to be a Wizard?
    These two points in particular. Gymming doesn't guarantee success, or necessarily boost success at all. In fact, body language is more important than the body itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    These two points in particular. Gymming doesn't guarantee success, or necessarily boost success at all. In fact, body language is more important than the body itself.
    Never said it did, but it definitely helps improve the full package.

Who do you think has a better chance at getting a girls attention? A fit, athletic guy with great social skills or a fat neckbeard with great social skills?

Plus, working out does way more than make you look better. It makes you feel better. One of the things women are most attracted to is confidence. Being in shape and proud of how you look is one of the best ways to increase confidence. Not to mention it teaches you the value of hard work and achieving goals on your own.

I didn't even include the health benefits because, unless you're some crazy HAES believer, you should already know being in shape is way more healthy than not being in shape.

Let's not pretend staying in shape doesn't help boost your success with life in general, not just with women. Thinking otherwise is just delusional.