Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Yeah considering they have their own event why would they release the big news at a different event which would just harm their own event.
    Well they announced Legion at Gamescon 2015 so

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    endless rift mode, boss every 5 levels getting more difficult as you go deeper.

That would be really cool. Liked that mod in Torchlight

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Honestly I don't see how there can't be anything big at Blizzcon.

- it's the 20 year anniversary
    - they've been hiring for a new Diablo project for a long time now
    - D3 staff has been gradually stepping down
    - hints like the D4 (granted that is to be taken with a giant pinch of salt, but in context with everything else..)

In terms of timeline, we should have heard about a 2nd expansion by now, and several key staff members leaving does not seem to support another D3 expansion being on its way.

I'm expecting an announcement with maybe a logo and some general description of intent and direction for either a D4 or a new title in the universe.

As far as the tweet goes - they don't reply to very specific tweets like these by accident. Sometimes they end up with their foot in their mouth, but they generally know what they're doing on that front.
    Agree.

I don't expect another D3 expansion, especially because of the 'unannounced project' in front of every job description under the diablo category.

So, D4 or a game based on the diablo universe. Maybe a kind of action-MMO.

Considering Gamescon was plastered with D2 rubbish, I was there, its obvious the big announcement will by D2 HD, nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Considering Gamescon was plastered with D2 rubbish, I was there, its obvious the big announcement will by D2 HD, nothing else.
    I would be happy with that too.
    A remake of D2 with updated visuals and more QoL features (no more muling :x) would be pretty sweet imo. Been feeling the itch to play it again for a while.

Meh, as much as i loved Diablo 2 back in the days i want new games, not older ones with polish. (I know i would buy a D2 HD because i'm a fanboy but that's playing with my feelings).
    I would love a bigger expansion for Diablo 3 because it will be released sooner than a new game in the franchise and i want it to change the core mechanics of the game, like the boring stat stacks via paragon, gems, gear and the linearity of making a build since sets are basically templates of what you need to use to make your character workable.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

That's what it very likely will be.
    I'm not expecting any gameplay footage at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I really, really doubt there will be any major new content for D3 at this point, a big chunk of key staff members have left over the last year.
    That's assuming they havent been replaced already, or are in the process of being replaced. The team is more than one or two people, and who's to say someone new, with a new perspective at the helm is a bad thing? Work can still be done, and the top guys who left could have completed enough of the heavy lifting before leaving, and have established a road map of the work that needs to be done. From everything posted, none of the teamleaders who left were sudden departures, so some work had to have been done for a transition. It's not like just because they left, the entire team is sitting there twiddling their thumbs. They're working on something, that can be assured - either D4, or an expansion.

As long as the Diablo team exists, there's no fear that something new will come out at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Meh, as much as i loved Diablo 2 back in the days i want new games, not older ones with polish. (I know i would buy a D2 HD because i'm a fanboy but that's playing with my feelings).
    I would love a bigger expansion for Diablo 3 because it will be released sooner than a new game in the franchise and i want it to change the core mechanics of the game, like the boring stat stacks via paragon, gems, gear and the linearity of making a build since sets are basically templates of what you need to use to make your character workable.
    I don't think i could be more in agreement with anyone else at this point.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I really hope its a big announcement..because i really miss diablo 3 but for now i can only play 1/2 hours before i get bored

15+ Year Old Account
    Insta buy CE as soon as it's released. Even though I don't play Diablo anymore. But it's a game from my childhood, I always cherish my happy memories

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont care what the new announcement is...

As long as it adds shapeshifters to D3
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    rune words,more runes for skills,skill set managment.
    In order:
    Please no, nothing like charms in D2 LoD.
    Yes
    Yes FFS yes, I shouldn't have to make 2 toons per season with 2 different gear sets in order to make swapping builds not a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Good old hype train, when have you ever let us down?

You really miss dropping items on the ground and swapping toons quick before the game expires in order to mule your loot?
    Honestly it didn't bother me, but sure, that could be the part they improved upon.

But the rest? Itemization, gameplay, talent trees, runes, overall level progression? Fuck, i'd happily endure the shitty mule system to have that back with updated graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Honestly it didn't bother me, but sure, that could be the part they improved upon.

But the rest? Itemization, gameplay, talent trees, runes, overall level progression? Fuck, i'd happily endure the shitty mule system to have that back with updated graphics.
    I would think one of the most obvious and easily implemented changes a D2 remake would have is a proper inventory system and more space like in D3, and accountwide-shared stash.

I would think one of the most obvious and easily implemented changes a D2 remake would have is a proper inventory system and more space like in D3, and accountwide-shared stash.
    Stash is accountwide atm, or are you talking about D3?
    Also the inventory system in D2 is almost identical to the one in D3, I think we even have less space now that we did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Stash is accountwide atm, or are you talking about D3?
    Also the inventory system in D2 is almost identical to the one in D3, I think we even have less space now that we did.
    Stash is accountwide in D2 now? I did not know, haven't played in...probably 7 or 8 years now.
    Not sure about having less space..I kind of doubt that seeing as you can have...how many? 6? 7? 8 tabs by now? D2 used to be just one tab iirc. Hence the muling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheres all the Trademark sleuths at?

Stash is accountwide in D2 now? I did not know, haven't played in...probably 7 or 8 years now.
    Not sure about having less space..I kind of doubt that seeing as you can have...how many? 6? 7? 8 tabs by now? D2 used to be just one tab iirc. Hence the muling.
    Sorry meant to say D2, not D3.
    I meant inventory space not stash space. D3 is definitely superior in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Please, please, please, please let me be able to play as Hell's Champion!
    Hell no. /chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I saw an article yesterday detailing what is inside the Blizzcon goody bag this year. Diablo fans get a diablo-themed dice bag. Guess what's in it: a D4 which appears to be misprinted to fall on a 4 on one side when you roll a 1!

Could mean nothing, could mean EVERYTHING.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Yep. I had the obligatory mules for D2.

The one thing from D2 I'd like to see put into D3 is the character wardrobe tab - it was extra slots, and with sets so prevalent in D3, it would be nice to have room on each character to store two complete sets on the character, not in the stash.