Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    even with loose jackets and t-shirts they are usually revealing enough to notice when someone has a bomb like bulge hidden inside them. but alas my point is more about criminals can easily circumvent the law by hiding under religious attire, and if they are wearing M.E. clothing then you know they might have other explosive ideas as well.
    So after they detonate in a crowd of 100, which includes your family, your response would be "well, his jacket didn't PERFECTLY hide that bomb so it's ok".

Religious attire isn't magically immune to metal detectors. No one here is suggesting that religious attire should be exempt from any type of security protocols. Under such circumstances, a niqab is no more nefarious than a jacket or backpack.

----------------------------

if they are wearing M.E. clothing then you know they might have other explosive ideas as well.
    Requoted to emphasize how stupid some people really can be. Do you also watch out for redheads that like to wear green and drink Guinness? I hear they have a history of blowing shit up as well.

Deleted
    niqabs are less conspicious than wearing say a ski mask to a bank robbery. it is you who is confused if you cant figure that one out, and their sex is irrelevant. it may be a woman's attire but any disguise can be worn by a criminal regardless of it being for male/female. I know Sikhs are generally peaceful and theres a 0.001% chance they would attack someone with their ceremonial knife so thats no big deal to me. i'm just saying a knife while it can be a deadly weapon usually a kirpan is not, especially when compared to a bomb.
    Not really, nothing is less conspicuous than a man having a gun wearing any clothing covering his face. We are talking mainly about women in niqabs and the security risks. I say there is no security risks as I see no problem in them wearing one as a religious duty. You say Sikhs are peaceful in which implies that you think muslims are not peaceful, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    Not really, nothing is less conspicuous than a man having a gun wearing any clothing covering his face. We are talking mainly about women in niqabs and the security risks. I say there is no security risks as I see no problem in them wearing one as a religious duty. You say Sikhs are peaceful in which implies that you think muslims are not peaceful, right?
    im assuming youre a muslim or an ethnic minority?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    Bigots always assume that people who disagree with them must be bigoted towards them. There are people outside your bigotverse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    Nah, Atheist. I believe in knowledge and science.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Ninja suit has no place in education.
    discussion in germany is about ban for all and everything school related. as night school is not mandatory, the girl cannot even complain she cannot visit this special school type anymore.
    the huge thing will be a ban where your attendance IS mandatory. for courts the rule is already set: no niquab/burka as soon the judge appears on the bench. period.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    just to be fair , let's ban all Christians from wearing that weird plus sign around their neck and have all Jews banned wearing that star around their neck

Quote Originally Posted by chrykoolaid View Post
    just to be fair , let's ban all Christians from wearing that weird plus sign around their neck and have all Jews banned wearing that star around their neck
    Because they are the same as clothing that hides everything about you.
    It's a security risk, no matter how you think about it.

Im all for keeping religion in your home and not out in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    So after they detonate in a crowd of 100, which includes your family, your response would be "well, his jacket didn't PERFECTLY hide that bomb so it's ok".

Religious attire isn't magically immune to metal detectors. No one here is suggesting that religious attire should be exempt from any type of security protocols. Under such circumstances, a niqab is no more nefarious than a jacket or backpack.

----------------------------

Requoted to emphasize how stupid some people really can be. Do you also watch out for redheads that like to wear green and drink Guinness? I hear they have a history of blowing shit up as well.
    have you ever seen a niqab? they are extremely baggy and they are made to cover your entire body, face included. even an idiot would be suspicious of someone wearing a disguise like that, whereas a jacket only covers your torso leaving your face open to cameras and eye witnesses. Try to note the key differences between a niqab and a jacket.
    metal detectors dont always detect bombs by the way. just so you know about that. it depends on the bombs materials and they arent always metal.

i said might, as it maybe and maybe not. i havent seen a redneck jihadist ever but who knows maybe you will be the first.

the niqab, while mostly used a female garment can also be used by men. there are no magical rules preventing men from using it to conceal their identities. it doesnt have any mystical power preventing men from putting it on, so we can use both sexes in this case. and women can also be terrorists, its just way rarer.
    i can agree sikhs are mostly peaceful as well as Muslims, but the very few muslims that arent, can cause issues when they are given freedoms like their ability to wear facial covering clothing.
    maybe as a compromise they can simply show their face while in a public building/school/bank/in public areas?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Because they are the same as clothing that hides everything about you.
    It's a security risk, no matter how you think about it.
    Precisely what I was thinking!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    France enforced just that in public schools for > 10 years and everybody is cool about. as the ban hits everybody and their grandma, nobody really can complain or cry discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Im all for keeping religion in your home and not out in public.
    It seems that aslong as you say that you believe in some random spaghetti monster, that you can wear anything you want (according to some people).
    Put on some kind of kinky outfit with a ski-mask/clown mask!
    Might even plaster your body with pictures of satan/dead animals/swastikas cuz religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, because a Niqab is the only way someone could ever blow him/herself up.
    Let's ignore the million other ways.
    Let's ignore that this is about a school, where everyone wears a backpack and which is 10 times as easier to hide a bomb in.
    how about everyone gets to wear masks so when one student detonates a bomb and blows up the school everyone is a suspect because nobody can be identified?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Bigots always assume that people who disagree with them must be bigoted towards them. There are people outside your bigotverse.
    thats a rather bigoted view of things. just saying.

Deleted
    Of course there is a security risk, you can't know who is under those sheets, and you can hide allot of things under them, such as guns.

But i don't think this is really the issue in schools, what is an issue is that in western culture we expect to be able to see who we are dealing with. It is considered rude to not be able to see someone who you are having a conversation with. Just as it is rude no not shake someone's hand because of gender or social status. All cultures have rules, some have rules that are covered in religious nonsense while others will have rules that are more a sort of rule made by society, that doesn't make those rules somehow "less important" because they lack the religious incentive.

Deleted
    A religion law is OK until it does not force itself on other people. You can have cross handing in your home and wear anything you'd like, again, in your home.

Let me put this into perspective. Imagine my religion would make me run around with my mens organs hanging out of my pants. As I would be religious, I would follow that sacred behavior everywhere I go.

But if someone does not feel full comfort studying or doing shopping with me and my balls hanging out, they have all the rights to address such behavior and define it's against the law. Their country, their law, their choice. Of course I can still run around with balls out in my house or in my country / my places of faith, but not in public.
    Last edited by mmocda006714a1; 2016-08-23 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    have you ever seen a niqab? they are extremely baggy and they are made to cover your entire body, face included. even an idiot would be suspicious of someone wearing a disguise like that, whereas a jacket only covers your torso leaving your face open to cameras and eye witnesses. Try to note the key differences between a niqab and a jacket.
    metal detectors dont always detect bombs by the way. just so you know about that. it depends on the bombs materials and they arent always metal.

i said might, as it maybe and maybe not. i havent seen a redneck jihadist ever but who knows maybe you will be the first.

the niqab, while mostly used a female garment can also be used by men. there are no magical rules preventing men from using it to conceal their identities. it doesnt have any mystical power preventing men from putting it on, so we can use both sexes in this case. and women can also be terrorists, its just way rarer.
    i can agree sikhs are mostly peaceful as well as Muslims, but the very few muslims that arent, can cause issues when they are given freedoms like their ability to wear facial covering clothing.
    maybe as a compromise they can simply show their face while in a public building/school/bank/in public areas?
    By your logic when a white man rapes a women, then you will read it in the news paper and then go to the public, thinking strangely about white men? Dude read up whats happening in Inidia Hindus vs Sikhs. I got the feeling you've never talked to muslims before and you only get the hate from reading news about how a muslim man blew up something.

Also replay to your :

"how about everyone gets to wear masks so when one student detonates a bomb and blows up the school everyone is a suspect because nobody can be identified?"

You know that even with someone is masked he can easily but caught anyways?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Boy... I guess tumblr really does come in medicine form.

EDIT: Oh wait its fucking advanta LMAO why tf did I bother? XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    This kind of conservative islam has no place in Europe. If it's too bad for you then you can move into Saudi Arabia for example. But I except their social security isn't that good
    This. When people come to live in a different country, they should adjust to that country's traditions and integrate with that country's society. Not have their own mini-society formed.

There is no place for conservative islam in europe. It is only acceptable for tourists. Want to live in islamic society? Move back to middle east.