Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Wait what, how would you do the WoD bonus objectives and stuff again?
    What's this for only Demon Hunters or something?
    you level another char? use your free boost on it? etc etc

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once you level 1 character, you level your alts in order to funnel resources to your main. Example:

1. Hunter to 110. (Leatherworker/Skinner)
    2. Monk to 110. (Alchemist/Herbalist/Fishing/Cooking) (All Raid Consumables)
    3. Rogue to 110. (Enchanter/Inscriptionist) (Gives me my enchants)

So, really to be effective for Raid, I end up leveling 3 characters. At that point, I can go back and level characters that interest me to see quest chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
    Good stuff! But prepare yourself for all the anti-speedlevelers on these forums.
    If you're trying to speed level the day of, the whole doing things in old content is actually a good way to get yourself massively slowed even with Legion having multiple zones to start from. You'll actually be behind in the long run instead of ahead and people continue this myth of getting old exp is good every expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Numptydumbty View Post
    I'm not gonna do this but fair play to you sir for the effort you've put in here.
    Can we not quote a full OP that is long like this one for a 1 sentence reply?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    ...so instead of getting to 105 in draenor we now don't even get to 101?

If you're in EU you could theoretically level to 110 on tuesday and complete all the quests in Suramar before the weekly reset and then you should get new Suramar quests on wednesday. No idea when the weekly reset happens in the US, but I guess you'd have to be quite fast to make it before the reset.
    Early Tuesday morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    If you're trying to speed level the day of, the whole doing things in old content is actually a good way to get yourself massively slowed even with Legion having multiple zones to start from. You'll actually be behind in the long run instead of ahead and people continue this myth of getting old exp is good every expansion.
    As of right now it's still worth it to turn in 25ish non-nerfed quests right on launch. Doing all that other stuff (Bonus Objectives, Treasures), yeah, that would be a waste of time now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    It has been true for the last three expansions and will be the same this time. The first players that hit 110 will have done stuff in Draenor. They won't even be behind in terms of Legion reputations as they have to go through all zones after the recent nerfs to Draenor quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
    Good stuff! But prepare yourself for all the anti-speedlevelers on these forums.
    I have nothing against an efficient leveling route via quests, which to be honest I think should be competitive against such things as dungeon spamming as a tank or in a premade group.
    If anything I think that needs more attention as an alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Sorry but doin quest to get levels before you start broken shore is simple stupid:
    #1 you need to be friendly with all of them for worldquests
    #2 "thanks" to scaling mobs die faster when you are pre-110.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sorry but doin quest to get levels before you start broken shore is simple stupid:
    The fact you've only brought up 2 arguments make you look like a fool. There are more positive sides to it than those 2 negative ones you've mentioned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    You obviously didn't put much work into your research so stop calling things you don't know about stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    you level another char? use your free boost on it? etc etc
    Surely boosting a character is not worth doing just to get these things unlocked? You plan on remaking your main toon just to level a little faster?
    Really no point with 3 weeks between launch and raids opening.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Adding a note to the OP since a lot of people have been asking/commenting about the "Dreanor Pre-Quest XP" section.

This has been tested after the nerfs to WOD content XP nerfs, it's also intended for boosted characters if you care about doing pre-expansion content XP gains in a minimal amount of time. My group is planning to invite 2 mains to an low pop server to take advantage of less competition, if you're on a high pop server it may be worth it to go directly to legion content.

You can also get around 40-50k xp from having all your garrison missives ready to turn in if you're really wanting to do something in less than a minute and get going.

Also keep in mind that despite getting 80% of a level, you'll probably be friendly before you hit 110 with all the leveling zones prior to Suramar.
    Last edited by Rykun; 2016-08-24 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Surely boosting a character is not worth doing just to get these things unlocked? You plan on remaking your main toon just to level a little faster?
    Really no point with 3 weeks between launch and raids opening.
    Given levelling is a 12 hour process before pots these days and there's very little advantage other than sentiment to existing characters in legion (that you couldn't get in a few days prep) it was an option to appealed to many.

As a note, the wod bonus objectives are not a massive gain like they were, but definitely still worth it if you feel like it. Since I'm planning to get 3-4 characters in the first couple days the extra bonus will be appreciated on my DH to skip a couple levels.

And to expand on teh friendly thing - if you do it intentionally you can get friendly with all zone factions within 3 levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

ive all WOD zone free to quest because i'll use invasion to do 1-100
    It's a good idea to make all quest in WOD before?

Been reading this in many threads about "do only the main quest".

But I haven't seen anywhere about how do I actually know which ones are the "main quest"? :|

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Wait, we're 10 replies in, and still no 'OMG THE CORRECT WAY TO LEVEL IS TO JUST HAVE FUN AND RUN AROUND LIKE A RETARD, ONLY TRYHARDS WANT TO BE EFFICIENT IN WHATEVER THEY SPEND THEIR TIME ON' posts? Amazing. Is it even MMO-Champion?

Amazing work by the way, OP. This will be useful.
    I was shocked as well, but it's your/my $15/40K, play how YOU want. I prefer sniping lowbie flagged alliance right before a boss dies. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post

But I haven't seen anywhere about how do I actually know which ones are the "main quest"? :|
    its fairly easy, any quest that fits with the zone story is a main quest, weird stuff in hubs that don't fit the zone are not.

It's (generally) bad advice only doing the main quest though, if you do that you will need to do 4 dungeons (and pugging those is a waste of time due to queus, so only do this if you've got a 5man guild group) or you won't hit 110.
    You also won't have any of the flight paths which will help a lot for world quests

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post

You can tell what's a main story line quest by looking at the top right hand corner of this, but my guide covers all the main story quests and the side quests necessary to hit 110 if you followed it. I'm not really sure why anyone would want to skip the dungeon quests either even if you were soloing, they give a huge amount of xp (like 130k) on top of the 2.5-3 bars of xp for completion, plus give an ilv 800 piece of gear that helps you get to the 785 ilv requirement to que heroics when you get to 110 plus it's a ilv 800 piece of gear you can wear while leveling from level 101 basically... which is a big upgrade from 743 ilv most people in mythic gear have even.

The first time my group did this run we didn't even complete two of the dungeons and got 110 (Darkheart Thicket/Neltharion's Lair). Most dungeons in my group are like 8-15 minutes in length depending on which one we're doing. Don't expect other groups to be speed clearing like that but i'd wager it's still worth the time to do the dungeons.

PS: oh hey I can post links now, ill update the OP at some point today when i'm not at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykun View Post
    Hey MMO-Champ,

If you don't have one already, join a group that's farming coins/turtle mounts/ect in the WOD Garrison for coins to buy a Crimson Water Strider. It's by far the most useful mount to use while questing in Legion.

You have to be 'Best Friend' with Nat Pagle to get one of these. Just use a regular strider.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivalen View Post
    You have to be 'Best Friend' with Nat Pagle to get one of these. Just use a regular strider.
    You can use Azure if you would like, but I think Nat is quicker to farm since its not gated by dalies.

If you cant spend the time doing either however potions of waterwalking are nice to get.

Going to be updating a few things later tonight when I get home from work. Mostly stuff regarding missive XP and a few strategies for speed clearing dungeons for max efficency while leveling since most questions im getting have to do with those two topics (mostly how you can complete some dungeons in 8 minutes).

Im also probably going to stream a run through everything saturday night if the beta servers are still up.