Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is so Orwellian to claim nothing Orwellian happens.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Ironically, were Orwell around today he could probably make a solid run as an authoritarian dictator himself, given how many idiots cling to his novels like scripture while failing completely to understand their basic premise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    We are apes so that part is true. And some of you can probably not be friends with muslims (not that i have any muslim friends) and your phrasing makes you sound like a sworn enemy of Islam. All[edit: actually only most] religions are the one true and only acceptable religion. The holy scripture mostly cannot be doubted (except it should in some religions, Christianity for example base all scripture on the testimony of witnesses, the echo of their god) And all humans should die. Ok maybe not the last one.

You cannot argue against what is true in a decent manner.

If you do not wish that i accuse you of being an ape then blame my misinterpretation of Darwin.
    You havent answered my question.
    Try again.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    You havent answered my question.
    Try again.
    Your question is irrelevant, your true question is how you can exert your feeling of superiority in your chosen faith over others by pointing out the flaws of their religion while conveniently ignoring those in your own. In the probably likely event you are an atheist then you are, by the nature of your question, likely a religious atheist possibly of a militant sort. Either way the question you pose is rethoric and not meant to be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Is it just something I've noticed? Western countries are becoming increasingly more orwellian year by year. People with wrong opinions getting locked up, people who protest for the wrong reasons to the establishment getting locked up. Insane amount of ostracization if you're not part of the establishment.
    Not really.

What's happening is that the aristocrats control the media. The aristocrats greatest fear is the middle class and poor rising up to overthrow them. So they use the media to pit the middle class vs the poor. A common tactic is to highlight any instances of racism or intolerance found in the middle class in order to smear their character. Meanwhile, they avoid highlight this among the aristocrats. This gives the false impression that the aristocrats are just better people in general and divert the anger of the poor towards the middle class instead of the aristocrats.

So when happens is the poor (rightfully) start out by being angry at the aristocrats for being left behind. Instead of fixing the problem, the aristocrats use the media to create straw men like Archie Bunker. And then the poor watch TV until they hate Bunker and by get duped into hating the middle class. Then the aristocrats hand themselves awards for creating the straw man of Archie Bunker because it successfully confused the poor into hating some other segment of society.

If you pay attention long enough to politics, you begin to notice that opinions get you ostracized only if they begin to lead people to not hate the middle class. All middle class values and symbols are redefined as racist and hateful, and they try to make the middle class feel shame.

This has actually been going on for centuries. Its how the aristocrats stay in power.

rich: (hauls wheelbarrows of money to the bank)
    poor: I'm getting nowhere in life and the rich have it all! not fair!
    rich: the middle class is racist! You should watch the Colbert Report. That will show you who to hate!
    poor: huh?
    ( watches colbert report )
    poor: I'm voting for the aristocrats! the middle class is evil!!!
    rich: yes! (hauls wheelbarrows of money to the bank).
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2016-08-23 at 07:32 AM.

Deleted
    Your question is irrelevant, your true question is how you can exert your feeling of superiority in your chosen faith over others by pointing out the flaws of their religion while conveniently ignoring those in your own. In the probably likely event you are an atheist then you are, by the nature of your question, likely a religious atheist possibly of a militant sort. Either way the question you pose is rethoric and not meant to be answered.
    So you are a coward who resorts to calling people names then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    [/I]
    Your own article describes their rhetoric as reaching the point of outright sedition, going by Google translate. Yes, their actions look pretty far over the line.
    Where do you get sedition?
    Regardless, they were not punished for sedition.
    "Also, do not distance themselves with such a group precisely by the refugees. The description of the group is a series of generalizations with a clear right-wing background. "
    Yes, Right-wing though is said to be illegal, No Orwellian overtones here no.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're gonna have to explain how an atheist can be religious. Atheist lacks belief in deities and outright reject that they exist. Theists have a belief in deities.

Deleted
    Your question is irrelevant - "your feeling of superiority in your chosen faith"
    No it isnt.
    The question was:
    How do you express dissapproval with certain Islam commandments without resorting to derogatory aggressive manner?
    Which is simple, you cant.
    Questioning someone's deeply held beliefs will hurt that person.

There is no way to avoid being superior (because you are telling them they are wrong).
    You cant avoid offending them (because you are telling them they are wrong).
    You cant avoid being 'aggressive' (because you are telling them they are wrong).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're gonna have to explain how an atheist can be religious. Atheist lacks belief in deities and outright reject that they exist. Theists have a belief in deities.
    "Religous" i guess, some atheists think they must preach their atheism and force it on others, that they must be on a constant jihad/crusade/something war against the idea of belief, knitpick in every little detail of other peoples beliefs as if somehow other peoples beliefs invalidates their non belief in a god or pantheon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    So you are a coward who resorts to calling people names then?
    Your definition of coward is lacking.

I am however rude as you correctly assess which was counter to intent. I appologize

7+ Year Old Account
    "Religous" i guess, some atheists think they must preach their atheism and force it on others, that they must be on a constant jihad/crusade/something war against the idea of belief, knitpick in every little detail of other peoples beliefs as if somehow other peoples beliefs invalidates their non belief in a god or pantheon.
    Antitheism ≠ Atheism.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Antitheism ≠ Atheism.
    Funny.

Ok admittedly i am doing in a way what others are doing here

A subset of atheists act in a certain way and claim atheism is the reason and i take that at face value and descibe them as religious atheists (because dogmatic is boring)

It is no different than those who see a subset of Muslims acting in a certain way claiming Islam as the reason and take that as a quality of Islam.

Reason Western Nations are becoming more Orwellian is due to Terrorisim.

Now Country spy agencies check communications from a lot of individuals who may pose a risk to the country.

And this is where I agree with Trumpy in checking out Muslim people from certain Arab countries .

If we dont check out certain people thoroughly as they enter the country, and they start to do silly terrorist things.
    Then our liberties will further erode.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    "Regressive" or "reactionary" are terms that better describe right-wing ideology, not left-wing.
    Both sides have batshit crazy ideas if you go far enough along the spectrum.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    For a minute there i thought you were covering judas priest.

OT: Probably has been said already, but we are actually heading to a world that it's more like "Brave new world" from aldous huxley. I suggest you read it. We are consuming entertaiment at an alarming rate, and only that is becoming relevant to us.

Denying the Holocaust should not be against the law - that's the entire point. It's an opinion, and to be countered by facts and reason, not jail.

To jail someone for an opinion is the point of the post, the west is becoming more Orwellian. Clearly that is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    ron paul revolution.....i'm done.
    Have you actually read the arguments, weighed them up against the opposing arguments, then rejected them?

I suspect not.

Ok admittedly i am doing in a way what others are doing here
    A subset of atheists[...]
    It is no different[...]
    Difference being that you won't find much, if any, resistance to atheist subcategories. That "subset acting in a certain way" is the antitheists.
    Whereas attempts to corner on subsets of Islam "acting in a certain way" are met with every kind of excuse:
    Radical Islam: why would you want to stress on Islam? radicals are bad in every faith.
    Jihadists: Jihad only means struggle; it's a normal thing.
    ISIS: they're not true Muslims, despite them and other members of the faith identifying them as such

So, in the face of people who refuse to sub-categorize, it's treated as a blob. Thus we get the "religion of peace" bit as both a way to erase their sins, and a way to mock the dishonesty (btw, that forbidden here, which is hilarious). Or they request Muslims being granularly scrutinized down to the individual; which is radically stupid: because their condition of Muslim-hood is a community thing.

While, yes, some Muslims are prosecuted for the mischief of others, and there's a significant amount of xenophobia, this level of protection is borderline absurd.
    And very much Orwelian in that it pretends to direct behaviour through language, in the same manner that the Minitrue revisioned history, or the Minipax ensured that words of violence stopped having meaning: the party puts forth the idea that constant war is waged and understood as a means to protect the peace (because war elicits patriotic sentiment, a national devotion, which keep the people in check, and peaceful).

But yes, other than that resistance to analysis, it's no different. The irony should not escape anyone: equating Islam with violence is just as Orwelian.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-08-23 at 09:55 AM.

In other words the regressive left has failed and now its time for tears.

So lets blame the big bad establishment
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    In other words the regressive left has failed and now its time for tears.

So lets blame the big bad establishment
    Yes we all know it's the left that's behind big intelligence budgets and big corporations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeJacko View Post
    Ooh gosh yes, throwing IDEAS into people's faces! What a horrible thing to do!?

Seriously, listen to yourself and consider the fact that if everyone said nice things then there would be no need for freedom of speech laws. They exist so that we can question assumptions with our horrible ideas and that maybe, just maybe, it will lead to a better world. Being offended is the price for this.

And it's a price worth paying or you stagnate like Islam did and go from being the most technologically advanced culture on Earth to being right down the bottom.
    Denying the holocaust happened isn´t tossing around ideas to form a better world, it´s denial of facts to make nazis look less bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    No it hasn't worked out for the vast majority. The tax rates have little to do with productivity, and unlike the past when the economy was much better (at least for average people), the productivity gains since the early/mid 70s no longer go to workers but have been drained off to the top incomes:

See chart: http://www.epi.org/productivity-pay-gap/
    Due to globalism and technology more than anything.

Lowering taxes increases your wage, it doesn't lower it.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-08-23 at 10:04 AM.