Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Good. I'm all for certain types of religious expression.

However, those that can be used by a prospective terrorist to mask their appearance have no place in society.

Don't like it, go to another country.

That's like a really dumb statement. They're part of a religion there are white Muslim Europeans who wear them. Should they leave their own country because of their religion?

Even the old persian and egyptian empires had alot better clothing for the women, to me the burqa is like a personal prison for the men to controll the women with the blue one looking ridiculous with just a little net where the face are.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-08-23 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Understandable. Plus this has precedent.

Most schools (and commerces etc.) already have a ban on the Sikh doctrine of carrying a blade at all time.

Don't go around screaming muh religious freedom, until Sikhs can carry blades with them at all times.

I had no idea weapons and garments were the same thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    No, that means they should strive to make it easier to assimilate, for those that want to. Not that refugees have to assimilate.
    That doesn't mean that they do not have to assimilate, because they do. The point of contention is how much do they need to assimilate, do they need to speak the language? Or is just having papers enough and assimilated? Or are there other/more things we expect from people who come to live here?
    I think everyone will answer these things differently, and although there is sort of a common census about it, there are still points of contention.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Allow full face covering in a public school and by next week half the class would suddenly become <insert religion allowing face covering for men> on test day and take tactical pauses in order to thank their deity halfway through it

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    That doesn't mean that they do not have to assimilate, because they do. The point of contention is how much do they need to assimilate, do they need to speak the language? Or is just having papers enough and assimilated? Or are there other/more things we expect from people who come to live here?
    I think everyone will answer these things differently, and although there is sort of a common census about it, there are still points of contention.

If a person is white. Born and raised in a European country. But is Muslim and wears a burqa are they now not assimilated to their own country because of their choice in religion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I had no idea weapons and garments were the same thing.
    Well, they can still wear headscarves.

But if you can't see how garments that entirely conceal identities, or what's underneath them can lead to some problems, then I am truly sorry for you.

Most schools don't allow masks either bdubs.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    If a person is white. Born and raised in a European country. But is Muslim and wears a burqa are they now not assimilated to their own country because of their choice in religion?
    bolded part means she is fuck shit assimilated. you can be muslim and avoid burka, it's not so difficult. lot of women can do the simple trick ?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Germany bans muslim teen from wearing niqab
    Left wing anarchists throwing rocks at cops while hiding their faces. Remember those?

Perhaps it is worth considering that masks in the public space could be a freedom that in abuse has been made too dangerous to maintain. Though sacrificing freedoms lightly for security leads to lightning through keys or something.

Terrorism just piles onto the reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Well, they can still wear headscarves.

But if you can't see how garments that entirely conceal identities, or what's underneath them can lead to some problems, then I am truly sorry for you.

Most schools don't allow masks either bdubs.
    A garment that conceals your identity isn't exactly a sword.

I don't give a damn what another person chooses to wear in class. Unfortunately, in most countries, children are not afforded all the freedoms that adults have. If they are going to ban one form of religious expression, they should ban them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Left wing anarchists throwing rocks at cops while hiding their faces. Remember those?

Perhaps it is worth considering that masks in the public space could be a freedom that in abuse has been made too dangerous to maintain. Though sacrificing freedoms lightly for security leads to lightning through keys or something.

Terrorism just piles onto the reasoning.

How many terrorist attacks have there been in the west by a person in a burqa?

Good public schools dont need nonsense like that. Public school is literally how you make your useless migrants useful, by upbringing their children in your community life style. If you let them be their parents propaganda in school, your investment was useless.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    What are you talking about?? If you don't want to die because of your crazy way of living you should not bring said crazy ways to your new habitat and fuck that up too.
    Would you complain if you had to circumcise your daughters, let your beard grow, get up at 5 to pray to a god you don't believe in etc? I'm not saying you would chose death instead, but would you just say "well, it's their country, better shut up and do exactly what they do without question"?
    Mother pus bucket!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Strangely i need zero to want a mask ban :P I want it with none, zero, zilch.

I am however willing to abuse the fear of cross dressing terrorists to get my goal

Edit: Or more specifically i would potentially be willing to and lean towards that
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2016-08-23 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A garment that conceals your identity isn't exactly a sword.
    Ok, but if you can't tell anything underneath it, how do you know there isn't a sword under there too (or explosives)? There are plenty of psychos in the world, you can't say it'll never happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Islam and Christianity says a female should wear modest clothing, which is usually construed to covering ones hair. A full body veil is a cultural thing, and I personally see it as a symbol of oppression. It should not be allowed in countries that do not want it, and where it is incompatible with the native culture.
    Denying people the right to wear what they want is oppressive.

You should be more conserned about the middleeast seeing as muslims are killing muslims the most, and seeing as women are the most common choice as suicide bombers in africa and im pretty sure isis use them alot to, could be the whole women are worth shit and all. Or it could be that they are easier to use as they can better hide the explosive vests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    You clearly don't understand Law, kid.
    So you're calling a 35 years old person kid because you don't like his opinion?

Apart from that i understand law, but what has law to do with my opinion here? what do you want to say? it's not illegal to wear this clothes, so i am not allowed to have a negative standing towards it?

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Denying people the right to wear what they want is oppressive.
    You cant wear caps / hats in school. I felt so oppressed in school.