10+ Year Old Account
    Slower than I'm used to from mop, not overly thrilled with a bunch of changes. Less abilities and some downtime.

As a suggestion, I think the blackout kick proc shouldn't count towards the combo strikes, thus allowing us to double kick without resetting the stacks. It'd help to some degree imo.

Hehe I just had a thought about the "double kick" where I wish the combo breaker kick had the animation of a roundhouse kick whilst regular blackout kick remained a crescent kick.

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Slower than I'm used to from mop, not overly thrilled with a bunch of changes. Less abilities and some downtime.

As a suggestion, I think the blackout kick proc shouldn't count towards the combo strikes, thus allowing us to double kick without resetting the stacks. It'd help to some degree imo.
    The pace is definitely slower from MoP but with more haste the pace will definitely get faster and downtime will lessen. The ascension talent actually sims very well so use that if you don't have much haste on your gear. I definitely notice a difference in the amount of downtime that I have once I started using it.

What? Ascension's terrible, how can you even say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    What? Ascension's terrible, how can you even say that?
    It's not terrible. It completely depends on how much haste you got. I sim higher with ascension than Energizing Elixer. And on the Mythic runs I've done it's given me better DPS by almost 1k.

Ascension needs crazy amounts of haste to compete. At 0 haste it gives 2.4 chi per minute, you'd need 67% haste for it to bring more ressources than power strikes. And haste is not really a stat you wanna stack. For AoE, I'd still favor EE which gives burst ressources you can expand faster.

The roll/chi torpedo being a gamble whether it will work or root you is driving me crazy in pvp!

Yeah, the hotfix did nothing really. Still happens alot.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    It's not terrible. It completely depends on how much haste you got. I sim higher with ascension than Energizing Elixer. And on the Mythic runs I've done it's given me better DPS by almost 1k.
    I'd be interested in seeing these sims. You need an unacheivebale level of haste to make it better.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    This by 1000%. I wish this was how it worked, considering one of our artifact traits boosts combo breaker procs.

Anyone have sims available for pre-raid gear (840-850ish ilvl)? WtW has 878 ilvl sims and I'm not well versed enough with SimC to generate a profile. Or an expected level of dps? I know tuning can change but would like to get an idea of what to expect going in.

You'll find many bad sims around, so beware.
    Hinalover, as always, is working on some of those. With the basic APL, tweaking the mythic dungeon gear into somewhat 840 ilvl bis on ask Mr Robot, I was looking at 230k dps.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41973945
    Hinalover gave screenshot of his last stacked sim. Many classes are not up to date, but he's got WW in a very serious state. This is just a picture, he'll probably release the sim soon enough.
    I think his latest APL should be available on SimCraft now, so you're free to fiddle around with mythic dungeon bis yourself if you want AoE/hectic cleave sims.

Deleted
    Decided to keep playing WW main in Legion. The spec is great fun (played all melee classes extensively on live and beta) although DH came close nothing is quiet like windwalker.

Deleted
    Evening Fellers, First post in here. Im rerolling Monk away from Feral/Guardian Druid this expansion for a change but im having a small issue with WW that i hope the veteran players amongst you can help me with. I occasionally find myself in the following 2 scenarios.

1. Some times i get in a situation where RSK, FOF and WDP are coming off cd around the same time which means i have to delay using one of them for a GCD, is this normal?

2. Occasionally RSk comes off CD while im doing FOF and i only have 1 chi left when FOF ends forcing my to use TP before i can use RSK causing me to delay RSK for 2 gcds, is this normal?

If not fix me pretty please with cherries on top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Evening Fellers, First post in here. Im rerolling Monk away from Feral/Guardian Druid this expansion for a change but im having a small issue with WW that i hope the veteran players amongst you can help me with. I occasionally find myself in the following 2 scenarios.

1. Some times i get in a situation where RSK, FOF and WDP are coming off cd around the same time which means i have to delay using one of them for a GCD, is this normal?

2. Occasionally RSk comes off CD while im doing FOF and i only have 1 chi left when FOF ends forcing my to use TP before i can use RSK causing me to delay RSK for 2 gcds, is this normal?

If not fix me pretty please with cherries on top.
    Both scenarios are quite normal, yes. They present one of the "problems" you have to face as a windwalker, the skillcap if you will. You need to plan ahead to minimize these situations as much as possible, but occassionally you will just have to do what you said here, delay the abilities due to not having enough resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll get more used to planning ahead with practice and some of these situations will happen less and less with better planning.

A few questions if someone could enlighten me. This is at level 110.

1. Should I delay Fists of Fury and Strike of the Windlord until I have full Hit Combo? Or use them ASAP?

2. WDP and Serenity are pretty equal at 110 right? I prefer playing with WDP for sure.

3. Without Ascension I seem run into capping problems due to Hit Combo. Maybe I'm just bad, need to play with it more.

Storm, Earth, and Fire

1. What do you save your second charge for?

The longer the fight lasts the more this seems to disalign with Strike of the Windlord and/or Touch of Death. I haven't quite figured out the best way to handle this yet. Hoping for some enlightenment. Currently I've been holding my second SEF use for my third Windlord. Which then allows my third SEF use to come up with my second Touch of Death/etc.

This might be something of a moot point as I plan to mainly be doing Mythic+ dungeons and dungeon bosses don't typically last past 3-4 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    A few questions if someone could enlighten me. This is at level 110.

1. Should I delay Fists of Fury and Strike of the Windlord until I have full Hit Combo? Or use them ASAP?

2. WDP and Serenity are pretty equal at 110 right? I prefer playing with WDP for sure.

3. Without Ascension I seem run into capping problems due to Hit Combo. Maybe I'm just bad, need to play with it more.

Storm, Earth, and Fire

1. What do you save your second charge for?

The longer the fight lasts the more this seems to disalign with Strike of the Windlord and/or Touch of Death. I haven't quite figured out the best way to handle this yet. Hoping for some enlightenment. Currently I've been holding my second SEF use for my third Windlord. Which then allows my third SEF use to come up with my second Touch of Death/etc.

This might be something of a moot point as I plan to mainly be doing Mythic+ dungeons and dungeon bosses don't typically last past 3-4 minutes.
    1. Typically ASAP
    2. Somewhat, most players in most situations will see WDP as best. Serenity is more of a high level player type skill for situations they can maximize its use.
    3. Capping what? If you're capping Chi then you need to toss in more BoK, but really if you're following the priority, that shouldnt happen often.

SEF
    1. Save it for when trinkets pop, or a second cast during bloodlust, you want your hardest hitting abilities to all hit within the 15s, so be sure they have less than the required CD time left.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    3. Capping what? If you're capping Chi then you need to toss in more BoK, but really if you're following the priority, that shouldnt happen often.
    Yeah, I run into Chi caps. My BoK use is definitely off, I was messing with it some more this morning. New to Monk, still figuring out the small parts.

Mainly based around Power Strikes procs. It seems to proc while everything else is on cooldown and I get bottle necked due to hit combo, but as you pointed out, I'm just not using BoK enough to keep my Chi low while I have Fists on cooldown it seems.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-08-23 at 03:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Yeah, I run into Chi caps. My BoK use is definitely off, I was messing with it some more this morning. New to Monk, still figuring out the small parts.

Mainly based around Power Strikes procs. It seems to proc while everything else is on cooldown and I get bottle necked due to hit combo, but as you pointed out, I'm just not using BoK enough to keep my Chi low while I have Fists on cooldown it seems.
    This will be slightly less of an issue with SotW added in Legion, but weaving in maximum BoK while not delaying other abilities is the core to being the best WWyou can be.