Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    So now what? She's gonna go back to daddy's land and take over the armies? Really? They'd just have her, considering her involvement with their previous leader's failure and death? Considering her CLEAR inability to lead which leads to disaster. Or reveal that she's a dreadlord like people speculate, so she can once again, get away with all the shit decisions she's made and start over, with everyone being totally cool with her? A sort of character reboot, where she's once again, the poor-poor victim?

I know I wrote a shitload of text. As a fan of the story and as someone who USED to like the Jaina Proudmoore character, I really needed to get this all off my chest. This is my personal opinion regarding her character and my opinion is that Blizzard is butchering the little that is left of her character for what? Turn her into a loot bucket? I'm afraid that by this point this is the only plausible possibility. And I felt this should be posted here because this forum is open to all regions as opposed to the separate Blizz forums.
    Polar characters are interesting characters. The events at Theramore got her back in the game so to speak.

I started quoting here because honestly I like this line of thought. There needs to be something to keep the feud between horde and alliance going otherwise PvP dies.

The last time we fought the Burning Legion, we ended up with peace between Alliance and Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Polar characters are interesting characters. The events at Theramore got her back in the game so to speak.

I started quoting here because honestly I like this line of thought. There needs to be something to keep the feud between horde and alliance going otherwise PvP dies.

The last time we fought the Burning Legion, we ended up with peace between Alliance and Horde.
    I'm not arguing that. I'm not arguing that she shouldn't hate the Horde. I'm not arguing that she shouldn't take hostile actions against the Horde. In fact I'm all for that. But what I'm arguing for is making her act with the common sense a leader should have, or at least someone who has been through a lot of crap which she has and not act like a dumb little girl whose actions never get question even by herself, no matter how stupid they are.

I'm not even sure if they did it by mistake or intentionally. The fact is they are destroying a good character without a second thought for the side effects. "JAINA HATES THE HORDE! THATS ALL I NEED! GOOD CHARACTER! YUP!" No!

Jaina's story has been butchered since Mists of Pandaria. Nothing new here.

Deleted
    its really sad. Jaina is a known and iconic figure all the way back to the WC3 days.

With proper follow-up to her after-story at WOD she could be perhaps the most interesting character in Wow.

So fair they failed her, like they failed Vol'jin, who did absolutely nothing as a Warchief. He just died for the sake of dying.

If they fuck up Sylvanas.....

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    If they fuck up Sylvanas.....
    Well, they've already fucked up one Waifu... so why not make the Horde and Alliance equal?

Can't wait to slaughter Overlord Jaina! It's gonna be epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not arguing that. I'm not arguing that she shouldn't hate the Horde. I'm not arguing that she shouldn't take hostile actions against the Horde. In fact I'm all for that. But what I'm arguing for is making her act with the common sense a leader should have, or at least someone who has been through a lot of crap which she has and not act like a dumb little girl whose actions never get question even by herself, no matter how stupid they are.

I'm not even sure if they did it by mistake or intentionally. The fact is they are destroying a good character without a second thought for the side effects. "JAINA HATES THE HORDE! THATS ALL I NEED! GOOD CHARACTER! YUP!" No!
    Her hatred for the horde and the knee jerk reaction following the destruction of Theramore was appropriate her resolve and characterization throughout MoP was on point imo.

WoD and into Legion, she continues to be proved right (from her perspective). We as the audience have the benefit of seeing the entire picture, her character does not.

Is it the best storytelling in the world? Nah, not even close. But she is a far cry from being butchered.

Look at it from this perspective. Her father was a racist, anyone of greenskin was subhuman and deserved death. Many white people believe this. She grew up surrounded by that kind of ideology and propaganda. A person can come away from that and either accept that as truth, or reject it entirely. Lets say you reject it as she did. Now lets say these black people (green people) come in and kill everyone she has ever loved. Well now what Daddy used to say about greenskins all of sudden doesn't sound so horrid anymore, in fact most of it now reflects your own feelings. It is absolutely believable she could make such a 180 turn.

You not wanting her to become that character is NOT the same as butchering her character.

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    Jaina's story has been butchered since Mists of Pandaria. Nothing new here.
    This. The Purge of Dalaran was the first step on a long path of terrible writing for her, sadly.

Dear writers at Blizzard: you can't just shift a character's personality 180º and expect her to remain solid. If you want the Alliance to have someone who will bring war to the Horde, use someone who wasn't a fucking diplomat up until that point.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlust View Post
    Dear writers at Blizzard: you can't just shift a character's personality 180º and expect her to remain solid. If you want the Alliance to have someone who will bring war to the Horde, use someone who wasn't a fucking diplomat up until that point.
    At least Blizzard has Greymane to do that job.

it wouldnt be a shock to me if next expansion or even maybe later this expansion(Legion) she goes full crazy Garrosh style and we get her as a raid boss.
    BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    WoD and into Legion, she continues to be proved right (from her perspective). We as the audience have the benefit of seeing the entire picture, her character does not.
    That is very funny. It does not take a reader's (or viewer's) perspective to see she's lacking all the leadership skills to be justified as a leader. That's what's butchering her. She's becoming Doctor Evil minus the terror that inspires people to follow her. So right now, she's being followed because she really hates the Horde, never mind that she loses two damned cities in two expansions.

You don't need to justify her hate for the Horde. I don't care how much she hates the Horde. What you can't justify is her leadership position when she's a total disaster in that perspective since MOP.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is very funny. It does not take a reader's (or viewer's) perspective to see she's lacking all the leadership skills to be justified as a leader. That's what's butchering her. She's becoming Doctor Evil minus the terror that inspires people to follow her. So right now, she's being followed because she really hates the Horde, never mind that she loses two damned cities in two expansions.

You don't need to justify her hate for the Horde. I don't care how much she hates the Horde. What you can't justify is her leadership position when she's a total disaster in that perspective since MOP.
    Ignoring her passions and internal conflicts is what your problem is. She was never fit to be a leader. Fans pretending she is/was is YOUR mistake not the writers.

7+ Year Old Account
    She was sucking green dick for years. That and her turncoating is what got Theramore nuked, she was always worthless, and will continue to be so. The sooner Sylvanas does away with her the better. Alliance doesn't even want her as a wet-nurse for Anduin, the child-king.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    I 100% agree with pengalor

Jaina's change is frustrating because from nearly the very beginning she was characterized as someone willing to trust the Horde despite past conflicts and tensions, and then Blizzard threw this 180 in personality at us right when Anduin becomes a major character and all that came with that. It wasn't like there was a theme of "Alliance and Horde can never get along, one has to go" building up, but rather the opposite, so seeing Jaina abandon that viewpoint so abruptly to take a viewpoint more extreme than that of her father who she helped kill.

And it's not like this was a slow change, where Jaina felt hurt by things the Horde had done and slowly started to have second thoughts about them. She was still the voice of reason in Wrath, trying to keep Varian from becoming a warmonger bent on destroying the Horde. Yet in MoP, we see the roles reversed, where Jaina attempts to convince Varian to dismantle the Horde and he becomes the voice of reason.

Extremists characters are fine--Genn has reason to be angry at the Horde, and he doesn't get shit like Jaina because his previous actions made sense with the direction his character has taken. Jaina's don't. With Jaina, it feels like the previous character was destroyed to make Varian and Anduin look better.
    To be fair, she had a good reason to go 180. That bomb turned her home into a crater and vaporized a lot of people she loved or otherwise cared about. Stands to reason she'd change her views on orcs (as well as the Horde in general) after seeing something like that.

You'd think she would realize the threat and importance of working together considering she has fought the Legion before. Even Vereesa puts her grudges aside and works together with the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm not really liking the direction Blizzard is going with Jaina. Seems awfully familiar to what they did with Garrosh which is why I predict she will probably end up dead by the end of Legion probably because CORRUPTION! Like what happens to everything else in WoW, everything gets CORRUPTED.

To be honest, I never really cared much about Jaina mainly because she never really did anything until the bombing. I think she's a better character for having more hatred for the Horde and realizing they're not all nice guys like Thrall finally but Blizzard took her too far. Now she's becoming an Alliance female Garrosh. She's some high ranking mage so you'd think she'd be one of the most wisest mages out there but no she stoops down to that of an emotional teenager who thinks her personal problems or more important than the big picture here and blindly accuses the Horde for everything and acting like they're a bigger threat than the Legion who will literally destroy the world. Totally stupid.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Yeah I'm not really liking the direction Blizzard is going with Jaina. Seems awfully familiar to what they did with Garrosh which is why I predict she will probably end up dead by the end of Legion probably because CORRUPTION! Like what happens to everything else in WoW, everything gets CORRUPTED.
    Except garrosh hadnt any reason to hate alliance that much.. Jaina has a big reason.. No and dont cover behind ''Euhueu Garrosh did all of this, the horde is innocent''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Except garrosh hadnt any reason to hate alliance that much.. Jaina has a big reason.. No and dont cover behind ''Euhueu Garrosh did all of this, the horde is innocent''
    Well yeah of course and like I said I like how Jaina has more hate for the Horde but other than that it's Garrosh all over again.

Not sure what you mean by the other part of your comment. Wasn't trying to defend Horde if that's what you're getting to. I play on both sides.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Sorry, i somehow missread part of your comment, but point still stands for other apologists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    So fuk the world, let the Legion burn whole Azeroth, my hate is much more important right?