Page 1 of 31
... LastLast

Germany bans muslim teen from wearing niqab

About time that someone disallows these things. Now if we only could extend it to burqas and hijabs and other kind of religious wear too it would be most excellent.

http://www.thelocal.de/20160822/musl...veil-in-school

An 18-year-old student at a night school in Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, has been told by a court that she cannot attend her classes while wearing a niqab.

The teenager had taken her school to court after they told her she would not be able to attend classes so long as she continued to wear the conservative Islamic clothing, which leaves the whole body covered except for a slit for the eyes.

The young woman failed to turn up for the court appointment due to the huge media attention it had gained, leading the judge to uphold the school’s decision, the Neue Osnabrücke Zeitung reports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. I'm all for certain types of religious expression.

However, those that can be used by a prospective terrorist to mask their appearance have no place in society.

Don't like it, go to another country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Good. I'm all for certain types of religious expression.

However, those that can be used by a prospective terrorist to mask their appearance have no place in society.

Don't like it, go to another country.
    Kek. Wearing a niqab is a religious expression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    And it's a security risk. Hence I said certain types. Please read before commenting.

Deleted
    And it's a security risk. Hence I said certain types. Please read before commenting.
    Your stupidity reached over 9000
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-08-23 at 04:01 PM. Reason: reversed, infracted later

Niqab's are a problem because there is no way of checking who someone is. For all we know its all grown men with bomb girdles or 3 dwarfs stacked on top of eachother. Headscarfs, caps, etc. are fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your stupidity reached over 9000
    A most compelling counter-argument. Thank you for your insight.

Deleted
    A most compelling counter-argument. Thank you for your insight.
    You are the one that wrote terroism and niqab in one sentence, how brainwashed and stupid can you get? We really don't need your insight.

Infracted
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2016-08-23 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    What's more important? Country's law or religion's law?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    What's more important? Country's law or religion's law?
    Its called freedom of religion which is in fact implemented into country law. I need to say more?

huge security risk. would u say the same thing about the niqab when a suicide bomber wearing a niqab blows up a crowd of 100 people? how about your family?

if it covers just the head who cares, but the entire body is another thing entirely.

Understandable.
    Those things have no place in education.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are the one that wrote terroism and niqab in one sentence, how brainwashed and stupid can you get? We really don't need your insight.
    Brainwashed and stupid for pointing out that a mask obscuring one's identity is a security risk and would be easily used by a Terrorist?
    (and in fact has been used by several men in several televised beheadings)

Alright, tell you what. Convince all the bad-guys to not wear their masks and we'll let this girl wear a Niqab. I will leave it at that as I have no desire to engage in the same infantile name-calling game you seem to need to apply to make your points. I merely will point out that your logic is lacking in this matter.

It is a good thing the choice is out of both our hands and that this girl is not going to be permitted to wear it in class.
    It is a bad thing that she is going to be unable to go to school because "she" has been brainwashed.

I couldn't care less what other people wear. As long as they have to take them off to identify themselves to police and court I dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    About time that someone disallows these things. Now if we only could extend it to burqas and hijabs and other kind of religious wear too it would be most excellent.

http://www.thelocal.de/20160822/musl...veil-in-school

An 18-year-old student at a night school in Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, has been told by a court that she cannot attend her classes while wearing a niqab.

The teenager had taken her school to court after they told her she would not be able to attend classes so long as she continued to wear the conservative Islamic clothing, which leaves the whole body covered except for a slit for the eyes.

The young woman failed to turn up for the court appointment due to the huge media attention it had gained, leading the judge to uphold the school’s decision, the Neue Osnabrücke Zeitung reports.
    good - this way she cannot hid shadid belt under it - just like 12 year old who suicide bombed himself and killed 51 people on turkish wedding yesterday

I don't understand this mentality. Allow people to do as they please. I do think any women who actively puts herself through this, if not being forced through threats of disownment, are fucking insane however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    I don't understand this mentality. Allow people to do as they please. I do think any women who actively puts herself through this, if not being forced through threats of disownment, are fucking insane however.
    By the same logic you are saying you would be alright if my God told me it was OK to wear at all times a rubber President's mask?

If she wants to don her ninja costume at home that's fine, but anything involving identification like government offices, checkpoints, or huge public venues like arenas? NOPE.

And if a business doesn't allow you to wear a mask, that should also apply to niqabs. A private business has the right to insist that costumers' faces be visible to security cameras in order to deter theft.

By the same logic you are saying you would be alright if my God told me it was OK to wear at all times a rubber President's mask?
    Sure. Why the hell do I care what you do. Now if non-public property thought it was a bad idea to let people like that into their stores so be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    If she wants to don her ninja costume at home that's fine, but anything involving identification like government offices, checkpoints, or huge public venues like arenas? NOPE.

And if a business doesn't allow you to wear a mask, that should also apply to niqabs. A private business has the right to insist that costumers' faces be visible to security cameras in order to deter theft.
    I also agree with this to an extent. Take it off when identification is needed.
    Last edited by Thrive; 2016-08-23 at 07:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Misleading clickbait title. A school in Germany has banned not Germany has banned. It's even saying so in the article:

Whether to ban face veils in certain public spaces is currently being hotly debated in German political circles.
    Otherwise I will feel free to say: Denmark posting clickbait posts on MMO-C!
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!