Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by moffin View Post
    I'm not sure how you got that idea, why do you think I'm playing with my friend? To teach him or her obviously. New players make mistakes though and in a decent group that is fine. I know there are people who make groups to carry really undergeared people but that's not what I'm talking about here, I personally wouldn't bring someone who is a detriment to a group as a whole. And by that I mean more than one wipe or a significantly slower clear time. I'm not saying you are one of them but some people seem to think that if everyone isn't in full mythic gear and the dungeon is done in sub 10 minutes someone was carried, that's not true.
    Of course you're playing with your friend to teach them.

However, you don't see even the slightest disconnect between saying "Teaching random people in the group finder how to play doesn't do any of those things for me" and "when I fill up that group through finder I want the rest of the group to know what they're doing already, it's less stressful for me and also creates a better environment for my inexperienced friend to learn in"?

I mean, to everyone else, you and your friend are 'random people'. So if you wouldn't find it fun to 'teach random people', why should anyone who joins your group want to do that for your friend?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post

snip

Professions
    • [...]
    • Leveling your profession gives you more efficiency.
      [..]
    THIS makes me nervous.... Are they planning on changing things how they are on beta right now? Because skill level does not do anything to your efficiency at the moment. Star-levels do, so i sincerely hope they are referring to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    That's not remotely accurate. They have been internal testing every raid boss at least since WOTLK. The fact that at least one guild (Paragon) managed to down Mythic Archi without the use of the boss mods that are going to be disabled in the patch is testament to this.
    Wanna talk about Sinestra then ? or Even Ra-Den cheesing which can be obviously pointed out by the worst QA team ?

People complaining about the new Mythic+ system need to take a long walk off of a short plank.

They admit they only use the handholding LFR and LFD tool and don't like Mythic+, which they will never use anyways.

Mouth breathers...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    Of course you're playing with your friend to teach them.

However, you don't see even the slightest disconnect between saying "Teaching random people in the group finder how to play doesn't do any of those things for me" and "when I fill up that group through finder I want the rest of the group to know what they're doing already, it's less stressful for me and also creates a better environment for my inexperienced friend to learn in"?

I mean, to everyone else, you and your friend are 'random people'. So if you wouldn't find it fun to 'teach random people', why should anyone who joins your group want to do that for your friend?

Well, the random people wouldn't have too since he would be the one teaching his friend? Don't see what's hard to understand about that...

And to the people saying that people who join your group expect you to know the fights and that you can't since you didn't "get in" to the dungeons;
    Name your group something along the lines of "Chill group, learning dungeon" and you get likeminded people who are prepared for what they're getting themselves in to. Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    Wanna talk about Sinestra then ? or Even Ra-Den cheesing which can be obviously pointed out by the worst QA team ?
    Wanna talk about how ridiculous you sound claiming that Blizzard doesn't do internal testing on bosses? You literally have no insight into the process of developing a game if you believe that.

The mythic thing, my concern is mostly that super-low pop servers are allowed to exist to this day. There is the group finder, but would you not agree that especially while progessing early, friends is your best bet to catch mythics? On such servers, it is harder to be surrounded by likeminded. So... Blizz needs to do more realm linking. It's not reasonable at all to ask for server moves, not when they cost money, and especially not when you have like 10 max level alts on the server that you enjoy so that you have to pay for multiple ones.

And, @Habix: I think their point was that it's easy to say that one can just join 'helping groups' and while that is true the amount of people offering this especially in group finder is really low. You see it more in realm trade chat or whatever if so. I mean, I'm really positive about helping groups and such, but do I run them myself with complete strangers? Not very often. It's easy to appreciate but harder to do or find time for yourself, which means it will be the same for the majority of other players.
    Last edited by Stormykitten; 2016-08-23 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Well that's just too bad. Now you'll just have to put in as much effort as anyone else does to mix/max and play your characters to their best potential and socialize with other people. In no way is that a bad thing all it means is players won't get that loot for doing next to nothing, including the things every other player that's serious about progression just does naturally at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

No you did not understand it correctly, you will not be able to queue for mythic dungeons, you will only be able to use the MANUAL LFG tool. I don't know if you were aware of this but LFG is not LFD.
    Yes, you are right, I did confuse the LFG and LFD tools. So then no changes. Cool.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    I shouldnt have to tell you to turn off your pet taunt lol, you should know this by now.. you did lvl your hunter right? you do know how to control your pet right? LOL
    The hunter might have soloed an elite using a tank pet, forgetting to turn taunt off afterwards. Or just tamed a new pet, didn't turn its taunt off yet. Or maybe it's a newbie hunter doing their first dungeon. Either way, I really don't see why asking them to turn it off like a civilized person is too much effort. Having tried it myself on many occasions, most hunters turn it off after being asked once or twice. Warlocks with the voidwalker, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This is the problem, I can name one mechanic that would have been near impossible for guilds to handle on Mythic. Wrought Chaos. As per their "failure" comment, how long did it take them to nerf Gorefiend when they saw people were struggling, 3 months? Ya just typical Blizzard having no idea what they're actually doing is hurting the game more than helping.
    People actually did Wrought Chaos without the addon telling them how to do it 1st.

I could beat mythic raid bosses with stock ui if I designed them, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    People complaining about the new Mythic+ system need to take a long walk off of a short plank.

They admit they only use the handholding LFR and LFD tool and don't like Mythic+, which they will never use anyways.

Mouth breathers...
    I know, right? They're equally as immature as your response to them.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    And, @Habix: I think their point was that it's easy to say that one can just join 'helping groups' and while that is true the amount of people offering this especially in group finder is really low. You see it more in realm trade chat or whatever if so. I mean, I'm really positive about helping groups and such, but do I run them myself with complete strangers? Not very often. It's easy to appreciate but harder to do or find time for yourself, which means it will be the same for the majority of other players.
    Think you misunderstood me. I didn't say one needs to have groups help them with dungeons, but instead maybe try to find people in the same situation that also want to learn how the dungeons work together with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    It isn't though, you and the playerbase at large have just been conditioned to think so because addons have been holding your hand for so long. People coordinate far more complicated mechanics manually in FFXIV without addons.
    Except this isn't FFXIV. This is WoW. Also don't speak for me, thanks. I'm perfectly capable of playing without an arrow telling me where to go. But all this change does is make guilds more elitist and make it harder for the average player to get into a guild. It makes my job as a recruitment officer harder because now all non-casual guilds are going to have massive turn over. They say they plan on nerfing mechanics as needed, but only a fool would believe their petty words, how long did it take for them to nerf Gorefiend for guilds that were struggling, 3 months? Oh ya and roughly a hundred guilds disbanded on him too before they gave him a slight change.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    People actually did Wrought Chaos without the addon telling them how to do it 1st.
    Are you seriously going to argue that every player in this game is capable of being world first? Not a single guild in the US was able to get past wrought chaos without the addon, that's including Midwinter and Limit. The quality of players I see on a daily basis is a complete joke. I see people who can't even parse out of single digit percentiles demanding "only 13/13M guilds". The fact is the quality of players over the last few years has greatly diminished and the 99% will not be able to handle this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    THIS makes me nervous.... Are they planning on changing things how they are on beta right now? Because skill level does not do anything to your efficiency at the moment. Star-levels do, so i sincerely hope they are referring to that!
    They should have been a bit clearer... they are talking about the ranks. Higher ranks in each type of gathering/crafting lets you gather more materials/use less materials per craft.

Deleted
    I'm pretty much that person in the blue posts, and the response in this thread unfortunately doesn't surprise me at all.

It's a shame, because I enjoy WoW as a game, its world and lore and everything. But the community is so fucking ridiculous and the devs listen to them.

Think I'll go back to FFXIV where I can anonymously queue for something semi-challenging like Weeping City of Mhach, guildless, friendless, and still spend a nice moment with strangers and get up-to-date loot with cool models. Haven't had this much fun with "LFR" since Lei Shen. But nah, WoW devs have somehow decided that LFR and LFD should now be braindead with worthless ugly loot.
    Last edited by mmoc28280ad8ec; 2016-08-23 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    Think I'll go back to FFXIV where I can anonymously queue for something semi-challenging like Weeping City of Mhach, guildless, friendless, and still spend a nice moment with strangers and get up-to-date loot with cool models.
    But you can still do exactly that with Flex raids and Mythic dungeons via the LFG tool, the only difference between LFG and LFD/LFR is that there can optionally be a modicum of quality control on the randos.

I'm pretty much that person in the blue posts, and the response in this thread unfortunately doesn't surprise me at all.

It's a shame, because I enjoy WoW as a game, its world and lore and everything. But the community is so fucking ridiculous and the devs listen to them.

Think I'll go back to FFXIV where I can anonymously queue for something semi-challenging like Weeping City of Mhach, guildless, friendless, and still spend a nice moment with strangers and get up-to-date loot with cool models. Haven't had this much fun with "LFR" since Lei Shen. But nah, WoW devs have somehow decided that LFR and LFD should now be braindead with worthless ugly loot.
    Uhm LFR will drop the same models now but with a different colour. Also Weeping City is piss easy now that everyone has the hang of it. And no FF14's dungeons are really not that hard at all. This is coming from someone who spams the current two hard ones daily. Hullbreaker is literally move out of some ice patch on Ymir and avoid crap and the only minor threat in Sohr Khai is the second boss. FF14 has hard content but dungeons are certainly not part of it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-08-23 at 03:08 PM.

See ya. 1 Down, a whole bunch left to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrax View Post
    As someone that has an issue with forming my own groups, let me try to shed some light on why exactly this is an issue for some people. Obviously there is going to be some generalization going on here and I can't speak for anyone other than myself, so please keep that in mind.

Part of the problem is players that don't have the patience to slow down and deal with others who are less skilled or are learning things. Everywhere in group finder are people saying things like "speed run, don't suck want gear fast" and requiring an ilvl on par with the gear from that raid so the person making the group can gear themselves up faster. Now, I don't have a problem with there being some groups like this. It does fill a niche and sometimes it's what people want. My issue is that this type of group is the only type you see. Groups that offer to slow down, learn the fights and accept people who are more mid-tier players just trying to improve themselves.

Now please, don't mistake this for a happy-feel-good "you should take everyone" attitude. Obviously, if a player is an active detriment to a group and makes the same mistake consistently or has no idea what to do, you are free not to take them. But this attitude is taken to the furthest extreme, where players that are trying, are learning, get completely excluded. It leads to a negative cycle of not wanting to join groups because you get completely stressed out over negativity and outright hate that is heaped on people. Again, don't take this to mean that we will throw up our hands at any criticism and claim that people are harassing us. There is a large difference between "Hey, you're doing X, Y and Z wrong and you should change that so the group can get through this." and "OMG YOU SUX UNINSTALL THE GAME AND KILL YOURSELF" (which, yes, I have been told).

Now, I know a lot of you are wondering what the composition of other groups has to do with forming your own. After all, if I form the group, shouldn't I be able to weed those people out? To an extent, yes that is true. However, when you form a group you take upon yourself the position of leader. Generally, you decide what the group is doing, who is coming and what is happening. Which, realistically, requires some knowledge of your objective, in this case the dungeon. And since I never got into a group to do it, I've never been able to see what is happening. Yes, I know boss guides exist, I watch them regularly. But that doesn't always prepare you for what happens in those dungeons. Especially the first time, you can often make mistakes. I play this game for fun, to relax and avoid stresses in my life. If forming a group is going to become this stressful experience, I'm likely to avoid it under most circumstances.

One more thing that I want people to think about. Why do you assume there is such a stark difference between a group assembled in the dungeon finder and one assembled through the group finder? They are both just a random pool of players, the only real difference is you have to assemble the group yourself. Why is it so different if the game does it for you?
    this is a real question and a good one..

more, the whole fucking mythic name shit is a fail!

Deleted
    Mythic dungeons will be closed until the first raid reset of each region, so EU won't be able to powerlevel and get in some clears.
    Are blizzard expecting us to be able to level that fast?

God i miss the grind.