Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lixo View Post
    Take a breather, guy was just asking a simple question. And it's not like the game hasn't been catering to solo players for years now, have you even been playing if you don't know this?
    Or possibly the op can want a mount that he/she actually likes versus worrying how "skill" it took to get or how many others have it. Because just wasting ones time to worry about those things. Every mount can be bought or carried to.

Warlock and Paladin mount during Vanilla

I think at this point a lot of Glad mounts and titles are just bought. My friend was playing on her fresh dh and just destroyed a glad warlock who tried to jump her the other day.

the gladiator mounts are the only one that requires high personal skill.
    The raid mounts require personal skill, but you need to be in a guild that allows you to receive it so its not the same.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Old glad mounts. New ones are almost entirely hackers and have long lost any sense of prestige.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

7+ Year Old Account
    tolvir mount

I would say the 300 mount reward heavenly serpent. To get 300 months requires touching many aspects of the game, sure you can boost a couple but its really not needed. It gets easier and easier overtime but currently its still a pretty nice mount. A mount says a little bit about the player, and no mount save for maybe a glad mount says more then the 300 mount reward one currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Or for Gold , Me and my team sold HUNDREDS of these to players during that time and we were just 1 of many groups in the game selling the mounts. Id say that more of them that you see were purchased than the other way around at this point
    I'm guessing you guys ran multiple groups to get hundreds of runs in. Not arguing that it wasn't easy, it was.... but unless I'm spacing it had a weekly lockout and the raid itself dropped the mount for less than a year -- once the WOTLK pre-patch dropped the mounts went bye bye, so it was more a case of it having been available for a limited time.... We likewise ran it on a weekly basis, but after getting everyone in the guild their mounts (25 raiders and the back ups), we weren't able to get HUNDREDS of runs in, this despite being a full clear Sunwell guild with a stable starting 25 and second raid group behind it. I still play with the guy that got the very first War Bear on the server... I think there are 8 of us from that original group that still play together and for the most part, we all seem to ride that mount -- less about prestige for us than a reminder of our time together.

That was a really fun instance to do.. especially after the nightmare (for us) that was M'uru..

Anyway -- no idea of how legit this site is -- but it's neat to see where mounts rank as far as rarity.. http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/mounts
    Last edited by Haloswin; 2016-08-23 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    I'm guessing you guys ran multiple groups to get hundreds of runs in. Not arguing that it wasn't easy, it was.... but unless I'm spacing it had a weekly lockout and the raid itself dropped the mount for less than a year -- once the WOTLK pre-patch dropped the mounts went bye bye, so it was more a case of it having been available for a limited time.... We likewise ran it on a weekly basis, but after getting everyone in the guild their mounts (25 raiders and the back ups), we weren't able to get HUNDREDS of runs in, this despite being a full clear Sunwell guild with a stable starting 25 and second raid group behind it. I still play with the guy that got the very first War Bear on the server... I think there are 8 of us from that original group that still play together and for the most part, we all seem to ride that mount -- less about prestige for us than a reminder of our time together.

That was a really fun instance to do.. especially after the nightmare (for us) that was M'uru..

Anyway -- no idea of how legit this site is -- but it's neat to see where mounts rank as far as rarity.. http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/mounts
    yes we ran it up to 6 times a week on our alts. Even 6 times a week over the course of a year is over 300 and the instance was out longer than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Old glad mounts. New ones are almost entirely hackers and have long lost any sense of prestige.
    oh, is there a place where we can see all these "hackers"

Possibly the new leatherworking one requires some personal skill since you have to chase the bloody thing all over Stormheim, the Netherwing drakes took personal skill cause no-one else could do the final race for you dunno if they still do.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

The only personal skill requiring mounts are by definition the ones which are obtained by personal effort only.
    The most skilled, as subjective as that is would be the brawlers guild mount.

Brawlers guild is something that will scale with level, as much as some classes or specs may have an easier job on some fights.
    Old Raid content will become increasingly trivial with a raised level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    Not sure if it's still the case, but defeating Captain Skyshatter [in a race] while grinding for the Netherwing Drakes was always a challenge for anyone but Druids.
    That is a very good point.
    Something I am so glad I don't have to repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Warlock and Paladin mount during Vanilla
    Didn't do the paladin mount, but I dd the warlock chain.
    I found getting the group together to be the harder part.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I guess everything in the thread revolves around if this is talking about SOLO (Proving Ground style/Brawlers Guild), or if this is talking about high skill level in a raid: Those TOGC 25 nobody dying ground mounts that literally, only about 1000 people in WoW ever had (less than when people cheesed the gong server relapse for the Scarab Lord mount) / Glad mounts.

I guess the highest SOLO skill mount in the game in terms of a higher level of play would be the Brawlers guild, and for team play either glad / or one of the hard to get raid mounts that are NOT on the BMAH (again the only one I can think of that you literally couldn't be carried on or you may die and wipe the entire group from getting the achieve was that TOGC 25 ground mount with nobody in the entire group dying on a full clear - which is damn near impossible even with legendary full 284 ICC gear back then even)

It all depends on what people say is SKILL too.. is that TIME SPENT.. I know guys that will play at a high level in arena, that just CANNOT spend time in the game to get those GRINDY achieves/mounts/etc. Everything is skill to someone.

There are plenty of mounts which were obtained through a high level of skill and dedication.

But you can't tell by looking which ones are they are.

Only the people who put in the work and had the skill will know what these mounts mean to them.

Create a thread titled "What was your most difficult or most satisfying mount to get?" and people will probably have lots of great stories.

Deleted
    Yes the new Legion Elk

Plagued and Black Proto I'd say.