Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    ... why they couldn't just make Hand of Guldan have a chance to summon the above at random....
    To be honest, summoning a flock of Succubi would be full of win. I wish my Succubus would get some play time.

Demonic empowerment needs to go.

This cycle is just boring...

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Um...We can already Summon Imps, Void Walkers, Felhunters, Succubus, Doomguards, Felguards, Infernals not to mention the greater demons for the initial four.

Begs the question why they couldn't just make Hand of Guldan have a chance to summon the above at random.

Lore wise we are some great warlock but can only muster summoning Imps and Dogs to do our attacking.
    actually thats a pretty sweet idea. like the outlaw rogue slot machine mechanic but for locks and summoning random pets.
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grinthe View Post
    On the other, the ramp up time is awful, so is the target swapping and having to cast your empowerment after literally every demon you summon feels pretty clunky.
    Yes. God dammit. Hand of guldan? Empower. Hounds? Empower. Service grimoir? Empower. God dammit.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Nobody (empower) enjoys (empower) mindless (empower) maintenance (empower) spells (empower)

i wish the artifact gave us a pitlord pet, toher then that its pretty good, just wish we had some more demons... like litterally ALL of our spells where demons, replace demonbolt with sending a eye of killrog to explode on your enemy, empowerment a inquistor who channels, empowering all demons currently out, demonic empowerment a infernal that spawns and does aoe damage, etc

I really do enjoy the new Demonology, but I agree that Demonic Empowerment is not at all fun, interesting or engaging. If anything, they should buff the baseline damage and HP of our pets (since they're currently tuned around having DE active), change our Mastery, and make Demonic Empowerment a longer CD ability that provides us with some on-demand burst, seeing as how Warlocks in general no longer have a real damage cooldown other than Summon Doomguard/Infernal, and talentable abilities.

Or.. they could get rid of DE altogether and give us something more interesting in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Heaterz 88 View Post
    i mean what do you expect to do? summon dreadlords? yeah right.
    How SS do we need to summon a Jaina?

It's not the spec I'm going to play. Watched some PvP videos (or maybe it was just the one video) and liked what I saw. The artifact is also really great visually.

When I play it though.... no thanks. I find it to be too much about micromanagement which I fail horribly at. Then again, I wasn't a master of MoP/WoD demo to begin with
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i wish the artifact gave us a pitlord pet, toher then that its pretty good, just wish we had some more demons... like litterally ALL of our spells where demons, replace demonbolt with sending a eye of killrog to explode on your enemy, empowerment a inquistor who channels, empowering all demons currently out, demonic empowerment a infernal that spawns and does aoe damage, etc
    Even more awesome would be to enslave that pitlord from the artifact quest as the final act of the questline, instead of killing him. And use him as a cooldown to force him to do your bidding (like the doomguard/infernal cd). Now that would be class fantasy..oh well.
    It could be the lord of flames version of demonology.
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-08-23 at 10:29 AM.

Deleted
    I wonder if they could have made neo-demonology work within the old meta demonology framework without meta.

Build up demonic energy, cast "meta" / demonic empowerment and summon empowered demons for the duration or until toggled off, draining demonic energy as you do so.

The real problem with demonic empowerment right now is that you're spamming it constantly - if it was just a toggled stance-dance thing like meta was (as much as I dislike stance dancing), it would probably fix a lot of the gripes people have about it.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    Even more awesome would be to enslave that pitlord from the artifact quest as the final act of the questline, instead of killing him. And use him as a cooldown to force him to do your bidding (like the doomguard/infernal cd). Now that would be class fantasy..oh well.
    It could be the lord of flames version of demonology.
    It wouldn't be class fantasy because it would be scaled down to be retardedly small. Same as the DK with their tiny abomination, it just looks stupid and ruins a good monster.

Yes, actually, I am. I realized as I was leveling that the rhythm of buffing reminded me a fair amount of playing masterminds in City of Heroes, and that was my favorite class in any MMO ever.

Not that I would be at all unhappy at needing to use fewer Demonic Empowerments - I'd like it to last longer. But the overall rhythm of play is okay and I have fun doing demo stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    I really do enjoy the new Demonology, but I agree that Demonic Empowerment is not at all fun, interesting or engaging. If anything, they should buff the baseline damage and HP of our pets (since they're currently tuned around having DE active), change our Mastery, and make Demonic Empowerment a longer CD ability that provides us with some on-demand burst, seeing as how Warlocks in general no longer have a real damage cooldown other than Summon Doomguard/Infernal, and talentable abilities.
    I think I'd be happy with this. As it is, since the demons are all balanced around being empowered 100% of the time, their baseline damage is pathetic. Needing to cast a buff in order to make them worthwhile, after every summon, doesn't feel fun; it doesn't make me feel like a super-powerful master summoner. It would definitely fit the class fantasy more if the pets were actually already at a decent level when you summoned them, and then you had a cooldown that could make them super-strong.

I like Felplague's idea too, but that's more of a total revamp that I doubt we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Nobody (empower) enjoys (empower) mindless (empower) maintenance (empower) spells (empower)
    I do. As filler spells go, I prefer it to Shadow Bolt.

Deleted
    Demo lock had so much potential. Reading through the ideas in this post alone makes you wonder, what the class dev's actually do all day... I wish it was playable, because it has a lot of really cool stuff:
    - Best artifact weapon skin - the floating head is just awesome! So much better than a freaking staff that looks like every 2nd staff out there (destro) or a re-used scythe that even existed as a blue item before (affli)
    - It is really cool to run around with your imp army after a longer fight (although it disappears quickly of course).
    - Imps riding Feldogs - how cool is that?

But:
    - In pre-patch, I did not have a more frustrating experience than running hero dungeons as demo: Before you even finish your 2nd shadow bolt, trash is dead. Bosses live barely long enough to get a gang of demons out, let alone an army...

- Raiding pre-patch is still best as Demo because you could basically sleep while pushing the same 3 buttons if your low mana warning every 5 seconds would not wake you up again. Horribly freaking boring.

-> I know, pre-patch doesnt count for anything, but it IS hugely frustrating - and gives you an outlook of how it will look like at every end of every major patch...

Mechanics of the Demo (as a lot of people mentioned here already) are not suitable for raiding - like at all. If there were 8 patchwerk-style fights in each Raid instance, then it would work, though
    Demo used to have the biggest nuke in game (consumption) before it was nerfed.
    And to steal the idea of one of the previous poster: It (empower) is (empower) highly (empower) annoying!! Had to chuckle at that!

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    When explaining dissatisfaction with DE to people, I've taken to using Shadow priest as an analogy. How would it feel if Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric touch each lasted 12 seconds and did like a third of their current damage, and you had to boost them back up to the damage you are used to by casting "Empower Void" after every cast of each DoT?

I mean sure, I don't find Mind Flay to be a very interesting filler, but forcing in a new spell that only exists to prop up weak spells to a reasonable level isn't an attractive alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    It's not filler, it's maintenance, there is a difference.

As someone that hated Metamorphosis and thought it was misplaced i actually love the new Demonology.

I do think it can be even better but something that even remotely resembles a summoner is a great thing in my book.

I just wish instead of imps and recycled fel hounds we had summoned fel lords and jailors...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I just wish instead of imps and recycled fel hounds we had summoned fel lords and jailors...
    Yeah, considering that Legion has more new demon models than any xpac since BC, it is definitely disappointing that we are still so imp-focused.