Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    One day i hope assimilation to host culture wont be a dirty word used by SJW, but a sign of respect and willingness to be part of a nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you folks talk about the need for the immigrants to assimilate, then perhaps you need to assimilate yourselves first. Since you don't seem to be aware of the values on which Western society is built. Some of which are freedom of expression, freedom of religion, freedom of individuality.

Once people stop picking up on each other for ridiculous reasons, such as dress or religious views, perhaps we finally can get along with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iQ Superi0r View Post
    Wrong title, Germany hasn't banned anything.
    THIS girl IS prohibited from attending her school as long as she doesnt dress into something other than niquab during lessons. Ok, call it "school order, backed by court" or else, feel free.

For info: European Court already ruled a burka ban is very well within jurisdiction of a country, so please stop from arguing. You may not like the judgement, but it's the law of EU, which forms the parts of Europe far and wide into the east up to russia and turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    Lol. Walking with a Ski-mask is obvious, walking with a niqab is normal, since people see it as a religious thing. + This is protected by law the ski mask thing is not. If you go with a ski-mask to a bank, nothing will happen, as I often don't get my motorcycle helmet out and I just walk in to the ATM inside the bank. Stop crying about it man, honestly.
    Which is why if I was robbing a bank id use a niqab over a skimask

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see the big deal about wearing one so long as you comply with law enforcement if they need to see your face for some reason. I don't need to be able to see someones face 100% of the time. But if this is the schools rule then you comply or find a different school, it's that simple. I hated wearing a stupid uniform in middle school but I had to comply.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    If you folks talk about the need for the immigrants to assimilate, then perhaps you need to assimilate yourselves first. Since you don't seem to be aware of the values on which Western society is built. Some of which are freedom of expression, freedom of religion, freedom of individuality.

Once people stop picking up on each other for ridiculous reasons, such as dress or religious views, perhaps we finally can get along with each other.
    Frankly none of those values are being violated. She is allowed to be muslim or any other religion she may want to be a part of, she can express herself freely as well. But the school simply wants to confirm her identity while she is in school. I highly doubt the school is doing it to "pick" on her, but simply for security reasons.

Personally I think it's about time to ban burkas/niqab's in Germany. It is a ridiculous notion that people from other countries come here, be it immigration for financial reason or fleeing from war, that they force their customs to be accepted. If I go to Dubai my girlfriend does not run around in hotpants either but respects their customs and dresses appropriately. I think that is a more than fair expectation, we are only guests in Dubai at that point. But that street goes both ways, at least it should.

Deleted
    apparently... Nowhere in the Quran does it mention, a niqab or burka. It's a cultural thing, not a religious thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    apparently... Nowhere in the Quran does it mention, a niqab or burka. It's a cultural thing, not a religious thing.
    Garb like that did exist prior to Islam too.

Just wish I posted in here sooner, I love the irony of those who call being banned off a forum/social site censorship, but are fine and dandy with this.

You will see that freedom of expression when they call women of their countries whore for showing their ankles. You are such insufferable fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Would you want loose t-shirts and jackets to be banned as well if a suicide bomber used those to conceal an explosive device?

Personally, I think that kind of excessively conservative attire is utterly ridiculous. I'm also on board with requiring its removal in certain situations where identification of the person is important. However, people who try to use the "they could have a bomb under there" argument are fucking morons. There are countless, far less conspicuous ways to hide weapons or explosives.
    Yep nothings stopping them from just filling a back pack up with explosives.

It should be banned anywhere you wouldn't be allowed to casually walk in wearing a ski mask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Think this is a decent compromise. They could be calling to ban all Muslims like some do. Once that's on the table, I think banning an article of clothing that covers your face doesn't seem all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Brainwashed and stupid for pointing out that a mask obscuring one's identity is a security risk and would be easily used by a Terrorist?
    (and in fact has been used by several men in several televised beheadings)

Alright, tell you what. Convince all the bad-guys to not wear their masks and we'll let this girl wear a Niqab. I will leave it at that as I have no desire to engage in the same infantile name-calling game you seem to need to apply to make your points. I merely will point out that your logic is lacking in this matter.

It is a good thing the choice is out of both our hands and that this girl is not going to be permitted to wear it in class.
    It is a bad thing that she is going to be unable to go to school because "she" has been brainwashed.
    Should we ban Halloween costumes as well. Muslim women covering themselves isn't an issue, Muslim women being forced to cover themselves is

Migration and integration are not one way streets. If you want others to accept your culture into their live, you also need to be willing to accept part of their culture into your live. Just a small mind experiment, what would you be willing to sacrifice of your lifestyle if you were to migrate into an arabic to adapt to the local customs there? An equally large sacrifice should be well in line to what immigrants into western society have to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Migration and integration are not one way streets. If you want others to accept your culture into their live, you also need to be willing to accept part of their culture into your live. Just a small mind experiment, what would you be willing to sacrifice of your lifestyle if you were to migrate into an arabic to adapt to the local customs there? An equally large sacrifice should be well in line to what immigrants into western society have to make.
    As long as the person doesn't violate the local laws, I am honestly fine with them not integrating whatsoever. I would prefer that they do, but changing clothing is not something I even see as having anything to do with integration.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

As long as the person doesn't violate the local laws, I am honestly fine with them not integrating whatsoever. I would prefer that they do, but changing clothing is not something I even see as having anything to do with integration.
    And you see violating the the local law has been pretty common. Granted, you'd expect that out of tracts of people that hire smuggling boats to illegaly enter a country, burn identification papers, lie about age, previous home and familial status, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And you see violating the the local law has been pretty common. Granted, you'd expect that out of tracts of people that hire smuggling boats to illegaly enter a country, burn identification papers, lie about age, previous home and familial status, etc.
    That's why I said "as long as"...

That's why I said "as long as"...
    And I'm sure you mean that.

I think if she showed up for the court appointment the outcome would have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    Its called freedom of religion which is in fact implemented into country law. I need to say more?
    Is that the case in Germany?