Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When do you guys think we'll have a solid idea of where we stand as DPS? Everything is still being tuned at the moment, but I love playing Unholy DK. Unfortunately I play with a guild that is trying for US top #75-- so if the class is low on the charts, I'll have to play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by randomnation View Post
    When do you guys think we'll have a solid idea of where we stand as DPS? Everything is still being tuned at the moment, but I love playing Unholy DK. Unfortunately I play with a guild that is trying for US top #75-- so if the class is low on the charts, I'll have to play something else.
    If thats the case im assuming your going to have a Rogue/Moonkin/Mage as a main ALT geared on the side correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    If thats the case im assuming your going to have a Rogue/Moonkin/Mage as a main ALT geared on the side correct?
    Of course. I'd much rather stick with DK, though. Especially considering how much of our raid wears leather now.
    Last edited by randomnation; 2016-08-19 at 10:19 PM.

Which trinkets will be the best pre raid for unholy? darkmoon or alchemy? or none of them?

I could be wrong. But imo, the Darkmoon one seems a bit...underwhelming. The strength on it is good but the proc amount seems crap. The alchemy trinket seems very strong though. I would wait for final sims of course. But you cant go wrong with the Alchemy one.

Just referring to those 2 trinkets though. None of the others.

The crit on the Darkmoon card isn't a proc, it's a static amount that will shuffle between 668 and 1336

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    The crit on the Darkmoon card isn't a proc, it's a static amount that will shuffle between 668 and 1336
    That does make it stronger. But the varying amount just seems like unnecessary RNG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moppy View Post
    Which trinkets will be the best pre raid for unholy? darkmoon or alchemy? or none of them?
    id say a horn of valor, at 840 its about 3kmain stat o use for 30sec on 2min cd with someting in 700passive versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by moppy View Post
    Ettin Fingernail and Hunger of the Pack.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    do you want to death coil between each scourge strike to get the 15% damage buff everytime?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    do you want to death coil between each scourge strike to get the 15% damage buff everytime?
    Necrosis is not worth taking. Shadow Infusion is better, so pool RP as the buff is nearing its end.

i cant wrap my head around why people that dont even have an active account have feel they're opinion on a class design is in anyway valid since they have done no emperical research. these forums are just a circlejerk for people needing attention

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Ettin Fingernail and Hunger of the Pack.
    Ettin Fingernail is RNG to get isn't it from World Bosses? and How is Hunger of the Pack best as well, the equip is pretty ass for PvE only the stats are decent, Wouldn't chaos talisman/horn of valor.

I actually think Memento of Angerboda is the Best gives base agi or str, and can proc 3 buffs for 8 seconds, 825 ilvl of it procs crit, haste or mastery and can proc all 3 at once for 8 seconds gives 1189 rating of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Ettin Fingernail is RNG to get isn't it from World Bosses? and How is Hunger of the Pack best as well, the equip is pretty ass for PvE only the stats are decent, Wouldn't chaos talisman/horn of valor.

I actually think Memento of Angerboda is the Best gives base agi or str, and can proc 3 buffs for 8 seconds, 825 ilvl of it procs crit, haste or mastery and can proc all 3 at once for 8 seconds gives 1189 rating of each.
    Raw Str > Everything else.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Raw Str > Everything else.
    Memento of Angerboda has raw str

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Memento of Angerboda has raw str
    But no static secondaries. Static is always better than proc.

- - - Updated - - -

Current rendition is broken, but those static stats are worth their weight in gold.

Deleted
    Due to not being able to use 2x on use trinkets at once, a static stat stick á la Ettin Fingernail might be good. The on-use is likely going to be Horn.

I still think Horn + Memento will be the way to go for us, simply due to how often Memento can proc. I have one on beta, and it procs all the damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by Veilyn View Post
    Due to not being able to use 2x on use trinkets at once, a static stat stick á la Ettin Fingernail might be good. The on-use is likely going to be Horn.

I still think Horn + Memento will be the way to go for us, simply due to how often Memento can proc. I have one on beta, and it procs all the damn time.
    That has always been my prefered trinket set up, 1 proc/static and 1 clicky.

- - - Updated - - -

Came across a bug and reported it, this might cause a minor nerf to unholy thou...

Was doing some testing and i noticed that when specced into Icecap and you crit with OB it only takes 1 second off when it should take 2 seconds off because you crit with both MH and OH. For Unholy when we take Castigator it makes a SS crit pop an extra wound but if both the physical and shadow portion crit it pops 2 extra wounds.

These talents do the same thing, an extra effect when an attack crits. Both attacks have 2 actual hits that can crit individually. Why would one double dip but not the other? One of them has to be bugged

It's not a bug, it was made that way to prevent Frostscythe letting you reduce Pillars CD/proccing many avalanche procs in one GCD. It used to work where if you used it, it crit on multiple mobs, and reduced Pillar by the number of crits/procced avalanche once for each mob hit. They fixed that for obvious reasons, so it's not a bug on either side. Frost has a way to abuse it like crazy, Unholy does not, so it was fixed as thus so that Icecap/Avalanche can only proc once per gcd and Castigor was left alone.

I rarely get any memento procs. Nightmare egg shell on the other hand is practically up all the time, giving you a nice haste buff.