Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Laws are not always fair. And I don't know what German law says about this.

No, cultural appropriation is a cancerous concept, it is not a cancerous action. There is nothing wrong in "appropriating" someone's culture, as long as it is not done with evil intent. No one gets a monopoly on culture, on its symbols, on its language, on anything.

Regardless of this all, being offended by someone changing a freaking flag is something special.

When I said just a few days ago that people on this website would support Hitler soon, I didn't know I wasn't joking, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but this is outright nonsense.
    Laws dealing with cultural symbols, governmental or religious heraldry and the like are more than fair. That you don’t like them and really at the core of your being are a complete relativist makes you the least notable type to actually discuss these things as they hold no actual value to you and are interchangeable and open to immediate and subjective interpretations, without finite form.

Cultural appropriation is both, cancerous in concept and in action. There’s no premise under which someone can take and mishandle a cultures’ symbols, effects, meanings or history and it be a good thing. It’s altogether a terrible, disgusting thing. Intent is irrelevant. Cultural monopoly belongs to those to whom the culture applies, and there is a natural duty to the preservation of said culture that implies the accurate representation of it. Again this isn’t relative, it’s a hard line that you either honor by not crossing or cross and knowingly defame.

You’re really not in any position to say what is special about someone being offended by this, as these symbols hold no meaning and no value to you. Speaking contrarily about things you really couldn’t give a fuck about is a poor way to represent that ambivalence.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but this is outright nonsense.
    Not at all. Might want to actually get out of the Dating thread once in awhile if you're that unaware of the monolithic structure of religion/culture/politics/law that takes place under Islam.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Laws dealing with cultural symbols, governmental or religious heraldry and the like are more than fair. That you don’t like them and really at the core of your being are a complete relativist makes you the least notable type to actually discuss these things as they hold no actual value to you and are interchangeable and open to immediate and subjective interpretations, without finite form.

Cultural appropriation is both, cancerous in concept and in action. There’s no premise under which someone can take and mishandle a cultures’ symbols, effects, meanings or history and it be a good thing. It’s altogether a terrible, disgusting thing. Intent is irrelevant. Cultural monopoly belongs to those to whom the culture applies, and there is a natural duty to the preservation of said culture that implies the accurate representation of it. Again this isn’t relative, it’s a hard line that you either honor by not crossing or cross and knowingly defame.

You’re really not in any position to say what is special about someone being offended by this, as these symbols hold no meaning and no value to you. Speaking contrarily about things you really couldn’t give a fuck about is a poor way to represent that ambivalence.
    Sorry, but I won't even argue against such a totalitarian point of view. It is just completely alien to me, I don't even know where to start criticizing it.

Not at all. Might want to actually get out of the Dating thread once in awhile if you're that unaware of the monolithic structure of religion/culture/politics/law that takes place under Islam.
    *yawn*
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Sorry, but I won't even argue against such a totalitarian point of view. It is just completely alien to me, I don't even know where to start criticizing it.

*yawn*
    That you think it's totalitarian shows how you don't understand it, or totalitarianism. Then again relativists see anything but absolute relativism as totalitarian, funny because relativism itself is a manifested form of authoritarian control just with a mutable, contradictory, shifting ethos and composition.

Exactly what I expected from you.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It's nonsense because that was a mixing of two flags. That's it.
    Though I am sure that some people might see this as a plot to overthrow Western society and turn us into a caliphate.
    But hey, some people see that in everything!

No, what he did was mixing two flags.
    A judge would never sentence this guy for defacing the flag.

So you're saying a flag is a cultural thing and shouldn't be used by people from a different culture even when they are citizens of that country?
    Mixing the flags is defacing them, it's pretty cut and dry. That you don't agree doesn't make it not so.

de·face (dĭ-fās′)
    tr.v. de·faced, de·fac·ing, de·fac·es
    1. To mar or spoil the appearance or surface of; disfigure.
    2. To impair the usefulness, value, or influence of.
    3. Obsolete: To obliterate; destroy.
    The first two are far more valid than the third, though it does apply thematically and symbolically.

A judge that wouldn't sentence him for defacing the flag is one fucking poor judge, that's for sure.

A flag shouldn't be defaced by anyone, pure and simple. Especially not a citizen, but certainly not by anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    A flag shouldn't be defaced by anyone, pure and simple. Especially not a citizen, but certainly not by anyone.
    Strange that in another thread you complain about the government restricting freedoms too much, while in this you advocate for such an insane thing as restricting people's freedoms for introducing changes into a damn flag.

So, I guess, that's how it is: you only mind government restricting freedoms, as long as you personally need those freedoms. It is always like this with the majority of people.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Strange that in another thread you complain about the government restricting freedoms too much, while in this you advocate for such an insane thing as restricting people's freedoms for introducing changes into a damn flag.

So, I guess, that's how it is: you only mind government restricting freedoms, as long as you personally need those freedoms. It is always like this with the majority of people.
    It's not the place of any single individual to change the appearance of a flag unless they're operating with due sanction to change the flag officially. Changing the flag on a whim, or doing it with some specific purpose regardless of what it is or means is sacrilegious, as I said previously.

You make a false equivalence comparing my concern of restriction of freedoms with this, which again shows how little you actually understand the things you're discussing. The concern with defacing a flag, any flag is something that goes far beyond governmental concerns, as the flag is a standard of ideals that the government actually springs out of, not vice versa. Really if you're going to attempt to take potshots you should actually understand things, but relativists usually do not because well, it's all relative.

What I see is a person saying essentially, "Turks or Germans, we are all friends and a part of something good".
    They are part of something good, Germany, which has a certain flag, not some kind of Turkish exclave that was symbolized by Muslim signs added to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the place of any single individual to change the appearance of a flag unless they're operating with due sanction to change the flag officially. Changing the flag on a whim, or doing it with some specific purpose regardless of what it is or means is sacrilegious, as I said previously.

You make a false equivalence comparing my concern of restriction of freedoms with this, which again shows how little you actually understand the things you're discussing. The concern with defacing a flag, any flag is something that goes far beyond governmental concerns, as the flag is a standard of ideals that the government actually springs out of, not vice versa. Really if you're going to attempt to take potshots you should actually understand things, but relativists usually do not because well, it's all relative.
    You do realize that this is the exact same reasoning any totalitarian government gives to justify restriction of freedoms, right? "We are not restricting your freedoms, we are just protecting you from evil elements that want to shake the foundation of our society!" Funny how you aren't seeing this.

It isn't about "relative", I don't know why you keep picking on this word. It is about individual freedoms and lack of anyone's monopoly on symbols. But, well... I'm probably wasting my breath. "Freedoms, for those who share our values! Protect us from everyone else!"

Confession time: last time I was at a baseball game, I neglected to stand, remove my hat, and put my hand over my heart when the US anthem was played. Instead, I took the opportunity to to pee and buy a Cuban sandwich (really good actually).

What? Yup, the lines were shorter.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Confession time: last time I was at a baseball game, I neglected to stand, remove my hat, and put my hand over my heart when the US anthem was played. Instead, I took the opportunity to to pee and buy a Cuban sandwich (really good actually).

What? Yup, the lines were shorter.
    Now that's I call a practical approach!

This whole debacle just goes to show what happens when you become an ascended cuck. It all begins when your gf says that she wants to try something different, and you the beta (German gov) says "ok" and end up watching some Arab dick your gf. Now for you (Germany) this one cuck sesh made you excited and soon you find more and more Arabs knocking on your door to fuck your gf, even when you aren't home. Now it's no longer your home. It's now the home of Muhammad and his buddies while they pound your pure, white gf into the dirt, and her genes with her.

Can't blame the Muslims though. They're used to fucking goats in the desert so a pure Aryan pussy is a whole new world for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eerie Memes View Post
    I bet Hitler is rolling over in his grave while Ahmad and Muhammad are running a train on Brunhilde in Berlin lmao. How did you guys go from the nation that would reshape Europe to a land of cucklords in just 70 years? Oh well, allahu akbar I guess.
    Someone's not been paying attention to historical facts. Hitler was an ardent admirer of Muslims especially from Arab lands granting them their own respectable genealogy - which in Nazi speech meant: You are almost as pure as us Aryans! - he worked closely together with Muslim personalities such as Amin al-Husseini and granted him the honorary title of SS Major General. He also had this to say about Muslims: "The peoples of Islam will always be closer to us than for instance France" and "The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?". I don't know, seems like Hitler would did got along fine with Islam more than you think.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    More so the founding of present day USA lol.
    When was present day USA founded?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Yep, and the swastika is the symbol of the Budist faith only and means purity, right?
    Depends on your usage of the swastika.

Since it´s used on a flag and was used ever since on flags by countries that were part of the former ottoman empire, i can´t see this is a symbol of islam.

So you either think islamists don´t know their symbols or they deliberately use a symbol that people don´t attribute to them.
    Last edited by Mayhem; 2016-08-23 at 10:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Someone's not been paying attention to historical facts. Hitler was an ardent admirer of Muslims especially from Arab lands granting them their own respectable genealogy - which in Nazi speech meant: You are almost as pure as us Aryans! - he worked closely together with Muslim personalities such as Amin al-Husseini and granted him the honorary title of SS Major General. He also had this to say about Muslims: "The peoples of Islam will always be closer to us than for instance France" and "The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?". I don't know, seems like Hitler would did got along fine with Islam more than you think.
    Eh what? Hitler admired Islamism because of its violent tendencies to spread faith by blood. Arabs and their geographical population was still deemed very much inferior to other races: aryan, mediterranean etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eerie Memes View Post
    This whole debacle just goes to show what happens when you become an ascended cuck. It all begins when your gf says that she wants to try something different, and you the beta (German gov) says "ok" and end up watching some Arab dick your gf. Now for you (Germany) this one cuck sesh made you excited and soon you find more and more Arabs knocking on your door to fuck your gf, even when you aren't home. Now it's no longer your home. It's now the home of Muhammad and his buddies while they pound your pure, white gf into the dirt, and her genes with her.

Can't blame the Muslims though. They're used to fucking goats in the desert so a pure Aryan pussy is a whole new world for them.
    Hint: Adults don't use words like "cuck" or "beta" in a political debate to hide their insecurities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    Eh what? Hitler admired Islamism because of its violent tendencies to spread faith by blood. Arabs and their geographical population was still deemed very much inferior to other races: aryan, mediterranean etc.
    All people of non-Germanic origin were considered inferior but that's been codified within ideology. It has been disputed whether the ideological racism he displayed initially actually played a real role in the later days of war. Given the fact however that he did enjoy a lot of support from anti-British Arab Muslims - which was important for people like Rommel - he kept his focus solely on Jews and targeted minorities which lived in the occupied zones. Even so as time went by so did the number of SS divisions, two SS divisions were Muslim ones under the spiritual guidance of the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem. Hitler admired their zeal and wished that the ordinary Christian German would have that too. He explicitly lamented that Charles Martel won otherwise a much more powerful islamized Germanic race would have conquered the world already. Hitler's prime objective was to cleanse the world from Jewish and Bolshevik elements and you will find hate for both is still prevalent among both, radical Muslims and rightwing extremists alike.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    When was present day USA founded?

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on your usage of the swastika.

Since it´s used on a flag and was used ever since on flags by countries that were part of the former ottoman empire, i can´t see this is a symbol of islam.

So you either think islamists don´t know their symbols or they deliberately use a symbol that people don´t attribute to them.
    "Star and crescent

A star (or stars) and crescent featuring in some combination form the basis of symbols widely found across the ancient world, with examples attested from the Eastern Mediterranean, Persia and Central Asia.[1]

The symbol emerged into popular use during the 19th century as a modernistic national symbol for the Ottoman Empire during the Westernizing Tanzimat reforms. The Ottoman flag of 1844 with a white "ay-yıldız" (Turkish for "crescent-star") on a red background continues to be in use as the flag of the Republic of Turkey with minor modifications. Other states formerly part of the Ottoman Empire also used the symbol, including Libya (1951–1969 and after 2011), Tunisia (1956) and Algeria (1958). The same symbol was used in other national flags introduced during the 20th century, including the flags of Azerbaijan (1918), Pakistan (1947), Malaysia (1948), and Mauritania (1959).

During the 1950s to 1960s, the symbol was re-interpreted as the symbol of Islam or the Muslim community.[2] By the 1970s, this symbolism was embraced by movements of Arab nationalism or Islamism, such as the proposed Arab Islamic Republic (1974) and the American Nation of Islam (1973).[3]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_and_crescent

I'd love to see the percentage of people who use the star and crescent as an ottoman empire culture symbol vs the number of people that use it as a reference to Islam.

I mean Malaysia is 100% ottoman, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    I'd love to see the percentage of people who use the star and crescent as an ottoman empire culture symbol vs the number of people that use it as a reference to Islam.

I mean Malaysia is 100% ottoman, right?
    It´s on the page you´ve linked, you just have to scroll down.

Also, the star used by malaysia is vastly different from the one used by ottoman empire successor states.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Maybe we should more concern about all the naziflag waving mericans or asians but nah muslim bashing is more fun.
    When those nazi flag wavers bomb innocents by the 1000s or are major causes of crime in western europe, let me know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    When those nazi flag wavers bomb innocents by the 1000s or are major causes of crime in western europe, let me know.
    http://cco.ndu.edu/Publications/PRIS...and-issues-fo/

Germany
    The Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution (Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz [BfV]), the German domestic intelligence service, estimated that there were 21,000 far-right extremist activists in 2014, including approximately 7,200 from the subcultural milieu (for example, “skinheads”), 5,600 neo-Nazis, and an estimated 6,850 members of far-right parties.51 Of these 21,000 extremists, German authorities regard a full 50 percent (10,500) as “violence oriented,” meaning they are prepared to use violence to advance their political goals.52 Although the number of activists has decreased slightly over the last few years—from an estimated 22,150 in 2012—the number of right wing-motivated crimes certainly has not. In 2014, German authorities counted 1,029 violent hate crimes (“right-wing politically motivated”), including more than 900 cases of criminal assault, an increase of 22.9 percent and 23.3 percent, respectively, from the previous year.53 This surge occurred even before 2015, when the largest numbers of refugees arrived in Germany. In 2014, 26 violent attacks on mosques were perpetrated by right-wing extremists—a number dwarfed by the explosive increase in violent right-wing attacks against refugee homes in recent years.54 While authorities counted 58 of these incidents in 201355, right-wing extremists attacked refugee homes 175 times in 2014. In 2015, the Federal Criminal Police (Bundeskriminalamt [BKA]) counted 901 violent acts against refugee shelters by individuals with a right-wing background, out of 1,005 total attacks.56 Ninety-four of these attacks were arson, compared with just six arson attacks in 2014. This increase reflects a strong radicalization within the German far-right, especially in regard to the open use of violence, resembling the wave of arson attacks against refugee homes in the early 1990s following German reunification.