Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine to discuss your voip preferences, but can we please avoid insulting each other? We're talking about opinions on chatting applications, which is not a topic worthy of any level of malice.

Thanks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Why would anyone ever use Ventrilo, TS or RC, displaying your IP to a random idiot on the Internet? Third-party servers/cloud solutions are the only sane option.
    You gave your IP address away just by registering and posting to this site. Unless you connect through VPN, which you could just use on TS etc anyway if you cared that much
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it is more about personal preference.

I don't really like Discord, nor Ventrillo, RaidCall etc. Had no problems using Mumble myself, though it all comes down to people's choices in the end.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    Why?
    The best voice comms system is wherever people you play with are.

Does it have an option to suppress push to talk keybinds?

If not, then it's worthless to me for actually playing games. Discord is fine (quality not quite as good as Mumble, but nowhere near the average Vent server), but the lack of keybind suppression is awful.

Deleted
    Curse devs pls go.

Why all of the sudden has there been an influx of shill threads for Discord and Curse?

I appreciate that it would be nice if everyone used the same program since then there wouldn't be frustrations about not having the same program as other people. But you have to have people trying to compete or else there would be no innovation. Burying the competition is nothing you should be wanting to see as a consumer of this good.

Curse's problem more than anything is that it's trying to do too much in too small a box. I downloaded Curse, but it has like ten features I don't care about and a whole bunch of UI crap that I just don't care to sort through to figure out how it can actually be useful to me. As for the actual VOIP service, it seems like it's basically Skype, which is fine but nothing exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    (Or do, idgaf)
    Too edgy for me

I wish we would just STOP changing voice programs. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have to download yet another in order to raid? Especially if you pug a lot. So sick of having to have all these voice chat programs, just so I have whatever it is the raid leader requires.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Youngsters these days... Roger Wilco is still the most oldschool thing. This was used to beat shit when your were not even born...
    Oh well, I remember this. When clients were small non and non bloated.
    oh, honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cans and String for me.

I would rather a program do one thing well, by doing one thing only.
    Curse is trying to be everything, and while admittedly it is doing some things right with addons it is a concern it may end up compromising somewhere.
    There isn't a best.
    There is one or more which suits your needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Curse just trying to jump on the bandwagon, like with everything they do.
    Yet they are always too late.

Deleted
    wasn't there supposed to be a blizzard Bnet integrated voice chat thing?

Never used discord. Curse is the same as Ts for me. Hated using mumble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Curse just trying to jump on the bandwagon, like with everything they do.
    Yet they are always too late.
    It's pretty amazing to be honest. I mean, I use whatever VoiP the people I'm playing with use (usually mumble or ventrilo) but I use curse to talk and hang out with my 2 buddies when we're just dicking around and I don't think I could ask much more out of a free client that I need anyway (for wow addons).

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    Does it have an option to suppress push to talk keybinds?

If not, then it's worthless to me for actually playing games. Discord is fine (quality not quite as good as Mumble, but nowhere near the average Vent server), but the lack of keybind suppression is awful.
    So you are the guy we hear typing, breathing and eating?

Don't be that guy

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Why would anyone ever use Ventrilo, TS or RC, displaying your IP to a random idiot on the Internet? Third-party servers/cloud solutions are the only sane option.
    Your IP isn't a secret just so ya know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Curse Clients recent changes, and service changes, and acquisition by Amazon (Via Twitch.tv) just gave me more reason to not use Curse as much as possible.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetapper View Post
    I wish we would just STOP changing voice programs. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have to download yet another in order to raid? Especially if you pug a lot. So sick of having to have all these voice chat programs, just so I have whatever it is the raid leader requires.
    More or less what i was thinking when i saw that Curse is now Discord with the old Curse client slapped on top (but of course not compatible with Discord)... We don't need yet another one.