I regard Johnson and Stein in two totally different categories. Johnson was a very popular Republican governor of New Mexico from 1995 to 2003. Stein is just a conspiracy theorist alt-lefter with nothing on her resume but a string of failed vanity campaigns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Johnson

If the RNC had any sense they would toss Trump in a coup and slot in Johnson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    I regard Johnson and Stein in two totally different categories. Johnson was a very popular Republican governor of New Mexico from 1995 to 2003. Stein is just a conspiracy theorist alt-lefter with nothing on her resume but a string of failed vanity campaigns.

I view Johnson as a right wing republican who got stoned and turned into a "libertarian". Problem is he promises to stop doing drugs if elected, so he would be back to being just another right wing republican.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

He was a decent governor. There's not much that I disliked about him when he was my governor. He did get a huge amount of hate for supporting the government shutdown in '95, though. Not big on a handful of his positions, but I know he actually knows how to run the executive branch of a government, and won't push for things just because they're party line issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    He was a decent governor. There's not much that I disliked about him when he was my governor. He did get a huge amount of hate for supporting the government shutdown in '95, though. Not big on a handful of his positions, but I know he actually knows how to run the executive branch of a government, and won't push for things just because they're party line issues.
    Yeah, a world away from an activist who has never been responsible for anyone else's welfare ever (Stein). A Republican governor (Johnson) who didn't burn the state down or wreck its finances on a larf is actually a pretty strong national candidate. Most of them are toxic jokes (Jindal), partisan wankers (Walker), world class imbeciles (Perry), actual villains (rick scott), vindictive trump toadies (Christie) or destructive ideologues (Brownback).

There is of course Sandoval-NV. If Sandoval man's up and doesn't vote Trump, he will be an electoral force in 2020. A real threat to Democratic hegemony.
    Last edited by Wulfey; 2016-08-18 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    God, I had to go to page 4 to find this thread...

'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why Did Clinton Just Tap a Pro-TPP, Pro-KXL, Pro-Fracking Politician to Head Her Transition Team?
    Hillary Clinton has announced former Interior Secretary Ken Salazar as the head of her transition team. Salazar is a former U.S. senator from Colorado who now works at WilmerHale, one of the most influential lobbying firms in Washington. Some groups have criticized Salazar’s selection due to his vocal support of fracking, the Trans-Pacific Partnership and the Keystone XL pipeline. In addition to Ken Salazar, other leaders of the transition team include former Obama National Security Adviser Tom Donilon, Center for American Progress head Neera Tanden, former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm and Maggie Williams, the director of Harvard’s Institute of Politics. For more, we speak with David Sirota, senior editor for investigations at the International Business Times.
    (source)

I guess its coming closer and closer to the day she backstabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

It's ok man, Clintons said the foundation won't take foreign money anymore if she becomes president. That makes up for everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Judicial Watch...

They have based their conclusion of corruption an email sent from one aide to another that noted the Crown Prince of Bahrain "was a good friend of ours."

Solid evidence there, champ.

Yeah, a world away from an activist who has never been responsible for anyone else's welfare ever (Stein).
    What I don't get with Stein is that she is actively trying to target the democratic party and Clinton supporters. She is never going to win, that's a given. She isn't even going to get into the debates, that's also a given. The only thing that she could possibly accomplish is that she gets 5% which they did a long time back and that ended up getting them nowhere. The implications of what she is doing is that it will seriously hurt the cause that she is an activist for. A conservative SCOTUS will set back the greens on climate something silly.

What she should be doing, IMHO, is saying to people in swing states that they should vote Cliton and then targeting people in the Blue and Red states. She won't come off as a spoiler and could end up picking up quite a few votes.

They should redesign that "pamphlet" for the web. You normally don't start with a FAQ when explaining a new idea, but by giving a short introduction of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Another big nothingburger of a story. Absolutely no proof of pay for play.

Bahrain and the United States are long time close allies. If the Prince wanted to meet with the new Secretary of State, he wouldn't have to donate millions of dollars to a charity. It's an absolutely ridiculous claim.

I really don't understand this hate for the Clinton Foundation. We're talking about a 5-star, A-rated charity organization. Bill and Hillary do not draw salaries from the foundation. They release their tax documents every year. The charity does unbelievably good work for third-world countries, whether it's treating and preventing malaria, HIV/AIDS, or their work on hunger and climate change. It's a global charity organization. Yeah, they get foreign donations. No shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    It's ok man, Clintons said the foundation won't take foreign money anymore if she becomes president. That makes up for everything
    Yeah, which is ridiculous. An A-rated charity organization will need to cut it's donations dramatically because of partisan optics.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Another big nothingburger of a story. Absolutely no proof of pay for play.

Bahrain and the United States are long time close allies. If the Prince wanted to meet with the new Secretary of State, he wouldn't have to donate millions of dollars to a charity. It's an absolutely ridiculous claim.

I really don't understand this hate for the Clinton Foundation. We're talking about a 5-star, A-rated charity organization. Bill and Hillary do not draw salaries from the foundation. They release their tax documents every year. The charity does unbelievably good work for third-world countries, whether it's treating and preventing malaria, HIV/AIDS, or their work on hunger and climate change. It's a global charity organization. Yeah, they get foreign donations. No shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, which is ridiculous. An A-rated charity organization will need to cut it's donations dramatically because of partisan optics.
    It's not the charity people hate, but the fact she does special favors in her position of government power she does, not sure why that's hard to understand....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's not the charity people hate, but the fact she does special favors in her position of government power she does, not sure why that's hard to understand....
    What special favors are you referencing?

A meeting with the Prince of Bahrain is standard operating procedure for a new Secretary of State.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    But they will keep taking it if she doesnt become President, and will continue to take it while running for President I guess. It just reeks of corruption and bad ethics

What special favors are you referencing?
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clint...ry?id=39710624

A sensitive job that you are entirely unqualified for is a pretty nice favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chunx0r View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clint...ry?id=39710624

A sensitive job that you are entirely unqualified for is a pretty nice favor.
    Entirely unqualified? Lol.

Retired Brigadier General Stephen A. Cheney said Fernando’s "expertise in cyber-security is a great asset to our national security."

Did you know that Fernando also held membership on other national security boards, including the American Security Project, and the Chicago Council on Global Affairs.

So yeah. I see no corruption here. No pay to play. Just baseless accusations.
    Eat yo vegetables

I find it odd that Right-Wingers get all mad and say we shouldn't rush to judgement on shooting deaths of unarmed black men, like michael brown and treyvon martin until the evidence is out there and the law decides if a crime was committed by their killers. Then when it comes to Hillary Clinton's emails THEY KNOW she's guilty of a crime even after the evidence is out proving she did not commit a crime and the FBI said as much. FUCKING HYPOCRISY and it's why most people hate politics. At the end of the day people don't care about Hillary's emails they just care that she's not on their team.

As for the slew of Republicans including Donald Trump calling for the shut down of the Clinton Foundation. That makes sense. The foundation does a lot of work saving lives in Africa, which are mostly black lives and Republicans HATE BLACK PEOPLE. OMG!! 100% ACCURATE THOUGH

It's a good thing a poll today from Virginia shows Clinton up 16% over Trump in a 4 way race. And Clinton campaign has opened an office in Utah and is going to try and win Utah, a state Romney won by 48%, Trump actually could lose. WHAT A LOSER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    But they will keep taking it if she doesnt become President, and will continue to take it while running for President I guess. It just reeks of corruption and bad ethics
    How dare an A-rated charity organization take donations to help people in third world countries!
    Eat yo vegetables

How dare an A-rated charity organization take donations to help people in third world countries!
    It's got the clinton name on it.

Even if there is no evidence of real corrutption. Don't worry it will be found, any day now, promise, wait for it, any day now.