Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    omfg... your paying 50 cents or less a day to play... and for it to be down for 1 fucking hour because of a ddos, omfg your fucking 1 cent, oh my god you should sue them for that cent bro!
    actually I'd find that very entertaining if he did try to sue blizzard for it, that would make my day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Electryon View Post
    I have no reason to believe everything you say isn't totally true. But if that is the case, then the simple fact is that Blizzard can really NEVER guarantee that their games will be accessible on their servers, because they are close to impotent to stop DDos attacks, and are totally at the mercy of the people who are attacking at any given time. So Blizzard is charging $15 dollars a month for a game that they can't possibly provide a reasonable expectation of service from. It's sort of immaterial whether it's their "fault" or not. The fact that they have been shut down by DDos 4 times in the past month means their servers are at the whim of hackers at any given moment.
    you are correct, any and all websites and online services are susceptible to ddos attacks, just some are targeted more then others, and yes you are paying 50 cents a day to play, and for it to be down for 1 hour ,that is 2 cents wasted... omfg... man...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    i imagine it's much alike kids throwing a tantrum because mommy took their toys away or didn't buy them candy.
    or maybe it makes em feel powerful/important in some way.
    I guess so. We should be able to shock them via their PCs in return, pain usually helps in learning. :P

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    Doubtful. not many aborigines play wow.
    First aborigines, then blacks. Edit it all you like, but don't come here just to post personal attacks. Yes he's being overreactive but he's got a point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    Blizzard doesn't give you an SLA agreement for your $15/mo so your point is moot.
    I don't give a rip about the money, and I'm not talking about it from a legal perspective. I'm simply stating the fact that Blizzard has been uniquely targeted and vulnerable to this the past month, and during the launch of the last expansion. I mean, if anyone took time off work for the Legion launch, I suggest you just cancel it and go into your job, because the chances of this happening next week are near 100%.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    I said the truth and you have butthurt lol. blizzard should protect their games because ,we players are paying FOR THIS.
    well maybe you should sue them, for comical purposes I would love to see the courts throw the book at you for your mere stupidity...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    I know EXACTLY how to fix this, and prevent future attacks.

Work with the ISP, find out who has the CP to the VM.

Drone strike the motherfucker. Publicize it. Repeat as necessary. It's an act of terrorism and should be treated just as one would treat a Hamas bomb-making facility.

you are correct, any and all websites and online services are susceptible to ddos attacks, just some are targeted more then others, and yes you are paying 50 cents a day to play, and for it to be down for 1 hour ,that is 2 cents wasted... omfg... man...
    That and 9 times out of 10 when there is a major outage, Blizzard will credit your account for the time lost.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post

Drone strike the motherfucker. Publicize it. Repeat as necessary. It's an act of terrorism and should be treated just as one would treat a Hamas bomb-making facility.
    lol yeah... sure... mhm... totally... yeah man.... yeah bro.... blizz should tottally send in their drones, protoss or terran your choice?

7+ Year Old Account
    omfg... your paying 50 cents or less a day to play... and for it to be down for 1 fucking hour because of a ddos, omfg your fucking 2 cent, oh my god you should sue them for that 2 cent bro!
    still paying. its still a money. my money

Quote Originally Posted by Electryon View Post
    I don't give a rip about the money, and I'm not talking about it from a legal perspective. I'm simply stating the fact that Blizzard has been uniquely targeted and vulnerable to this the past month, and during the launch of the last expansion. I mean, if anyone took time off work for the Legion launch, I suggest you just cancel it and go into your job, because the chances of this happening next week are near 100%.....

It has nothing do with a legal perspective, SLA = service level agreement. No where in your EULA or payment plan does it state they guarantee x amount of uptime. Your $15/mo is a subscription to play, nothing more nothing less. You can say that blizzard inherently has a responsibility to ensure people can play but again, you cannot completely prevent DDoS attacks when you have public I.P addresses for your infrastructure. All you can do is reroute traffic, change I.P. addresses and hope it goes away.

Launch day is also always a cluster fuck so people should understand that its going to happen and not get all butthurt when it happens. Hell I remember TBC launch..hellfire peninsula was such a cluster fuck, between the lag, constant PVP, no mobs literally because people were fighting to tag them to complete quests, NPCs bugged out, etc. Yes blizzard has learned from mistakes but DDoS is just not something they can prevent. Yes they can plan for it and have redundancies in place with DNS/pointers for new I.P.s but that's about it. You block traffic reassign I.P.s and rinse/repeat.
    Last edited by Thelin; 2016-08-23 at 12:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken42 View Post
    That and 9 times out of 10 when there is a major outage, Blizzard will credit your account for the time lost.
    ^^^ we are credited time for matinence, and for large scale attacks, like for wods launch everyone got a week of play time

10+ Year Old Account

edgy as fuck mate

Everybody loves drone strikes on american soil!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    still paying
    yeah god man, you know who else you should sue? starbucks, they gave you one less drop of cofee then they should have, what fucking assholes, you pay for their services and you deserbve every single drop you pay for, go to starbucks right now and demand at gunpoint your fucking drop of cofee you paid for man

Quote Originally Posted by StangMan04 View Post
    Apparently Bliz doesn't have any DDOS mitigation appliances. Shame since this probably happens alot.
    Hint: It is not Blizzard getting DDOSed. It is the ISPs that service them.

7+ Year Old Account

lol yeah... sure... mhm... totally... yeah man.... yeah bro.... blizz should tottally send in their drones, protoss or terran your choice?
    Google just bought one, pick up some "dumb" Russian or nork bombs, and you are in business. It would be an awesome business venture to run offshore I'm thinking. "ddos-stop express.com. eh?

Who DDOSes the game at 8 am lol??
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

This is 1000% an issue with Blizzard.

If it were my ISP being attacked then why can I use my ISP to access Rift, Steam, Final Fantasy, Minecraft, Google CHrome, and Firefox ?

Guess what is not working? Battle.net or any Blizzard games.

I don't care about whatever insignificant fraction of money is "lost" during downtime, you are "losing" money" when you sleep or go to work as well if that's the way you look at it. But in my mind there is simply no way Blizzard isn't going to get hammered with these attacks next Tuesday. The chance that we don't see a repeat of the Warlords launch is pretty much zero at this point. This is the 4th major attack in a month, and those haven't even really been at significant times.