Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Mage is always strong and will be, the main developer, celestalon, plays mage so expect to be good always. He will make sure of that.
    Really? I thought that was Ghostcrawler who played mage.

These threads are dumb. There's one spec over the top for Mages right now, which is Fire. Affliction is doing really well, not sure about the others. Play what you enjoy. Warlocks are not bad at all, though..

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    These threads are dumb. There's one spec over the top for Mages right now, which is Fire. Affliction is doing really well, not sure about the others. Play what you enjoy. Warlocks are not bad at all, though..
    I actually did this during Cataclysm. Played what I enjoyed, which is warlock. But eventually switched to Shadowpriest because no matter how you find a class fun, if it is still terrible, then it is terrible.

In PvP, the issues warlock are facing in Legion will NEVER be addressed during this expansion. IF Cataclysm and how they overnerf the class and also buff it TOO SLOWLY are true indications that the developers just don't care.

Warlocks are bad and by a large margin behind the other 3 pure dps classes: mage, hunters and rogues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    And you know, it's going to go live just like that

And as per Blizzard's recent quote, they aren;t going to nerf it despite it overperforming because of the artifact investment. They outright said that one spec outperforming the other two can only be toned down, not brought into line, due to the artifact

Exactly as many were predicting, the artifacts tend to create massively more imbalance inertia, if a spec or class is OP for the first two months then they're gonna stay that way, becuse unless you nerf them quick, too many complaints would be caused by artifact investment.

Fire mages are stupidly strong, at everything, MM hunters are good at everything, warlocks are bad at lots of stuff and mediocre at best

I'm myself rolling to mage because mage will for sure be good, and warlock will be only probably good.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    Really? I thought that was Ghostcrawler who played mage.
    He played a priest afaik.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    He played a priest afaik.
    Well, yes, but as long as WoW has been out, one of the devs has "played a mage". When GC was in charge, he was the one accused of being so. It's like the granddaddy of all WoW conspiracy theories, facts don't matter here.

And FYI, Watcher is probably the one who you guys want to target now, not Celestalon.

Mobility = Mage
    Durability = Warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    Mobility = Mage
    Durability = Warlock
    Sound reasoning.

Don't think I'll ever main a mage while Rune of Power is a thing.

Mage if you like to keep track of a million cooldowns. Warlock if you don't like doing that shit.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing with my mage alt a lot lately, its interesting, fire is cool but even with all the changes I just find my warlock more interesting. I do like my mage though, if I was forced to play something else besides lock it would be that class but right now I'm just alting mage for transmog runs and playing with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by jSewell View Post
    Don't think I'll ever main a mage while Rune of Power is a thing.
    Yeah, never liked that talent but at least there's always the option of Incanter's Flow unless you're in a cutting edge progression guild squeezing out every little number.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Mage if you like to keep track of a million cooldowns. Warlock if you don't like doing that shit.
    WHAT?. well, and tracking pets??, and to do it you MUST use an external addon like WA or similar.

Dont say u will just play 1 spec couse that sucks.

I will play lock, just couse i love it. But in legion to make dps, if they dont change, play mage.

I won't let the damage meters decide for me
    I love playing my warlock and I'll stick with it!

Mage gonna be stronger at start. But time will show wich's better. Still think mage gonna be stronger cuz it's mage.