Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoloboy View Post
    Addons are for noobs anyway.

Seriously, an addon that tells you when to move when u can see a cast bar on the boss?
    An addon to remember your rotation?
    An addon to know not stand in shit on the floor?

Its like raiding with trainingwheels.

I downed every boss fine without a single addon.
    Rather ignorant generalisation of addons.
    Arrogant people like you are not helping the discussion in the slightest.
    How people can interpret information displayed in a given way is not universal.
    People who arent you may not react the same way to the same graphical display of a castbar.
    So they may resort to text, sounds, etc.
    As long as they have to actually respond the same way, then it does not matter how they are told about it.
    Blizzard made that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocuous View Post
    I fail to see how they aren't essentially the same thing...regardless of whether an addon tells you where to go with a built-in location or tells you to go to a location you've marked separately, it is essentially the same thing. The difference is that one just saves the RL from having to mark the locations.

I know how it works as I've killed M Fel Lord many times. I want to know how raid groups did it without an addon telling them where to go.
    There is a difference between an addon generated indicator of where you should stand, and one you find in the game environment by actually examining the game environment. That takes the interpretation of the environment out of it.

That is perhaps what blizzard want, for us to determine positioning requirements by looking around us at the game we are meant to be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    Just reminding that we had addon like this already in Wotlk and it got banned, I had no clue DBM went that way.
    AVR was taking it rather further.
    It was actually overlaying graphics into the environment.
    Though arguably it is doing some of the same in showing you a graphical representation of where you should be, or shouldn't be.
    Blizzard for whatever reason decided one was too much, the other was not.

Now they have changed their mind.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-23 at 04:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoloboy View Post
    Addons are for noobs anyway.

Seriously, an addon that tells you when to move when u can see a cast bar on the boss?
    An addon to remember your rotation?
    An addon to know not stand in shit on the floor?

Its like raiding with trainingwheels.

I downed every boss fine without a single addon.
    raidfinder doesnt count

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Mythic+ dungeons may not be casual, but they're still non-competitive. It's likely that their true intention is trying to artificially slow down people's rate of content consumption speed, because expansions have to last for 2+ years now.
    You hear they're adding a weekly "best time" for Mythic+ dungeons with special rewards for having the best time of the week?
    /sig

Have they said if this is special addons like Iskar assist or with it effect DBM

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    What healing addons you are talking about exactly? Healbot and such?
    Yeah - Not sure if it's intended or unintended, but does removing range checking likes this make it harder for healers as well, not knowing who is in range?

Maybe that is what Blizzard wanted to do as well, but was just wondering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elonu View Post
    Yeah - Not sure if it's intended or unintended, but does removing range checking likes this make it harder for healers as well, not knowing who is in range?

Maybe that is what Blizzard wanted to do as well, but was just wondering.
    Iirc, if someone is out of range - his bar gets grayed out even with standard UI. I may be wrong, but i haven't used healbot since icc, when scroll up for fast heal, scroll down for slow heal while watching lost on paladin was considered "gameplay"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Iirc, if someone is out of range - his bar gets grayed out even with standard UI. I may be wrong, but i haven't used healbot since icc,
    Yeah that's how the default UI works.

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    nah timers will still be there, just no arrow telling you were to go stand
    Oh e.g. things such as the arrow for wrought chaos then I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    Just reminding that we had addon like this already in Wotlk and it got banned, I had no clue DBM went that way.
    Always thought it got banned since good old sjw blizzard didn't want people constantly drawing dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Oh e.g. things such as the arrow for wrought chaos then I assume?
    Yes.

What is being disabled is the ability of addons to know where inside the game world you are and where other people are (inside raids and dungeons only, not outdoor)
    So it cant direct you to a spot in room, because it doesn't know where you are.
    It can still see if someone is within X yards of you. but it can't see if they are to your left or your right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dmartin69 View Post
    Have they said if this is special addons like Iskar assist or with it effect DBM
    No iskar assist is fine because it doesnt use player position.
    DBM's arrow stuff will not work because the addon will no longer be able to tell where you or others are in the game world.
    The rest of the addon. Boss warnings ect will still work fine.
    The range radar will no longer work in its current form because the game doesn't know where the people around you are. But it can still check how far people are away from you so instead you will get something like a list of all players within X yards and you need to figure out yourself where to move to.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm interested to see how this effects healing add-ons. Not being able to tell how far away people are might be a bit rough. I realize that there are some people who don't use any add-ons and heal just fine, but this could be a big adjustment for a lot of healers for sure.
    Healing addons are mostly uneffected.
    Range checks will still work so the game will know if someone is in range or not.

What you will lose is things like an arrow pointing what direction an out of range person is in. (some healing addons have this currently).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Nocuous View Post
    I fail to see how they aren't essentially the same thing...regardless of whether an addon tells you where to go with a built-in location or tells you to go to a location you've marked separately, it is essentially the same thing. The difference is that one just saves the RL from having to mark the locations.

I know how it works as I've killed M Fel Lord many times. I want to know how raid groups did it without an addon telling them where to go.
    the problem was with addons telling you to run 20 yards northwest, not with addons telling you to go to star marker. the difference might not be huge on fights like fel lord, but its there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Always thought it got banned since good old sjw blizzard didn't want people constantly drawing dicks.
    I've seen swastikas being drawn with it during that time. Someone even drawed the entire flag, with white circle on a red rectangle under it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yes.
    Healing addons are mostly uneffected.
    Range checks will still work so the game will know if someone is in range or not.

What you will lose is things like an arrow pointing what direction an out of range person is in. (some healing addons have this currently).
    What about cluster indications? I know in vuhdo, you can set it so it will show you how many people are near each other, for example letting you know a wild growth may be the most effective on. Not that this matters too much, but is a nice to have in certain situations.

What about cluster indications? I know in vuhdo, you can set it so it will show you how many people are near each other, for example letting you know a wild growth may be the most effective on. Not that this matters too much, but is a nice to have in certain situations.
    I don't know the commands used to determine it but I wouldn't be surprised if this will be gone.

good catch, hadn't thought of that one.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It's important to note that BLIZ took offense with addons that were able to mark areas on the map and color/highlight them automatically. Not DBM telling you "RUN AWAY LITTLE GIRL, RUN AWAY!" when the boss begins casting Shadow Nova, for instance. In those situations, it will still work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    Then you will end up with small sized world with half the content. Because that's how Blizzard works. You should've never agreed on anything like this, because they will just make it even worse.
    Right because nothing screams content like big empty fields of nothing.

I think you're confusing 'immersion' with 'content'.