Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So My Friends Won't Play With Me Because Racials...

So I've played since vanilla. I primarily played Horde, but during WoD when many of my friends stopped playing and one of my buddies that still played wanted to go alliance, I had nothing to do in WoD, so I worked hard and build up a bunch of Alliance 100s, we built a guild etc, as my other friends trickled back for Legion, they have come over to play with us on Alliance... Except two of my buddies that I really want to pvp with.

They literally won't go Alliance even to play with us cause " horde racials are too strong" they think it will make a big difference in getting Glad or not....

So I ask pvp community... Is this reasonable? Are Horde racials in Legion going to be so much better that it will make or break glad, like big deal...?

Any input I would really appreciate thanks..

Its not about racials per say for majority of pvpers, it only matters for top 1-5% of Arena players. However, it does matter where majority of pvpers will migrate. So lets say in Legion, IF (not say this will happen) 95% of all pvpers will migrate to Horde from Alliance, your friends on Horde side are correct not wanting to xfer to Alliance, since it will be very hard to find PvP teams or RBG grps with 5% of pvpers IF 95% of all PvPers move to Horde.

However, racials themselves do not really matter unless its 1-5% top end PvPers. I would suggest your friends just lvl a toon on Alliance and play Ally toon with you and play their mains on Horde, problem solved, if they have time to play both toons.

P.S. In legion PvP titles cut offs will be based on % of each side, not an overall % (as it is now), this hopefully would equalize somewhat ratio of PvPers on both sides, or you we will see a sudden migrations to the lower sides of teams who will want an "easier" glad or about to be boosted players.

Okay so again let me specify. I AM talking about the top 1%, I'm talking about Gladiator. And having them main horde while I main Ally is THE issue, I don't care about alts not going for Glad.

So how any why are the Horde racials so much better for the 1℅ for those competing to get Glad. Couple dedicated friends is all we need to hit Glad, don't need the whole twitch streamer fachild community.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if that's the case it seems like a huge design flaw and failure on Blizzards part..
    Someone literally won't play with their friends because racial balance is that big for top level competition.
    . Like really...
    Shouldn't they hominize the racials.. like Humans and orcs have the same racials with different thematic names, Tauren = Dwarf etc etc....

Edit: a typo
    Last edited by Vexfu; 2016-08-23 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshia View Post
    Shouldn't they hominize the racials.. like Humans and orcs have the same racials with different thematic names, Tauren = Dwarf etc etc....
    Frankly, they shouldn't homogenize them, just remove them in arenas and the problem solves itself. "Racial traits and effects no longer work in PvP." would make it back to the skill of the player, not one little feature that can and has made the difference in top end arena play.

If your friends won't play with you due to them not wanting to go Alliance, you really have two choices; Make a Horde character or don't play with them.

Yes, Blizzard should do something, but that something needs to be for PvP, not both PvE and PvP. Treat them like two separate games within the same game, that's really the only way.

So basically you are saying it does matter, a lot. Like I will eventually level up my horde toons, but I'm coming at this from a main going hard first couple months view. So I appreciate the input but u still have more friends on Ally, I'm just kind of bummed it's that big of a deal ya know. So it's orcs right now that are crazy and the nerf of humans?

In my opinion, if you are talking about Glad or higher game play, racials matter, like walking dead, DK (BE) WW (ORC) are better off than 2x Human, small things like these do give a bit of advantage over the other guys. Or if u are training a healer and both melee go BE in legion, lets say Ret/Rog/Healer aoe silence def comes very very handy.

In legion Orc racial combined with 3rd talent to the right from 1st row PvP talents making stuns last much much less, for example for WW or DKs this huge, even for shammies i think this will be best racial.

For Ret, if we are training Healers comps like in example above, personally i find AOE silence the best.

So in short, yes racials do matter or there would be no mass migrations in MOP to Horde, in WOD to Alliance and Blizzard wouldnt be making its millions on xfer fees. Blizzard does it on purpose each xpac, making opposite faction racials stronger. They state it is part of the game's flavor + Race Lore, so racials are staying for good.

well in their defense, the orc racial is kind of broken at the moment..

Deleted
    Titles will be granted per faction now.

Gladiator? No, it doesn't really matter.
    Rank 1 it could matter depending on who you play with and your comp.
    Orc stun duration will be nerfed again, I would put money on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Exactly this. Rewards are now given to the top of each faction. You dn't have to be at the top, just at the top of the alliance. It might even be easier to get gladiator in the alliance if most of the good pvp players go horde.

Deleted
    So it begins....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    this only means that you can now choose between Orc and Human, whilst in WoD you had to play Human in PvP.

so Undead, Gnome, Nightelf, Bloodelf and all the other cool races ARE still WORSE in PvP BECAUSE of RACIALS.

sorry...but not being able to play the race I like best because of racials makes me sad.

Ask them if they'd really pick "better" racials over playing with friends. Hopefully that'll make them realize how stupid the whole deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    this only means that you can now choose between Orc and Human, whilst in WoD you had to play Human in PvP.

so Undead, Gnome, Nightelf, Bloodelf and all the other cool races ARE still WORSE in PvP BECAUSE of RACIALS.

sorry...but not being able to play the race I like best because of racials makes me sad.
    Unless you play at the very very top levels, racials don't matter.

I have a hard time believing all these people who claim they are Cdew-caliber players yet ask very simple questions about racials. If people like the OP are such PVP pros, they could have had a simple glance at the Legion changes and then had everything figured out without asking on a forum.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Unless you play at the very very top levels, racials don't matter.
    it doesn't really matter what rating you play on, tbh. having an advantage (no matter how tiny it may be) can decide games at any rating.
    if our Dragon Slayers want to hold on to their precious racials then that is fine with me. Blizzard should just deactivate them in PvP, just like they deactivated trinkets in Legion. in Legion there are buttons on your bar that you can not use in PvP...why not make racials be one of them?

Gnome, nelf, and belf racials are all really good though. Nelf is awesome for druid and rogue restealthing and dropping combat. Gnome has a root/snare break on a 1 min cd, it's good for warriors, rogues, and hunters. Belf has an aoe silence that is great for melee, it was the strongest horde racial in wod, and will probably continue to be in Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furious Spoon View Post
    Gnome, nelf, and belf racials are all really good though. Nelf is awesome for druid and rogue restealthing and dropping combat. Gnome has a root/snare break on a 1 min cd, it's good for warriors, rogues, and hunters. Belf has an aoe silence that is great for melee, it was the strongest horde racial in wod, and will probably continue to be in Legion.
    it doesn't matter how you look at it.

there are more scenarios where the Human and Orc racial is useful than there are scenarios where any other racial is useful.

yes, you might break an important slow as a gnome to win a match.
    yes, you might bloodelf silence the healer to win a match.
    yes, you might melt one crucial CC effect to win a match.

but winning a match because of the Orc or Human racial will happen much more frequently than any of the scenarios listed above.

it doesn't really matter what rating you play on, tbh. having an advantage (no matter how tiny it may be) can decide games at any rating.
    if our Dragon Slayers want to hold on to their precious racials then that is fine with me. Blizzard should just deactivate them in PvP, just like they deactivated trinkets in Legion. in Legion there are buttons on your bar that you can not use in PvP...why not make racials be one of them?
    It absolutely does matter because making mistakes and being outplayed is 99% of the reason matches are lost, not racials. The only way a match gets "decided" by racials is when everyone plays to their highest potential and CC and coordinate burst perfectly. And even top players make mistakes from time to time.

The thing is people always like to think themselves as higher-skilled than they truly are, and never like to admit they fucked up. So they instead point to racials as a nice scapegoat.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Moshia View Post
    So I've played since vanilla. I primarily played Horde, but during WoD when many of my friends stopped playing and one of my buddies that still played wanted to go alliance, I had nothing to do in WoD, so I worked hard and build up a bunch of Alliance 100s, we built a guild etc, as my other friends trickled back for Legion, they have come over to play with us on Alliance... Except two of my buddies that I really want to pvp with.

They literally won't go Alliance even to play with us cause " horde racials are too strong" they think it will make a big difference in getting Glad or not....

So I ask pvp community... Is this reasonable? Are Horde racials in Legion going to be so much better that it will make or break glad, like big deal...?

Any input I would really appreciate thanks..
    Honestly, it is too early to say. We don't know what comps will be strong in arena yet, we can only speculate.

I would say that any mage-centric comps will be better on horde (specially RMP), as undeads are once again the best mage race overall (although cartoonz already stated that he was going to go Blood Elf) and alliance has nothing to really compete with that.

Melee-centric comps will be harder to predict, BE silence will be very, very valuable when training a healer, but human stun cleaning and gnomes roots cleaning will also be quite valuable when training a healer.

Alliance still has the upper hand in healers IMO: human, NE (druids!) and dwarf are all great healers, but Orc shaman with the CC reduction talent will be huge against melee cleaves.

As for the concern, it is reasonable, the racial power difference on the start of WoD was ridiculous and gave an insane unfair advantage to the Alliance. But, it could be seen coming for miles away and any pvper worth its salt warned everyone that would be the case. I remember posting on the official forums and seeing many other doing the same.

As for now, I don't think things are so black and white with very few class exceptions (as I mentioned before, mages and resto druids come to my mind), so I guess the betting table is open.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2016-08-23 at 01:53 PM.

Its true. If you are being competitive and looking for any competitive advantage you can get, Orc and BE racial abilities are very strong atm. I think every horde hunter racial is better than any hunter alliance racial, for example. After years of Human racial ability being the best, now Orc racials are #1. Hardiness & Blood Fury. Blood fury is the only ability to actively increase your damage/stats in pvp and Hardiness reduces CC duration and works really well with the relentless honor talent. No brainer