If you are going to level in a group - Holy is a very good choice. You can both heal and do nice damage while you're at it.
    But, if you are going solo - go Prot. I've tested both Ret and Prot, and oh boy was I surprised. There is no downtime at all, you can pull ALL THE MOBS - the more you pull, the faster they die. Doing world quests as prot is a blast too.
    You will do the Ashbringer chain on 110, in case you'll need to go DPS on some encounter or smth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Questions for people that use Vuhdo!
    After some testing I finally managed to make a nice bouquet.
    Players that are within 10 yards (full mastery) have a green dot.
    Players within 15 yards (for rule of law) are yellow.

1. Would it be worth it to make a third dot, perhaps somewhere around 30 yards basically saying: Try to leave these to other healers unless you have no choice?
    2. That distance is only measured from myself. Anybody have any idea how I tell Vuhdo to look at the distance either from me OR the guy with Beacon?

Yeah, I was doing amazing dps while testing it on a dummy.
    Then I remembered that in a week or so we're going to get a two-hander, even more damage!
    Can you share vuhdo profiles and stuff because Id love to see what you made. I cant make shit from vuhdo, no idea why but its just not clicking with me. If your down with sharing it Id love to see it though. Not sure if Im asking for too much here, but just curious.

As for the third dot, thats up to you. I prefer knowing when people are way too far out of range to the point where my heals wont be beneficial and Ill just be wasting mana, so Id say the third dot is nice.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-23 at 04:23 AM.

Deleted
    I made a setup similar last month. I used a hot icon instead and steps of 5 yards with different colors. For me it causes me to drop like 10-20 fps during fights. The flag also currently has a bug and will probably break in 7.1 and will need to be updated to just distance and no direction arrow. Also this only works in situations where the clusterfinder is active. The system is tied together with some other functions. The mod author was looking into a specific paladin bouquet. See here : https://wow.curseforge.com/addons/vu...in-conditions/

For me it ended up in information overload most of the time. Right now i just have the direction arrow to always show. This only shows when i hover over people. On a fight like iron reaver i just preferred figuring out to what side people went. We just yolo pull most bosses now so for me it's a lot harder to figure out where all them dps run to. Which won't be an issue during progression. So for now i just use the always on arrow.

So thinking about the relative strength of Holy Pally for legion: If you are a raid leader would you rather have for your raiding team:

1). A holy pally, holy priest, and resto shaman

2). A resto Druid, holy pally, and resto shaman

3). A resto Druid, holy priest, and resto shaman

Those being the only three options given the people we have. Basically either me (holy pally) or the holy priest could switch to Druid because we each have one, the shaman is set. Would be interested in your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    So thinking about the relative strength of Holy Pally for legion: If you are a raid leader would you rather have for your raiding team:

Those being the only three options given the people we have. Basically either me (holy pally) or the holy priest could switch to Druid because we each have one, the shaman is set. Would be interested in your thoughts.
    If my assumption is correct, that you're only doing normals/heroics (based on your 3-healer setup), why not just let your healers play whatever they want?

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    If my assumption is correct, that you're only doing normals/heroics (based on your 3-healer setup), why not just let your healers play whatever they want?
    Pretty much that - just let em play which ever class they are better with.

Though given those 3 set ups, i'd prolly recommend set up #3 the least, if only for the reason that holy priest and resto druid share some similar kit niches, and you get more variety of abilities by having one of either + a pally and shaman - not that you couldn't do set up #3 completely successfully, but set ups #1 or #2 have more variety and a more well rounded raid healer kit in total, just my 2cp.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-08-23 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Yes for now it is just heroic. Mythic will come much later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Pretty much that - just let em play which ever class they are better with.

Though given those 3 set ups, i'd prolly recommend set up #3 the least, if only for the reason that holy priest and resto druid share some similar kit niches, and you get more variety of abilities by having one of either + a pally and shaman - not that you couldn't do set up #3 completely successfully, but set ups #1 or #2 have more variety and a more well rounded raid healer kit in total, just my 2cp.
    Great thanks for your 2cp

Easily set #1 or #2.

Id honestly go with #2, but as others have pointed out might as well just let your healers play what they want as long as its not Disc. #2 has the most variety as well as the best utility and best healing CDs, so Im assuming that healer set up could handle mistakes better. Still though, if youre doing heroic might as well just let them pick what they wanna play, but if you do plan on doing mythic, go with #2.

Most healer comps will work fine, especially if diverse in multiple healing specs. I think tailor-made/specific healing comps are concerns more for guilds pushing world rankings.

However, something to consider would be only having 3 healers. A large consensus is that most fights will need 4 healers, even 5 in some cases, due to pruning of all classes' DR's as well as Legion's mana constraints. Some specs have artifact traits that allow for small improvements to DR's or self-heals, but overall, mana is going to be a huge consideration for the entire expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaigera View Post
    Most healer comps will work fine, especially if diverse in multiple healing specs. I think tailor-made/specific healing comps are concerns more for guilds pushing world rankings.

However, something to consider would be only having 3 healers. A large consensus is that most fights will need 4 healers, even 5 in some cases, due to pruning of all classes' DR's as well as Legion's mana constraints. Some specs have artifact traits that allow for small improvements to DR's or self-heals, but overall, mana is going to be a huge consideration for the entire expac.
    Really only need 4-5 heals for mythic since its a set 20 people and you cant reduce or increase that. Also, the more healers you have the more utility you have as well as the more mistakes you can recover from. With heroic though, you can grab 3 heals and be fine since you can make it a 15m group or a 10m group, etc. Its flexible.

Deleted
    This is what i had
    https://gyazo.com/18852a73cb9ab7840fd76dc747046ec6
    10 0% opacity
    15 100% opacity
    25 100% opacity
    35 100% opacity

This testing i did with the previous vuhdo version. Just quickly enabled it during moose boosts and it seemed to work a lot better now. Except the opacity fading. But the addon author said it was it was tied to the cluster finder which probably uses unitposition. Assuming he updates it you can use it in the future.

What is the general opinion on Lights Hammer vs Bestow Faith for legion? Will Lights Hammer always out HPS bestow, or will the HPM of bestow always be better then lights hammer. What are the situations where one would beat out the other for progression raiding in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Interrogate View Post
    What is the general opinion on Lights Hammer vs Bestow Faith for legion? Will Lights Hammer always out HPS bestow, or will the HPM of bestow always be better then lights hammer. What are the situations where one would beat out the other for progression raiding in legion.
    As far as I know, BF is a lot better in 5 mans and in any raiding scenario where people are constantly moving. Its also a lot better when tanks are taking heavy damage/burst damage.

On fights that have people stacked up and not moving as much is where Lights Hammer shines. If people move out of LH then you just wasted a global, hps and mana, so its basically good on fights that have a lot of stacking or dont have a lot of movement as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-24 at 01:28 AM.

It is kinda cool how LH has no mana cost though, plus it does healing equivalent to 2-ish LoDs over its duration

EDIT: wtf I'm retarded, looked at the wrong tooltip in game - disregard this
    Last edited by trm90; 2016-08-25 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    It is kinda cool how LH has no mana cost though
    uh what /10char

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    It is kinda cool how LH has no mana cost though, plus it does healing equivalent to 2-ish LoDs over its duration

40% of base mana

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=114158/lights-hammer

BF is sooo clunky though. It's like Execution Sentence, but worse. Any delayed healing without at least a small hot or shield component is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    BF is sooo clunky though. It's like Execution Sentence, but worse. Any delayed healing without at least a small hot or shield component is bad.
    I used to think it was clunky but then I started using it right and it actually makes a really big difference. If a lot of aoe damage is going out in mythic+ I can BF someone and start healing the group or whoever is taking the most damage. It feels pretty good when you get used to it.

I do wish it showed up better for other healers. They have no idea if my BF is rolling or not which works against us at times. I usually tell them when but id much rather it have an animation so other healers know when it's up.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-24 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I used to think it was clunky but then I started using it right and it actually makes a really big difference. If a lot of aoe damage is going out in mythic+ I can BF someone and start healing the group or whoever is taking the most damage. It feels pretty good when you get used to it.

I do wish it showed up better for other healers. They have no idea if my BF is rolling or not which works against us at times. I usually tell them when but id much rather it have an animation so other healers know when it's up.
    It can show up depending on the the heal UI addon they are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    It can show up depending on the the heal UI addon they are using.
    Thats good and all but I still think it should have an animation. I know they said casters are going to get the same treatment melee got with animations and all that but it still feels kinda eh to use BF and not have an animation.

Im sure they can get it to show, they most likely already have recently but I still dislike it not having an animation.