Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Less stats? Who gives a shit? Also if the same number of rings drop relative to previous expansions, what difference does it make what stats are on them?
    If noyhing else it is faster because you no longer have a bunch of tank or healer rings getting sharded weekly.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Its better than nothing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Not like it matters its just there for alts as a quick catch up so that they're not complete wet noodles going into legion questing. You're gonna outgear the stuff within the first 3 levels so no point in asking if its good enough for current content
    Not entirely true. I didn't start seeing 730 stuff until around 105 on beta.

Some items in Legion will not have primary stats (Strength, Agility, Intellect), and last time I checked those items were necks and rings (maybe trinkets too?). To prepare players for this, the Demon Invasion gear reflects this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The base broken shore ring before a warforge proc is 685, same with the weapon and trinket from that same quest chain.
    For Horde the Mark of Orgrimmar is 685 but for Alliance the Signet of Stormwind is 700 why... idk but it is.

Invasion gear is great for gearing up alts so they will have easier leveling in Legion. My profession alt had around 620 ilvl, now he have around 690 thx to invasion. The gear is not meant to be used for competitive raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    My only complaint is that the rings and neck don't have your main stat on it. Is there a reason for this? It'll give you stamina and secondary stats but leave out strength, intellect, and agility, the most important stats. What the hell is that? If anything leave out stamina. It's frustrating because it's a higher ilvl than what I have and I want to buy them but I don't want to lose my main stat either.

Knowing Blizzard I'm sure there's some stupid reason like "it'll be too overpowered" or some shit.
    Legion drops for ring, necks, and backs won't have your primary stat on them. Additionally Artifact weapons do not have spell/attack power on them.

The base broken shore ring before a warforge proc is 685, same with the weapon and trinket from that same quest chain.
    For some reason the alliance one is 700 I know I have this on multiple alts I have leveled recently thru the invasions and the horde one is 685. Maybe because the horde ran away ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Legion drops for ring, necks, and backs won't have your primary stat on them. Additionally Artifact weapons do not have spell/attack power on them.
    Backs still have main stat on them however it changes main stat when you change spec like the rest of your armor now.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    Backs still have main stat on them however it changes main stat when you change spec like the rest of your armor now.
    Hmmm I have a bug to go report then. Rings, necks, and weapons still hold true though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    It's because necks and rings do not have primary stats on them (other than Stamina) in Legion.
    Ah I see so I guess I should just buy them and get used to it then.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Because it means you have less stats in total, and it also means you have to compete with 19 other people to even get one. Might as well be the 20th to get one.
    Less stats in total doesn't matter at all. Everyone is in the same boat, and the game is balanced around that. The fact that they have only secondary stats also make them less of a priority over items like relics and trinkets, which makes it a significantly lesser deal if you don't get the best one right away over some guild mates. A 850 amulet only has about 200 less secondary stats in total than an 875 one. That's not going to be a make-or-break factor for most people.

If noyhing else it is faster because you no longer have a bunch of tank or healer rings getting sharded weekly.
    Exactly! I guess people like Lei Shi will bitch about anything.
    Beta Club Brosquad

You should be able to get almost all 700+ gear from invasions and upgrade your weapon from invasions to 725.

Read some guides on your class/spec. Optimizing your talents and ability priorities should help a lot. Replacing those cata pieces are going to help too.

Not all gear has the best secondary stats for your class/spec; example: there are no invasion weapons for a havoc dh with crit.

You also have the option of farming baleful gear from tanaan and using the upgrade tokens when you get a piece that has the right stats; if really lucky, you can end up with 705 pieces with perfect stats after the 2/2 valor upgrades. Baleful drops a lot from rares, the upgrade tokens sometimes, or you can buy tokens for 5k and the upgrade token for 20k apexi (weapon 10k).

Do Kazzak and use bonus roll token on him, for a chance at >700 gear.

Overall, don't worry about numbers that much, worry about doing the best at perfecting your play at your class and the numbers will improve both from your gameplay and from gear upgrades.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory