Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't really understand how some people seem to think that 'freedom of religion' trumps absolutely everything. I mean, are people really that rigid and astonishingly naive? You do realize that, among other things, that stance mean that certain students are free to have knives on them in the classroom, right? I would love to see the country that respects that 'right'. No, religious rights end where notable societal issues begin, such as issues with weapons and identification.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Well, for them it might be a trivial matter, but I don't think you'd like if they passed laws that required the women of your family to get circumcised? Going "home" to a wasteland would mean almost certain suffering and death. What to do?
    What are you talking about???? Its very simple, if you go somewhere, you follow local customs. If you do not want to follow said customs, then you should not go there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And we all know that the best way to stop women from wearing what men want them is to have other men tell them what to wear.

That entire Japan vs Muslims image you probably saw on some forum is complete bullshit.
    You do know that?

Do you have any idea how the world works?
    It's the same freaking thing.. Religious rules come from societal rules.

An example would be the ban on pork.
    Didn't it ever strike you as odd that both religions from that area have these bans?
    If you live in the middle of a desert it is not a good idea to have pigs.
    What are you trying to say with this rant??? Religious rules are in no way, shape or form the same as social rules. Though a social rule may have a religious origin doesnt mean that every rule must stam from religion, and that is what you are claiming here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    Give me a one incident where wearing a niqab was a security risk ? If you going to link me about men dressing up to commit crimes then please don't bother.
    You say a niqab is good at hiding guns. I guess you never watched CSI or whatever films that clearly show even in a business suit you can easily hide a gun. Now what? Should business suits be a concern?

A Jewish community has special treatment, a Sikh community has special treatment, every other religion have different special treatments that are implemented directly to our Laws, whats the problem with the Muslim community? They are same as we, they work, come home, pray sleep and repeat, its only a few noobs who think they are special snowflakes who bomb, which in return does not represent the Muslim community but even .000001%
    What part of "But i don't think this is really the issue in schools" is unclear to you???

For someone who claims to have science in high regard you certainly give allot of credence to a very fictional television show.

Then you go on some rant on how other religions get to have exceptions, but you never bothered to ask me what i thought of those. For the record, i am against those too. Fact of the matter is you failed to address the point that i made, it just is socially unacceptable here, period. There really is no other need to excuse it, we want to be able to see the people we are dealing with.

But nice strawman, didn't expect anything better tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    So you have a 1 in something million chance of being killed by an extremist Muslim terrorist.

Meanwhile your chance of being arrested in Germany for wearing a Niqab is close to 1 in 1.

I wonder what the real problem is.
    Yes, because extremist Muslim terrorists kill one person and then give up.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    What are you talking about???? Its very simple, if you go somewhere, you follow local customs. If you do not want to follow said customs, then you should not go there.
    Sure, you should stay in your own country and die instead. You don't want to bother anyone else with your crazy ways of life.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha-ha, finny how the story is about one teen been banned at a particular school from wearing niqab, and a judge overturned the ban - yet neo-nazis in the thread say, "Right, niqabs should be banned". I guess, lack of intelligence goes hand-in-hand with this kind of views.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Sure, you should stay in your own country and die instead.
    yes.
    Or learn to live like they do in the new country.
    Either or.

Deleted
    Sure, you should stay in your own country and die instead. You don't want to bother anyone else with your crazy ways of life.
    What are you talking about?? If you don't want to die because of your crazy way of living you should not bring said crazy ways to your new habitat and fuck that up too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Ha-ha, finny how the story is about one teen been banned at a particular school from wearing niqab, and a judge overturned the ban - yet neo-nazis in the thread say, "Right, niqabs should be banned". I guess, lack of intelligence goes hand-in-hand with this kind of views.
    and that was completely divorced from the thread.
    this thread has long since left the instance and move on to the principle.

Deleted
    Because wearing specific clothes is what causes them to die

1. Not a rant.
    2. It's actually the other way around, religious rules have a social origin.
    No, but the reason they have to wear those cloths is

1 yes it was a rant.
    2 nope it is not, again, religious rules may have social origin. There is no need for social rules to be there before the religious norm was made, take praying, that wasn't a social thing before religion made it so.
    Last edited by mmoc4a3002ee3c; 2016-08-23 at 11:00 AM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account

What ? the article in OP clearly states the judge upheld the school's decision. Means ban on niquab.

Deleted
    Because wearing specific clothes is what causes them to die
    Thinking religion has the level of relevance that they do, does.

Or option three: They tell you to go fuck yourself and come here with their own customs and just make sure to stay within our laws.
    Ah, yes, then we outlaw shit we don't like - Like the Burka!
    Oh and the reason we don't send them back, the Geneva convention, says they are to assimilate.
    So yeah, assimilate or emigrate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    So you have a 1 in something million chance of being killed by an extremist Muslim terrorist.

Meanwhile your chance of being arrested in Germany for wearing a Niqab is close to 1 in 1.

I wonder what the real problem is.
    The real problem is reading comprehension. Your chance of being arrested in Germany for wearing a Niqab is zero. Null. Zilch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    What ? the article in OP clearly states the judge upheld the school's decision. Means ban on niquab.
    Yup. Put the wrong word there accidentally, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Put the wrong word there accidentally, sorry.
    it happens...
    Ok, court was limited somewhat here, as the girl doesnt appeared in court. She lost the case by default, not by arguments. Until next case there is no real verdict.

so in your head people who dont want terorrist in EU are neo nazis ? guess according to you Saudia Arabia and ZEA are neo nazis too since they dont accept refugees either since they know perfekly most of them are potential terorists

10+ Year Old Account
    Understandable. Plus this has precedent.

Most schools (and commerces etc.) already have a ban on the Sikh doctrine of carrying a blade at all time.

Don't go around screaming muh religious freedom, until Sikhs can carry blades with them at all times.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    The problem is the security risk is this.

Police: "Take off the Niqab"
    Person: *detonates*

And how would not wearing one prevent this?

Deleted
    But it's not outlawed.
    'Then' :after that; next; afterwards.

No, it doesn't say that.
    Yes it does.

Islam and Christianity says a female should wear modest clothing, which is usually construed to covering ones hair. A full body veil is a cultural thing, and I personally see it as a symbol of oppression. It should not be allowed in countries that do not want it, and where it is incompatible with the native culture.
    RETH

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    'Then' :after that; next; afterwards.

Yes it does.
    No, that means they should strive to make it easier to assimilate, for those that want to. Not that refugees have to assimilate.