Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    That is just being obtuse, there is a difference between being cold and covering your face so it cant be seen.
    The only difference is that one offends you, and the other does not. One is "weird" and the other is fine.

I think it is you who has trouble with it, and it is not the first time in this discussion....

I have explained that what will harm one person will be a pleasure to others, so you cant define harm.

- - - Updated - - -

So then your statement is crap, not your defence, happy?

By the way on your other silly comment 72 percent of the entire eu population identifies as Christian.

I think it is you who has trouble with it, and it is not the first time in this discussion....

I have explained that what will harm one person will be a pleasure to others, so you cant define harm.

- - - Updated - - -

So then your statement is crap, not your defence, happy?
    You seem to take offense to the dictionary definition of a word. I cannot help you with that.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Can you rephrase the italicised bit, I'm struggling to make sense of it.
    Religious ostracization is very strong in Islam. Veil and Niqab are ostentatory ways to parade your religion and show that you're a "true believer" and if they become the majority they will use it as a way to push asides those who arent by treating them with disdain or simply not talking to them at all. Which end up forcing the "intruders" to flee and creating what we know today in the west as "ghetto" where they can practice and enforce their own cultural assimilation on those who are left.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Think of the elderly people, they never seen such thing and suddently a blue ghost appears. They will get the shock of their life. They wont even be able to identify the person when they get robbed by her/him/it. Thats the security risk. Or a classmate shows up with a faceprison, this will distract the kids and cause harm because when you allow the faceprison what is your argument against a cap/hat?

In our culture we show our face. There is no reason to hide your idendity.
    And like I've been saying, that is legislating based on emotion.

An old person may see a mohawk, and have the same reaction. Should we also ban them? How about tattoos and earrings?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    By the way on your other silly comment 72 percent of the entire eu population identifies as Christian.
    Yeah, I only saw it in your quote. I knew the new pope was a bit relaxed but pretty sure Europe is still mostly Christian; or he'd have hell to pay :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then we clearly must ban Halloween, all those masks are a distraction.

People are responsible for their own actions and reactions. If you want to be disturbed by some woman in a niqab, that's on you. Personally, I would just look the other way, or ignore her.

It's weird to you. It may not be weird to the person wearing it. Are we going to ban everything that is deemed to be weird? And yes, that is once again basing laws on emotion, not on logic.
    And on Halloween they most certainly are a distraction, what is your point??

And yea, that is really going to work well with curious children... It is not wanting to be disturbed, it is simply being disturbed, there is no choice here. And what you would do has no bearing on it what so ever.

No, it is weird to our culture, that is the whole point, try to keep up. It is not based on an emotion, it is based on being able to see emotions from them and based on an open society, if yo udo not like this, you can always leave.

The comparison is fine. People want to cite the existence of a law as a justification for it, and they've been doing it for centuries. It's nothing more than an attempt to puch their personal beliefs onto others, without taking into account whether the actual action causes any harm. It's how slavery was allowed to perpetuate itself. It's how segregation existed for so long. It's also how Muslim asshats in the Middle East justify beating and raping women.

Just because something is part of a culture (or isn't part of one), is not cause to force others to comply. The major factor should be whether the action itself causes actual harm.
    You think the comparison is fine, which is, well, fine. I'll bet anything on most disagreeing though, which for starters makes it your subjective opinion only, and not objectively so. I for one, certainly think the comparison isn't fine at all, and I rather tried to point out that you massively hurt your own argument when using such comparisons, rather than strengthening it. You are of course free to continue, by all means, but the risk is that you both loose support for your argument due to it's flagrant dissonance with reality, and start to think, quite erroneously, that you are somehow more 'morally right' than opponents no matter what. The latter is probably the biggest warning sign there is, for when one should...well, lets just say re-examine ones argument, the reason for holding it, and why other people disagree. But, each to his own, of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    going to need a source for that.

And like I've been saying, that is legislating based on emotion.

An old person may see a mohawk, and have the same reaction. Should we also ban them? How about tattoos and earrings?
    A security risk is emotion now?

Think of the elderly people, they never seen such thing and suddently a blue ghost appears. They will get the shock of their life. They wont even be able to identify the person when they get robbed by her/him/it. Thats the security risk. Or a classmate shows up with a faceprison, this will distract the kids and cause harm because when you allow the faceprison what is your argument against a cap/hat?

In our culture we show our face. There is no reason to hide your idendity.
    If there is no need to hide your identity, then surely you would have no problem giving out your full name and home address to everyone, right? Why hide it?

- - - Updated - - -

A security risk is emotion now?
    You are basing it on fear and cultural beliefs.

Deleted
    You seem to take offense to the dictionary definition of a word. I cannot help you with that.
    It seems you are unable to understand your own language, that is very sad.

Deleted
    westerners are going to prison in Dubai for kissing in public, it's about time muslims will respect our way of life here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Religious ostracization is very strong in Islam. Veil and Niqab are ostentatory ways to parade your religion and show that you're a "true believer" and if they become the majority they will use it as a way to push asides those who arent by treating them with disdain or simply not talking to them at all. Which end up forcing the "intruders" to flee and creating what we know today in the west as "ghetto" where they can practice and enforce their own cultural assimilation on those who are left.
    So essentially we have to ban the niqab because otherwise people who might be indifferent to the whole thing will be compelled to wear them wherever the Niqab wearers become a majority. Makes more sense thankyou.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    The only difference is that one offends you, and the other does not. One is "weird" and the other is fine.
    Damn you are obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    You think the comparison is fine, which is, well, fine. I'll bet anything on most disagreeing though, which for starters makes it your subjective opinion only, and not objectively so. I for one, certainly think the comparison isn't fine at all, and I rather tried to point out that you massively hurt your own argument when using such comparisons, rather than strengthening it. You are of course free to continue, by all means, but the risk is that you both loose support for your argument due to it's flagrant dissonance with reality, and start to think, quite erroneously, that you are somehow more 'morally right' than opponents no matter what. The latter is probably the biggest warning sign there is, for when one should...well, lets just say re-examine ones argument, the reason for holding it, and why other people disagree. But, each to his own, of course.
    Most people disagree with actual freedom, so I'm fine with most people disagreeing with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn you are obtuse.
    No, I'm using the words that you guys are providing for me. Just because you find something to be "weird" does not justify banning it. You are basing it off of emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    About time that someone disallows these things. Now if we only could extend it to burqas and hijabs and other kind of religious wear too it would be most excellent.

http://www.thelocal.de/20160822/musl...veil-in-school

An 18-year-old student at a night school in Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, has been told by a court that she cannot attend her classes while wearing a niqab.

The teenager had taken her school to court after they told her she would not be able to attend classes so long as she continued to wear the conservative Islamic clothing, which leaves the whole body covered except for a slit for the eyes.

The young woman failed to turn up for the court appointment due to the huge media attention it had gained, leading the judge to uphold the school’s decision, the Neue Osnabrücke Zeitung reports.
    Also any religious symbols like a cross or a Kippah, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Also any religious symbols like a cross or a Kippah, yeah?
    Not comparable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    westerners are going to prison in Dubai for kissing in public, it's about time muslims will respect our way of life here.
    Or.. you could also oppose the arrest of people kissing in Dubai.

Deleted
    religion, the main source of illogical stupendous behavior,

all cuz invisible man in the sky.

moooving on