Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    This is like saying it's oppressive to remove someones shackles against their will. It is a symbol of subjugation. If it wasn't, then men would also wear full length veils.
    If they want to wear shackles then yes it would be. What part of removing someone's freedom to wear what they want don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Good. I'm all for certain types of religious expression.
    Against, keep your stupidity to yourself.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    If I took up a religion that had required me to sacrifice small animals with a hammer would you also champion my cause? Religious freedom is fine but there has to be limitations.
    Wearing a niqab doesn't actually cause harm to another. That would be no different than restricting the wearing of a cross on a necklace. The limitation should be when the expression of religious freedom infringes upon the freedoms of another. Wearing a niqab does not rise to that level.

A glimmer of hope for Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    It is when these clothings cover your face, in our culture we expect to see peoples faces, it is that simple. This is an unwritten rule that can be applied throughout western culture. So it is not against Muslims, but rather a culture clash. And you might find it silly, but when you go somewhere you adhere to their culture, not doing this is plainly rude.
    Who gives a shit if someone may find it rude? The act of being offended by a victimless action does not give a person justification to restrict that action.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    And not all of Europe is Christian, in fact most of Europe isn't.
    What ? there are of course some other religions here and there and seculiar rules exist, but "most europe isnt christian" is a very wide stretch.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2016-08-23 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    If they want to wear shackles then yes it would be. What part of removing someone's freedom to wear what they want don't you understand?
    Because it's a cultural requirement that does not conform to the west standards. People are not stopping ladies from wearing head veils and hair coverings, just a full length covering that can potentially hide malicious and dangerous intent. I expect if the climate was a lot different then no one would have an issue, but it isn't.
    RETH

It is when these clothings cover your face, in our culture we expect to see peoples faces, it is that simple. This is an unwritten rule that can be applied throughout western culture. So it is not against Muslims, but rather a culture clash. And you might find it silly, but when you go somewhere you adhere to their culture, not doing this is plainly rude.
    I don't mind people thinking it's rude, people not wanting to talk to people covering their face for cultural reasons etc. But you shouldn't make anything illegal for cultural reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    No, that means they should strive to make it easier to assimilate, for those that want to. Not that refugees have to assimilate.
    No, it says the refugees are to be assimilated.

If I want to dress like a ninja, then let me dress like a ninja. If you think it's rude, or it offends you, then look away. My ninja outfit is not hurting anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Who gives a shit if someone may find it rude? The act of being offended by a victimless action does not give a person justification to restrict that action.
    It is not about "being offended" it is about "being able to see someone's face", there are rules about that everywhere, just because this is some "special group" they should not have to obey these rules? I'm pretty sure a white dude can't sit in class with a motor helmet on either, for the exact same reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Because it's a cultural requirement that does not conform to the west standards. People are not stopping ladies from wearing head veils and hair coverings, just a full length covering that can potentially hide malicious and dangerous intent. I expect if the climate was a lot different then no one would have an issue, but it isn't.
    it is a pathetic attempt to court support from xenophobes. It can't possibly have any impact on terrorism because it is not commonly used as a method to disguise explosives and even if it were, other methods could replace it quite easily.

More likely it will help alienate muslims and increase the chance of a terrorist attack.

it is forbidden to wear a hat during lessons too, so dont make something big out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    What ? there are of course some other religions here and there and seculiar rules exist, but "most europe isnt christian" is a very wide stretch.
    Most of Europe are not Christian countries, think Ireland is, and maybe Spain from the top of my head, and Poland?? But most countries are secular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Would you complain if you had to circumcise your daughters, let your beard grow, get up at 5 to pray to a god you don't believe in etc?
    Don't give a shit.
    Assimilate or leave.

Seeing niqab through freedom glasses is such a nonsense. Our liberals did the same mistake. Headscarf freedom bullshit started from 'muslim brotherhood' organization. Women in islamic countries have none of these rights that these women have yet they cry about not being able to be oppressed. I would like these women to go to afghanistan and actually see islamic rule there.

It is not about "being offended" it is about "being able to see someone's face", there are rules about that everywhere, just because this is some "special group" they should not have to obey these rules? I'm pretty sure a white dude can't sit in class with a motor helmet on either, for the exact same reasons.
    But the OP made it more than that, by also pushing to ban hijabs and other religious wear. He's not pushing the issue for face coverings (which is still ridiculous), he's pushing it out of bigotry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Don't give a shit.
    Assimilate or leave.
    It's nice to know you have such a hatred of freedom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    "What are you talking about??"
    You said you should conform to the country's laws and culture because you should gtfo otherwise. I say that you might find that difficult in certain situations, even when the alternative is no future at all.
    Well no - You are entitled to asylum.
    That means you are entitled to continue being alive, and to be treated just like everyone else there.
    If you don't like that, tough luck, life ain't fair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    it is forbidden to wear a hat during lessons too, so dont make something big out of it.
    Yeah you said that and everyone ignored because it is fucking stupid. Professions and public institutions have dress codes-for pragmatic reasons, exceptions are always made for reasons of personal faith and religous freedom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's nice to know you have such a hatred of freedom.
    You are making a strawman out of my position.
    My position is that a refugee is Obliged, to assimilate - That means if the new country feels like banning cultural practices, of any kind, that they hold dear it's:
    Tough luck, life ain't fair.
    The receiving state has zero obligation, and the refugee zero rights to maintain their fucking culture - It says so in the fucking Geneva convention.