Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And how you gonna do that?
    Maybe you missed this thread?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ide)-Fire-mage

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Unless they're significantly increasing the XP amounts, there's no way to get maxed in less than 10 hours, without possible exploits.
    My own beta experience so far tells me, that it takes about 1 - 1 1/2 hrs per level.
    I think that's a decent ballpark number too. It should take about 24 hrs played time to get a toon maxed from 100 - 110.
    So, 2.4 hours per level would be the sweet spot imo.

But leveling in 6 hours? no, not happening under normal circumstances.
    24hr just because u can't do it means everyone else uses an exploit? i leveld my myge in about 11-12 hr's and i didn't even rushed that hard .. couple minutes afk there , dinner , walking the dog etc not everyone enjoys Lore and all that there is while leveling ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    24hr just because u can't do it means everyone else uses an exploit?
    Maybe learn to read?

I said 24 hours leveling time from 100 - 110 would be the sweet spot.
    Never have I said that it takes that long. Instead I said that it SHOULD take that long.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Its 3am est time. That means I have to set my alarm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    I have, indeed.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled in three evenings from 100 to 110 on beta. I was leveling as Marks with sidewinders. Which means pretty much all of my leveling was AoE farming. I would guess the second time through leveling my actual character will mean I finish in less then 10 hours. As I spent alot of time just exploring to find best path in places like high mountain.

Nothing like finding the injured first aid guy on the top of the mountain is going to take 20 minutes of running across the entire zone and back just to use a first aid kit on him. A step you can easily skip if you don't care about first aid.
    Last edited by Youn; 2016-08-23 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Not true at all. With WoD all of NA servers went live at the same time, same with Cata. They go on PST, I am pretty sure Wrath was the last time they launched based on time zone in the same region.
    Local to Blizzard...

Deleted
    Regardless of region and timezones everyone is playing in, only one thing matters and it's the only thing you need to know about the launchtime:

00.01 SERVER-time.

This way you can simply look ingame, right now, figure out the time-difference between your local time and servertime and then you will know when 00.01 SERVER-time is for you. No need to go looking up timezones and whatnot...

Deleted
    So to make it clear, here in Europe, from Monday to Tuesday, CEST (Central European Summer Time) by 23:59h (which is same as server time) we're 1 minute away from official launch, that it? Which technically means we can play it on Monday (before going to sleep during Tuesday's dawn).

That'd mean in Portugal we're getting it at 23:00h ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Diogo View Post
    So to make it clear, here in Europe, from Monday to Tuesday, CEST (Central European Summer Time) by 23:59h (which is same as server time) we're 1 minute away from official launch, that it? Which technically means we can play it on Monday (before going to sleep during Tuesday's dawn).
    yes

launch is 23:00 bst monday which is 00:00 cest tuesday

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    yes

launch is 23:00 bst monday which is 00:00 cest tuesday
    That is great to know

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Local to Blizzard...
    Which is not what was said. Also why I added PST since that is the local time there.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Unless they're significantly increasing the XP amounts, there's no way to get maxed in less than 10 hours, without possible exploits.
    My own beta experience so far tells me, that it takes about 1 - 1 1/2 hrs per level.
    I think that's a decent ballpark number too. It should take about 24 hrs played time to get a toon maxed from 100 - 110.
    So, 2.4 hours per level would be the sweet spot imo.

But leveling in 6 hours? no, not happening under normal circumstances.
    My timed run is like this:

Val'sharah
    1h 10min

Highmountain
    1h 33min

Aszuna
    1h 21min

Stormheim
    1h 45min~

Yes, it's a fast run since no one else is in the zones pretty much. Just cause you level at the speed of a turtle does not mean the rest are exploiting.
    Last edited by Kapaya; 2016-08-23 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    as i have no idea what est is, thats not really a help. but ty anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Yes, it's a fast run since no one else is in the zones pretty much
    Do you honestly believe that can happen on a launch day? Given the zone scaling, sure, people will be spread out. But since it's LAUNCH DAY, you can bet there will be hundreds of people in every zone, slowing everyone else down. If not be taking any ground-based quest items, then surely by standing in the way of quest-givers or other important static stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    as i have no idea what est is, thats not really a help. but ty anyway
    That's why I wrote my earlier post

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Do you honestly believe that can happen on a launch day? Given the zone scaling, sure, people will be spread out. But since it's LAUNCH DAY, you can bet there will be hundreds of people in every zone, slowing everyone else down. If not be taking any ground-based quest items, then surely by standing in the way of quest-givers or other important static stuff.
    Well, the thing that is different this time around is that you can go 4 different zones. There won't be the whole server being bunched up for one quest. If you've gotten the hang of it in beta you can easily get ahead of everyone in the first zone and by the time you get to the 2nd one most people would have logged off, not a lot of people pull an all nighter. Also, ground based quest items are personal, so even if someone takes it you literally run to the same one and pick it up for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    My timed run is like this:

Val'sharah
    1h 10min

Highmountain
    1h 33min

Aszuna
    1h 21min

Stormheim
    1h 45min~

Yes, it's a fast run since no one else is in the zones pretty much. Just cause you level at the speed of a turtle does not mean the rest are exploiting.
    can confirm these times make a lot of sense:

these times are comprised of doing every quest in a given zone (exceptions being the gullible quest line, and profession quest lines)
    Last edited by Floopa; 2016-08-23 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    big picture
    Nice spreadsheet, but why is the person who made it counting in days?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Regardless of region and timezones everyone is playing in, only one thing matters and it's the only thing you need to know about the launchtime:

00.01 SERVER-time.

This way you can simply look ingame, right now, figure out the time-difference between your local time and servertime and then you will know when 00.01 SERVER-time is for you. No need to go looking up timezones and whatnot...
    Except... no.... I'm on a US east coast server and won't see Legion until 3AM my server time. It launches on all NA realms at midnight Pacific time. People wouldn't be looking up 'timezones and whatnot' if they didn't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    what exactly is that time in greenwich mean time (GMT)?
    22:00 GMT

BUT! Bear in mind here the UK we're currently in BST which is GMT +1. So it'll be live in the UK at 23:00 on the 29th - which is 00:00 CEST (Central Europeam Summer Time, i.e., the time the Euro servers use).