Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Realm hopping nerf...

So to my horror the realm hoping nerf really just hit it hard.

I was in jungle getting some quick loot on my hunter. I saw that now we can only realm hop if the party/raid leader is in same zone as yourself. So was searching for daylie and kazzak groups...

That works a little bit, but for other zones it won't. Sooooo many grinds done with realm hopping which is now waaay harder...enjoy farm rare's in MOP...

I knew it would be nerfed, but jesus its a big one.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    It was an unintended side effect of an actual feature, what did you expect?

Let me give you a friendly advice. I used to be a hardcore rare hunter, wasting hours upon hours upon hours of my life over not actually playing the game, but afking waiting for a mob to spawn instead. Then, when Blizzard turned crz bullshit on, I understood that rare camping is nothing but useless waste of precious time. So, my advice is: embrace the truth and show a big middle finger to Blizzard and their "rare hunting" idiocy, which is specifically designed over stealing your money while not letting you play the damn game.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

It's been this way since 7.0.3 nearly a month ago. Good to see that people are finally starting to realize it doesn't work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
    It was an unintended side effect of an actual feature, what did you expect?
    This.

You weren't "farming" pets as a hunter by hopping from realm to realm until you found one, you were exploiting an unintended feature. Camping out to get that rare spawn is a lot different from running an addon that hops you from realm to realm until you find what you're looking for.

Isn't this a consequence of CRZ being replaced with a shard like system? There shouldn't be any useless copies of lowly populated zones up, merely enough to keep population healthy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

I was in jungle getting some quick loot on my hunter. I saw that now we can only realm hop if the party/raid leader is in same zone as yourself. So was searching for daylie and kazzak groups...

That works a little bit, but for other zones it won't. Sooooo many grinds done with realm hopping which is now waaay harder...enjoy farm rare's in MOP...

That's wonderful!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

Not really a nerf, just a fix. Was needed, to be honest.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    The quicker people work this out the better we'll be for it too

I have 5 accounts and just multibox leveled toons on other servers via invasions. Took 2 days to get 4 toons to 100 and now I can realm hop to 4 other dead realms

Deleted
    People are still trying to flood Custom groups, as you can see when you create a group named something random like "hhhhhhhhhhh".

All Im saying is Im glad I farmed some stuff pre-legion patch now...but also didn't farm enough

Now stuff like the rare spwans mounts is gonna suck to get...but at least I got most of the toy's from rares in MOP
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

People have to remember that they will actually have a chance to farm stuff on their own realm now without having 100s of people zone in and out constantly. You can't go to all those other realms - but they also can't come to YOUR realm now.

Deleted
    so blizz finally managed to "fix" their stupid idea. great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god. Realm hopping is so freaking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    People are still trying to flood Custom groups, as you can see when you create a group named something random like "hhhhhhhhhhh".
    If you have a mage you can give yourself ports this way, I still give my toons ports to other towns and shrine using this method.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad I only care about raids and dungeons so I don't have to give a shit about server hopping.

ty god the fixed it, why in the hell would you be realm hopping to get a rare??? its not even a rare if you do that wtf.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used and even abused it several times but I'm glad if it's gone.

It's only bothered me once, when a bunch of alliance decided to sit in Thrallmar killing npcs. I tried to hop servers through LFG, not knowing the change, and it didn't work. I just logged out and waited an hour. Didn't feel like pvping to try to level.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."