Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah it looks like a crazy mobster that's trying too hard.

Again, not Leto's fault. The writers.

The same writers that forbade Henry Cavill from smiling.

Deleted
    Well he had nothing to work with. There's no scene about the Joker really, it's all about Harley Quinn in the end. And I bet it got butchered by post filming cutting and editing anyway.

In the Suicide Squad I saw at the cinema, they might as well completely cut out the Joker.

After seeing the film I can echo a lot of the criticisms that others have mentioned. I think the film would have done well to focus more on Waller really being the villain and all of the crap that happens being more about her not only doing damage control, but also using that damage control to her advantage. That is just what she does. May as well spoiler the rest of the discussion, just in case..

-I really enjoyed the visuals on the Enchantress as I thought that was a great well done creepy vibe. It would have been fun to see more of Waller exploiting her abilities to gain political power and leverage. I do hope they can bring Enchantress in the more traditional comic role and have her as a member of the team, trying to make amends for what she did or something.
    -I liked how Waller thought the heart in a bomb case would let her control her. Would have liked to have seen more discussion on DCCU magic as even though she had a good plan from what she knew, she was still messing with powers she didn't understand.
    -For those that didn't read the comics back in the day, Captain Boomerang getting Slipknot killed was a shout out. Saw it coming from the trailers but still got a chuckle out of it.
    -I seem to be in the minority here, but I didn't care for Will Smith's deadshot. I'm not generally opposed to race swapping, it's just that when Will Smith does comedy, he is usually Will Smith and not the character he is playing. To me it was Will Smith in a deadshot costume way too much. He wasn't horrible it just didn't work for me as a fan of Suicide Squad and Secret Six, it just didn't seem like deadshot, and that's a shame as I like Will Smith. To me he's like Tom Hanks and it's hard to see the actor and not think it's Will Smith.
    -Harley was fine, and I feel the same about the joker as many here: I didn't dislike him, but I didn't like him that much either as I don't think we had enough time with him. It would be really great to see an extended cut where what we saw was through Harley's eyes, and then see how abusive the joker was to her from those around him, and realize Harley's view of him was all rose colored glasses.
    -I liked the flash cameo and how mostly useless Captain Boomerang was, since that's what he is in the comics as well. We should have seen him throwing more boomerangs though. He, Katana, and Killer Croc needed more screen time for development as seems to be the consensus.
    -Diablo was I thought well done until they went deus ex on him and he just happened to be the reincarnation of another entity similar to Enchantress and the big bad and could somewhat hold his ground (as all the others were useless)... what an annoying wtf to break the mood of the movie. It doesn't even deserve to be called a deus ex, it was just dumb.
    -The true big bad was utterly lame, and he dies... to a bomb? I understand that sending normal soldiers here was a no-no, but just a bomb was all they needed?

Overall this movie had a lot of problems but as a fan of the concept and of Waller, I enjoyed most of it. About a 6.5-7.0 for me personally.

Is the book any good? Is it less stupid than the movie, at least?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    There are multiple books on Task Force X / Suicide Squad. The animated movie "Assault on Arkham" was better.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    There are multiple books on Task Force X / Suicide Squad.
    I meant the novelization by Wolfman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Watch the animation Batman: Assault on Arkham. It was one of the best animations i had seen at the time and the reason why i was so hyped for Suicide Squad...it was cool and different to be on the side of the villains.
    http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movi...22_p_v8_ai.jpg

Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-08-21 at 06:47 PM.

Well, i went in with low expectations and got a good laugh and action movie. Although i do miss the cut scenes i read about. Considering how much smoother/better BvS Ultimate Edition goes i really, really want to punch the guy/girl in the face that decided to cut that much from the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The BvS extended cut didn't add anything more to the story, imo. The extra scenes felt out of place and useless, and just dragged it out even longer.
    Butt... Ben Affleck's ass!

I really don't care what anyone thinks. Not about this stuff, anyway.

I'm gonna see it at home when it hits the pay tv services like HBO/Cinemax/Showtime/Starz. Not because I don't want to see it sooner, but because going to the movies is too expensive.

I'm a Service Connected Disabled Vet and I did the math and realized that it was cheaper to buy all the pay channels and get almost ALL the movies...at a drastically reduced price with the caveat that I'd have to wait. And...I'm a patient person, so it's no bother.

But, I find that worrying about what others think about a movie is pretty pointless.

I've watched PLENTY of highly rated movies that I thought were garbage and really enjoyed plenty of B movies (popcorn summer action movies, usually) that were broadly panned as terribad and had a fine time crunchin' my popcorn and enjoying the movie for what it was. Not that I don't appreciate indy cinema or serious cinema...I do.

When I came across Winter's Bone with Jennifer Lawrence, no one I know had ever heard of it or her and were stunned when I recommended it. Tour de Force performance.

So, I'm gonna wait until Suicide Squad comes out on the pay channels, pop me up a huge bowl of popcorn and...watch it.

And if I like it, I really won't care if I'm the only person on earth who did.

Is that a thing now? Liking something has to be done by consensus? I mean, I liked the Warcraft movie, even though there was tons of issues with it. TONS. OF. ISSUES. And I really hope they make a sequel.

Feel free to like what you wanna like.

OT: I dunno why DC has issues with their IP, but then again, I'm behind watching their movies...still haven't seen Superman v Batman... At some point, they'll get it turned around. Remember, Marvel movies were terribad, too, at one point...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    The only person i've seen so far IN A LONG time that is amazing would be Cameron Monaghan.
    Cameron Monaghan's performance is basically the same thing Heath Ledger did. Jared Leto's was at least original.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Watch the animation Batman: Assault on Arkham. It was one of the best animations i had seen at the time and the reason why i was so hyped for Suicide Squad...it was cool and different to be on the side of the villains.
    http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movi...22_p_v8_ai.jpg

Completely agree with u here it's what the live action movie should have been

Quote Originally Posted by Rubic View Post
    Cameron Monaghan's performance is basically the same thing Heath Ledger did. Jared Leto's was at least original.
    I didn't find the two-bit mobster schtick very original.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to see it last week, and in my opinion it was a bad movie, maybe even worse than Batman vs Superman.
    I haven't read any of the comics (except some of batman), but I did play Arkham Asylum on PC.

I AM quite excited about the Wonder Woman movie, as far a DC is concerned.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

The extended edition of Suicide Squad is out. If I rated movies I would give the original version 4 out of 10 or so, the extended edition gets 8 out of 10, they cut a lot of stuff out of movie and damaged the story, IMO. It is very long though and a few scenes just didn't work.

I see me and Winter are on opposite sides of the fence, lol.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2016-12-02 at 01:36 AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland