High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only drastic change I see would be shifting from Hemo to MP. We'll have to see how the sims workout, mastery should be much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedativ View Post
    Envenom damage has been increased to 60% Attack Power per point (was 50%).

Deadly Poison instant damage has been increased to 17% Attack Power (was 14.2%).

Rupture damage has been decreased to 25% Attack Power (was 30%).

Agonizing Poison now stacks 5 times (was 4).

Developer's Note: We shifted some damage from Rupture into poison affects to increase the significance of poisons in the rotation and help poison-oriented talents better compete with bleed-oriented talents.

Looks like Mastery and T19 might be a lot more viable now.
    Looks like something they didn't mention they nerfed master poisoner to 30% with these changes as well.

Deadly Poison instant damage has been increased to 17% Attack Power (was 14.2%).

Developer's Note: We shifted some damage from Rupture into poison affects to increase the significance of poisons in the rotation and help poison-oriented talents better compete with bleed-oriented talents.

This is good, now if only they would redesign that crappy agonizing poison I might change my main spec to assassination, like it has been since wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    Method say that's best legion spec is sin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz1oytN7MNE
    Just because someone from method says so, must mean it's true.

Except that all sims point to it being competitive in first tier, not top, and falling to last in nighthold by a small margin.

But you go ahead and listen to the celebrity.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Looks like something they didn't mention they nerfed master poisoner to 30% with these changes as well.
    I'm still seeing 40% on the tooltip ingame. Where are you seeing 30?

Shifts the damage from one source to another which should make people whine less about the bleeds/poison balance but does it cover the enormous gap between Sin and Combat? Doesn't initially look like it but time to start testing and doing sims I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    The point would be purely that you like one playstyle over another. This is actually how it should work: the specs should be roughly equal.

I'm wrong almost by habit, but I predict they want outlaw to be just a touch OP this pass because they really want to see how roll the bones will work out and the more of us that play it, the better. I can't see any way around juggling between assassin and outlaw and it makes me resent the legendaries, the idea of which I think is excellent.

If I'm having trouble getting my mind around juggling, what are the hybrid classes doing? Really wondering if this is going to harm off-spec.

They are always creating perceived problems and trying to solve them (and yes, most of the time they perceive real problems and solve them but our switching between specs is probably not a real problem).
    problem is that you cant really balance every spec to be exactly the same in every regard without ruining them and even then it's impossible

so might as well just let each have their respective niché which are way easier to balance around

Shifts the damage from one source to another which should make people whine less about the bleeds/poison balance but does it cover the enormous gap between Sin and Combat? Doesn't initially look like it but time to start testing and doing sims I guess.
    what that does is make assa actualy scale with stats other than crit and versa which even if it doesnt ever beat outlaw is a good thing in the long run

I'm still seeing 40% on the tooltip ingame. Where are you seeing 30?
    On my in game tooltip, who knows their hotfixes are always a little buggy at first.

If I log on beta which got no hotfixes mp is 40% agonizing is 4 stacks live 5 stacks and 30% mp

Now live says 40% mp for me idk these hotfixes always act weird for some.

Now it says 30% again who knows where the wheel will stop spinning.

My guess since exang nerf had the same bugginess when it got nerfed this got nerfed to 30%.

Other rogues in my guild are confirming their's say 30% as well.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-08-23 at 04:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would they nerf Master Poisoner, it was already so far behind Hemo that no one was taking it if they cared at all about dps. The slight poison/bleed changes might have just brought it up a *little* bit closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Why would they nerf Master Poisoner, it was already so far behind Hemo that no one was taking it if they cared at all about dps. The slight poison/bleed changes might have just brought it up a *little* bit closer.
    I dunno why they do anything they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    On my in game tooltip, who knows their hotfixes are always a little buggy at first.

If I log on beta which got no hotfixes mp is 40% agonizing is 4 stacks live 5 stacks and 30% mp

Now live says 40% mp for me idk these hotfixes always act weird for some.

Now it says 30% again who knows where the wheel will stop spinning.

My guess since exang nerf had the same bugginess when it got nerfed this got nerfed to 30%.

Other rogues in my guild are confirming their's say 30% as well.
    lmao absolutely revolting

Yes... seems like that would "fix" the scaling with mastery
    and soothes people whining about bleeds vs poisons (like it matters...)

but now with all these nerfs to bleeds, they crippled the gameplay of this spec.
    they took away any fun potential it had.

I am still seeing 30 % on master poisoner.

Same here, I'm seeing 30% as well on master poisoner, not sure how this will effect everything, gotta wait till the numbers get redone, but I assume there might be more changes.

they've update the page to show the master poisoner nerf.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ixes-august-23

Seems like the MP nerf makes the changes a bit useless

Goes to show how completely clueless blizz is. I sincerely doubt people were going to pick mp before the nerf, they certainly won't now. What a wonky spec.

"We shifted some damage from Rupture into poison affects to increase the significance of poisons in the rotation and help poison-oriented talents better compete with bleed-oriented talents."

Then, we nerfed poison oriented talents to help bleed-oriented talents compete with poison-oriented talents. Additionally, my left hand has no clue what my right hand is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    Method say that's best legion spec is sin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz1oytN7MNE
    Watch the relase date ._.
    This was before the exang nerf and Outlaw's buffs. Outlaw is better then assa basically always atm (and i doubth that things will change to much after the recent hotfixes, they've just shifted damage from bleed to poison, we have to w8 for new sims anyway)

Where are you finding current sims?