Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Divine Steed can no longer be used while Hexed.
    And with that, my dream of Everquest-style frog knights comes to an end

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    What I got out of this is that if you're in the vast vast vast majority of players that will never do organized raiding or Mythic dungeons, there is zero point to subbing for Legion until a month after release. That's actually fantastic, money saved is money earned.
    yeah, a real shame LFR opens so late

What I got out of this is that if you're in the vast vast vast majority of players that will never do organized raiding or Mythic dungeons, there is zero point to subbing for Legion until a month after release. That's actually fantastic, money saved is money earned.
    Artifact leveling will take a considerable amount of time.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, 3 weeks before raids open. Was hoping for 2. I guess that gives me time to level some alts.

Wait, what? You make no sense. If you are not interested in organized raiding or Mythic+ dungeons, you have all the reasons to start playing as it launches, because you've got everything unlocked except LFR (which opens at the same time as Mythic raids). The only reason LFR opens later than normal is so people don't "cheat" by getting easy upgrade right before going in normal or heroic. The other thing, the gated opening, is to make sure a raid that normally would have you progress for a month or two doesn't get cleared in LFR in an hour, that's all.

By playing Legion on the day it launches, it allows:

-Leveling experience, which is amazing this time around
    -Professions, with quests which are tied to the leveling experience
    -Dungeons, normal and heroic
    -Suramar at 110
    -Artifact unlocking and leveling
    -Class hall and Campaign story which is really cool when you reach the end (story unique to your class)
    -World Quest with rewards that can be better than LFR

"there is zero point to subbing for Legion until a month after release" - bullshit

Now, if you said: Since I'm only interested in logging in for LFR and logging off and paying 15$ a month for only that, yes, you are right, there's zero point. But I would add there's never been a point to ever play WoW if that's all you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    Wait, what? You make no sense. If you are not interested in organized raiding or Mythic+ dungeons, you have all the reasons to start playing as it launches, because you've got everything unlocked except LFR (which opens at the same time as Mythic raids). The only reason LFR opens later than normal is so people don't "cheat" by getting easy upgrade right before going in normal or heroic. The other thing, the gated opening, is to make sure a raid that normally would have you progress for a month or two doesn't get cleared in LFR in an hour, that's all.

-Suramar at 110
    -Class hall and Campaign story which is really cool when you reach the end (story unique to your class)

"there is zero point to subbing for Legion until a month after release" - bullshit

Now, if you said: Since I'm only interested in logging in for LFR and logging off and paying 15$ a month for only that, yes, you are right, there's zero point. But I would add there's never been a point to ever play WoW if that's all you do.
    *applause*

Mythic dungeon difficulty will be available after the weekly dungeon reset time.

Does this mean that players in the EU get access to the Mythic dungeons on Wednedsay 31st and the US on Tuesday September 6th? Or does the EU and US both reset on Tuesdays?

Quote Originally Posted by Evlyxx View Post
    Mythic dungeon difficulty will be available after the weekly dungeon reset time.

Does this mean that players in the EU get access to the Mythic dungeons on Wednedsay 31st and the US on Tuesday September 6th? Or does the EU and US both reset on Tuesdays?
    EU will get it on Wed the 31st, US on Wed the 30th, this was only done to prevent the leveling rush into doing 2 Mythic dungeons next week for EU (they get the expac 9 hrs before the US and therefore, if leveled fast enough, could get a mythic run in before their reset on wed) It just levels the playing field out on number mythics post launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    yeah, a real shame LFR opens so late
    Actually, no, it's not. Yeah, you could sub a month later. But those ppl playing LFR are mostly those with the lowest time for wow. Like myself - I have quite the active RL but I don't wanna miss WoW and like to play it. I can only do LFR, because I can't stick to a set raid schedule even on a loose group. If I have the time to raid, I need LFR, because the invite time can be like 10 min. and I can start with it.

When LFR starts, I hope I'm ready for it and were in heroics already.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Some of us don't have access to twitter due to work restrictions, what is the new questline that just became active today?

Quote Originally Posted by Edellan View Post
    Some of us don't have access to twitter due to work restrictions, what is the new questline that just became active today?
    Just three quick quests, Go to Dal (1), Clear some arcane stuff (2), summon a lore figure (3). Takes like 5 min, but its 5 min to get done before launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know definitively when Legion will launch? Like, Is it going to be August 30 00:00 CEST World Wide?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post

-Suramar at 110

I'm sorry but you're wrong. You get those things regardless of when you sub. You're still going to do the leveling content, professions, etc. The only thing you'll miss out on is some Artifact grinding, but if you're an average player that doesn't matter. If you're an average player you're not going to grind that bullshit incessantly anyway. Still going to do the class hall and campaign story stuff and world quests. But since you can't even get to the end game for average players until a month after the game launches / finish it until a month after that, why would you EVER pay for those months sub time? For five mans? Nah. At any point after LFR launches, whether it's just the first wing or it's the second wing or whatever, I'll spend however many hours leveling, jump into some five mans, and then run LFR and explore the world. Pay them $30 for no end-game while the hardcore raiders pay them that same $30 and get their end game? Fuuuuuuck that. Make LFR share a lockout with Normal/Heroic/Mythic so that the idiots in abusive guilds won't feel forced to run it and release it at the same time as everyone else, don't penalize the average player for having better shit to do than plan their schedule every week around raid time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Yeah that's what I meant. I'm amazed that people somehow hate momentum so much they'd rather take a garbage talent that involves auto attacking half the time but then again most people pick all the passives in a spec and then go "waaaah everyone else is doing more damage than me boo hoo"
    Dafuq are you talking about? You take Demon Blades with Momentum.... because it was the top DPS talent to take.... with Momentum.... You have 0 clue what your even talking about, or your on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Im sorry, but are you really complaining that you won't be able to do the 2-button spec rotation anymore?

Anything is better than autoattack demon hunters
    I just treated demon blades as a passive generator like a rogue, but you use more than one skill.

I don't like spamming demon bite while having to fel rush and vengeful retreating on CD, if we didn't have to do that dumbass shit to DPS properly, i wouldn't mind demon blade being worse, but currently, prepared is the only real option now, especially when combined with momentum and fel mastery.

I prefer demonic appetite, but having to pick up orbs manually in a raid is stupid, and even picking them up on CD, it still sims quite a bit below prepared and demon blades.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the new quest just went live (The invasion dalaran quest) and my god how shit, takes 2 minutes, 1 of those is sitting waiting for voiceless chatter between khadgar and a ghost.

It doesnt seem that they are giving us more content, its more like they fragment it and deliver it later so there is illusion of constant updating, just like in wod. I dont get why are that raids available so late, and Nighthold, the same tier is available much more later.. Yeah its like wod - Highmaul and Blackrock foundry.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Just three quick quests, Go to Dal (1), Clear some arcane stuff (2), summon a lore figure (3). Takes like 5 min, but its 5 min to get done before launch.
    Thanks for the reply!

Okay Blizzard.. This has been a great pre-patch compared to the others. I really enjoyed the Broken Shore scenario, the cinematics were fantastic and the Invasions have been solid and given me lots of decent gear on alts and made me able to power-level low-level alts.

But this whole Khadgar quest-chain has been a total mess and a huge let-down compared to everything else. The first potion had a lot of great text and lore, but no voice-over and was not using the new dialogue system from Legion so I had to frantically read it in the chat window and most of the text simply went by too fast for me to keep up.

And then you decided to split the quest-chain, for what exactly? The last "portion" we got today was nothing. It was a tiny, non-engaging quest doing nothing at all. Then we get a few seconds with more text without voice-over to read in the chat and that's it. Why split the quest-chain like this at all when the last portion is done within 2-minutes? Feels really awkward and the entire quest-chain feels really lacklustre and underwhelming compared to everything else we've got in the Pre-Patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    So all 6 invasions are up all at once... do we know what's the reset timer? 2h still? 300% ramp up would dictate 6 invasions per hour.

Anyway, I'll know soon enough

Come on Blizz. Makes some changes to Locks.
    So dull to play atm.