Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trying to launch 32 bit version by changing Bnet settings for WoW, but its still runs the 64 bit when it launches. Cant use the WoW icon for 32 bit in the folder, as anytime I log in at the title screen, it disconnects me instead of logging in.

edit: nevermind I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by Narshe; 2016-08-23 at 02:08 PM.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah... no.... the issue with ddos is there is no effective way to defend against it for a online game
    websites have it, and you may know it, its that little "are you a robot" quiz, but that only reduces ddos attacks by a small fraction, and even then you cant do that with video games...
    no you cant do that with video games, but there has to be some way they can reduce the amount of packets that they can receive at once, so there shit stops crashing.

but what people dont realise, is it isnt blizzards fault, blizzard isnt getting targeted, its the hosts that are hosting their servers that are getting targeted.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

do repair and scan in settings on the launcher fixed it for me
    Where's the repair option? I'm looking in the settings and can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Same. I cannot find this option either.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Odd that there would be a DDOS attack at 6:30 AM when no one is online.
    eh? the world is round.

10+ Year Old Account
    fixed it for you, to be fair the horde fanbois are cancer.. but come on... there not that bad
    I was talking about the poster HordeFanboy not the Horde fans :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    no issues for me, ive been on and off WoW all day, had no login issues, maybe got lucky

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seemed to me that that game was crashing when the "hotfixes" were being applied to the client. After several attempts, I tried making a new character to allow the race intro sequence to play (and escaped out), logged out and into my character and it finally worked.

tl;dr: make a new toon then log out, then log into the toon you want to play

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Same. I cannot find this option either.
    linking below bro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post

my game is launched so i cant repair

Guess I'll have to play another game in meatspace...

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    And you are here sniggering and gloating over the others failure and frustration to log in instead of trying to help, that says a lot about your character really. I may be short tempered but at least i take the effort to aid fellow players. As to my reply to that "baby", well all i can say is that it is completely justified. Maybe you should read further back. Someone was asking help for the critical errors and that childish bastard's reply was " replace crit with mastery". He fully deserves my retort.
    You can assume what you want. Only one here I am having a good laugh at is you and how pathetic you're acting. Whining about jokes. Whining about blizz. Whining about whining. That is basically all you have done in between repeating 32 bit over and over. The fact that you insulted someone who made a harmless joke shows what a special case you are. If he deserves to be insulted for a harmless joke, you deserve to be called on your childishness and and used for my entertainment! Now excuse me as a laugh at you a bit more.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

Nothing has fixed it for me:

Ive tried logging on all my toons
    Start game in 32 bit mode
    Clear cache folder
    Run scan and repair option

Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    You can assume what you want. Only one here I am having a good laugh at is you and how pathetic you're acting. Whining about jokes. Whining about blizz. Whining about whining. That is basically all you have done in between repeating 32 bit over and over. The fact that you insulted someone who made a harmless joke shows what a special case you are. If he deserves to be insulted for a harmless joke, you deserve to be called on your childishness and and used for my entertainment! Now excuse me as a laugh at you a bit more.
    Kek, why are you getting so worked up over that guy, really hope that's not your account as well. That poster deserves to be flamed. Doing nothing to help and pouring salt over people's wounds. Totally despicable. And all i did was suggest he get a pacifier. Harmless too eh? You need to chill.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    by paying their ISP for higher guaranteed uptime i imagine.

they will ovbiously have some DDOS related sections in their QoS, and presumably for more money they could get higher guarantees.
    I'm not sure you know what a DDOS attack is or how they work. There aren't many things you can do to prevent someone from flooding a server. This isn't a specific Blizzard/Activision problem. Throwing more money at something isn't the solution and blaming Blizzard for soemthign they don't control is kind of silly.

i take it we are all suffering from this Error#132 shit?

Kek, why are you getting so worked up over that guy, really hope that's not your account as well. That poster deserves to be flamed. Doing nothing to help and pouring salt over people's wounds. Totally despicable. And all i did was suggest he get a pacifier. Harmless too eh? You need to chill.
    Apparently your brain isn't allowing you to see the irony you have created here lol. Also peoples wounds? Its a video game lmao. Every word you speak just makes you look more and more pathetic. But keep it up, it makes for great morning entertainment! I'm going to make this into a game. Guess what stupid thing you will say next!

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-08-23 at 04:18 PM.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Apparently your brain isn't allowing you to see the irony you have created here lol. Also peoples wounds? Its a video game lmao. Every word you speak just makes you look more and more pathetic. But keep it up, it makes for great morning entertainment! I'm going to make this into a game. Guess what stupid thing you will say next!
    You are the one whining and jumping on me out of nowhere. You lack basic comprehensive skills if you really can't make out what i was pointing at. Let me repeat what happened one last time to attempt to ram it into your thick skull. People were agonizing over not being able to log in, then that troll jumped in, and made a distasteful joke. Doesn't matter if it's a game or not. That troll was just being plain nasty. Simple as that. And hence me calling him out. And if you wanna keep defending that troll's behavior, then be my guest. I'm done with you. Hope you are proud of yourself.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-08-23 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    I'm sure they'd be thrilled if you could swing by and tell them how to prevent these things. Stopping DDoS attacks of various kinds is hard, and it's a moving target - there's no easy cure, and it's not Blizzard's fault they can't prevent them.

Blame the asshats launching the attacks.
    IP tracing is srsly hard..... Sadly, the FBI has better things to do then run around chasing down every fat neckbeard in his moms basement who can write a DDOS script program

You are the one whining and jumping on me out of nowhere. You lack basic comprehensive skills if you really can't make out what i was pointing at. Let me repeat what happened one last time to attempt to ram it into your thick skull. People were agonizing over not being able to log in, then that troll jumped in, and made a distasteful joke. Doesn't matter if it's a game or not. That troll was just being plain nasty. Simple as that. And hence me calling him out. And if you wanna keep defending that troll's behavior, then be my guest. I'm done with you. Hope you are proud of yourself.
    Distasteful troll? He just said to switch crit to mastery what was so horrible about that? Actually gave me a good laugh. Better to get a good laugh than be in dispare over not being able to play a game. This isn't the end of the world or even close to the worst thing that will happen to you. It will get fixed just relax.