Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is crazy how well informed you are. You have information on how various companies are run and how their security is or when and how they get attacked.

So I guess the info on https://twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN/...646465?lang=sv

"We continue to actively monitor an ongoing DDOS attack against network providers, affecting latency/connections to our games. #BlizzCS"

will be countered by you with the words "They are lying", right?

If the attack is against network providers but not Blizzard itself, they can't do much themselves I guess.

good time to remind people to run malware scans, funny thing is a few people complaining are likely apart of the attack.

Yeah the login servers are cooked, not that it matters the servers should be down now. I had a queue to get into battle.net itself which never finished so I logged into WoW manually and sat at #324 in queue for 20mins without it moving once. I gave up as the servers were due to go offline anyway and nothing was working

10+ Year Old Account
    More childish DDOS bullshit most likely.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    what kind of ISP does blizz use... ISPs off all people should have an easier time with DDOS attacks then individual companies.
    Telia for Europe

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a butthurt groups of Nostralius fans trying to crash B.net. Some moron on /vg/ was saying Nostards are trying to "get back" at Blizzard by DDoSing Legion.

Blizzard just gave an official response via the CS Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...098497?lang=en

Looks like it's a confirmed DDoS, as if that would surprise anyone :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Seems like a butthurt groups of Nostralius fans trying to crash B.net. Some moron on /vg/ was saying Nostards are trying to "get back" at Blizzard by DDoSing Legion.
    So to 'get back' at blizzard they are going to fuck up the game for all the players. And this retards don't think that it won't stop blizzard receiving the players month sub but simply fuck with the players wanting to play wow?

If they are responsible for it I'm glad they got fucked over with their server being closed if they are this immature.

I play on TW server and I can't login as well. Can't connect via launcher, can't connect to battlenet whether it's US or TW.

It's already pass dinner time..... so

Well good on them for doing it right before server downtime! Now's a good time to get some rest before the next bit of pre-patch goodness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    good time to remind people to run malware scans, funny thing is a few people complaining are likely apart of the attack.

If you live in Russia, Asia or Africa pretty good chance. Windows 10 being crammed down the world's throats and WoW not running for shit on Linux doesn't help.

Here. https://securelist.com/statistics/ Get a real Anti V too btw. Buy Kaspersky or something.

if that's the case it makes me extremely glad they shut that server down. But if they wanna DDoS Legion they are pretty retarded. Legion isn't even out yet and why would you DDoS on a night when the server is going to be shut down for maintenance anyway? seems a tad pointless. Though i'm assuming this would be affecting peoples ability to play Diablo, Hearthstone and overwatch? I'd assume so. I don't play them so I have no idea really

Oh well hopefully they'll catch them and stop that crap soon
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2016-08-23 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    EU here, managed to get in now, crisis averted.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    If you login the old way, still has a queue...

Blizz needs to fix their shit. If a script kiddie can take them down like this...man...
    You're right. Do you have the magical solution to mitigate a DDoS? No, thanks for playing but please be quiet.

It's not as easy as "block the DDoS" or they wouldn't be so prevalent.

Source: I have to mitigate them pretty much weekly.

It was working 20 mins ago. I logged out and now battle.net app is down and so is Blizzard website..

7+ Year Old Account
    7000ms home and world wtf. blizz made 1.1 billion dollars last year & still can't defend servers... Fix your shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    if that's the case it makes me extremely glad they shut that server down. But if they wanna DDoS Legion they are pretty retarded. Legion isn't even out yet and why would you DDoS on a night when the server is going to be shut down for maintenance anyway? seems a tad pointless.

Oh well hopefully they'll catch them and stop that crap soon
    Yeah, I was sympathetic to them losing their server now they can fuck off forever.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    7000ms home and world wtf. blizz made 1.1 billion dollars last year & still can't defend servers... Fix your shit.
    It's a DDoS attack. It blows my mind that people still think there is some way to completely halt a DDoS attack, even more hilarious people thinking that it is all at Blizzards end and not ISP that Blizzard bounce off.

Deleted
    RIP.

The entire EU side of things is dead right now.

I can't get past 4 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms se-fre.nordu.net [109.105.97.93] with any target IP.

That includes different subnets of theirs.

Maybe they got the Legion launch date wrong.
    The initial plan attack was suppose to be next week, but the boss is away on medical leave..